By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Troy Parrott

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

"Lots of people don't even know if Troy has long hair or short hair, is blond or dark," Mourinho said. "[But] they speak about: 'Troy, Troy, Troy, he should play!' There was a guy behind me on the bench the other day: 'Play Troy, play Troy'. I don't think he knows Troy.

"I was so happy with the way he performed [for the U23s] – and I’m not speaking about the goal.

"I told him before the game, every time you play with the kids of your age, you have to show why you are the privileged one, why you are training in the first-team every day and some of them are not.

"Because it was something that he was not doing. Every time he was playing with the kids, he was playing with the mentality of, ‘I shouldn’t be here, I am too good to be here, it’s not here that I want to play.’ And this is an educational process.

"That is why I was so happy with what we did yesterday. Yesterday I was not worried about [him] scoring goals or not scoring goals. I was worried about attitude, what he does, the way the other kids look at him.

"He has to go there and to show his attitude and professionalism and how privileged he is. He cannot go there with discontent or contempt."

Mourinho has previously named Manchester United academy graduate Scott McTominay as one of his biggest success stories and the Portuguese continued: "I had exactly the same words with Scott McTominay. He was not loved in his group age, because he was not with the right frame of mind.

"The moment we started changing that, lots of things started changing for him. And every time he was going to the team, he was the best. He was the best in everything, the best in attitude, the best in character.

"This is the way you work with kids and if, in these generations, kids have things too easy in life, I think it’s part of the education to also see the other side.

"I think Troy will come even stronger and stronger when everything happens step by step. And not immediately. Because he is not ready for immediately. So it is a process.

"So tomorrow if he plays and he scores the winning goal, and he is the back page of your newspaper, nothing changes. The next week he goes again to play for the U23s. Everything is a process."

"He’s an Irish kid with a family based in Dublin, that comes to London," Mourinho continued. "He lives with a [host] family that Tottenham thinks is a perfect family to support him. But he’s a kid so, of course we need to take care of him.

"In the first-team, he is not surrounded by kids of his age. He is surrounded by top professional players with a different life and different lifestyle, with different focus on life. So he needs to have his feet on the ground, we need to help him to have his feet on the ground.

"To behave like a very young professional that has a career ahead of him, not as somebody in the last part of his career. There is an educational process.

"Everything is part [of it], also the way he trains with us. He is a privileged boy, he is being taken very good care of in the club. The boss of the academy John [McDermott] – I think I share with him many of the educational principles that are important for him. So everything goes very, very well. Everything goes very, very well.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
But he’s a kid so, of course we need to take care of him.

Oh fuck off Jomo, I had left home and been at work for 3 years when I was 18.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
But he’s a kid so, of course we need to take care of him.

Oh fuck off Jomo, I had left home and been at work for 3 years when I was 18.
I wonder if Maureen watched Billy Gilmore at Chelsea and the Liverpool youngsters last night, or is he aware of Haarland and Jadon Sancho at Dortmund, does he remember Marcus Rashford and Dele's early years? No? Probably not, because when we were a goal down against Wolves having led twice, he brought Gedson Fernandes on and left a proven goalscorer Parrott on the bench. Mr Parrott went on to open the scoring the following evening (Monday) against Wolves U23...........

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Maybe Troy is a fearless shit hot penalty taker, but he didn't look like it. I can't help but feel angry at those more senior players who let him step up to take one yesterday.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Maybe Troy is a fearless shit hot penalty taker, but he didn't look like it. I can't help but feel angry at those more senior players who let him step up to take one yesterday.
Personally I think it says alot about the lad that he sticks his hand up straight away. I only hope the senior players were there for him after the game, That experience will stand to Troy.
I would HOPE that Mourinho commended him in front of those "senior" players who kept their hands down for his bottle, regardless of the result....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Personally I think it says alot about the lad that he sticks his hand up straight away. I only hope the senior players were there for him after the game, That experience will stand to Troy.
I would HOPE that Mourinho commended him in front of those "senior" players who kept their hands down for his bottle, regardless of the result....
didnt Kane miss a penalty in europa league with hearts?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good story, I only hope that Mourinho turns out to be the right manager for him, I'm pretty sure that Poch would have been, assuming the right attitude from Troy - contrast with Marcus Edwards for example.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Next he has to go to Norwich and Leicester ,ad. Then come back to become a One season wonder , just like HK

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Good to keep him close by; I wonder if there's any arrangement for him to train with the squad at least part-time.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Need to make sure that this one doesn't slip through our fingers.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Sounds respectfully miffed.

Troy Parrott on Jose remarks “He’s not ready" “To be fair, he’s such an experienced manager and he’s done nearly everything in the game, so if he feels like that’s right then there must be some truth in it and I had to take it on the chin. I knew I just had to keep my head down Getting this loan is hopefully going to help me improve push on. I was speaking to staff/players finding out what I needed to do to be better. Obviously Mourinho has worked with some of the best strikers there’s ever been. To get advice off him was great. It was helpful advice.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Withdrawn from Irelands game with injury.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Was beginning to wonder whether I had just imagined him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Was beginning to wonder whether I had just imagined him.
Had injuries since start of the season,lets hope is back and gets a good run now,made his full international debut midweek.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
tonight is your night bro....

gLLbT99j