By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What the top 6 need

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It's fucking disgusting.

That money could fix entire communities.
True or Neymars Dad's commission, or Goldman Sachs bankers bonus for 1 year or add those three together and fix a country.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ok 3 weeks of the window left,first results are in from the opening weekend,time for a revisit and appraisal of what we have seen so far.

A few weeks ago I wrote;

Chelsea
have signed morata,Willy Caballero, defender Antonio Rudiger and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko,will lose Costa,lost terry,loaned out about a dozen players including Zouma or sold cheaply their youth talent like solanke.Basically will morata do better than Costa?maybe Matic is moving on and does bakayoko add to their midfield significantly is my take.

Ok Burnley all gave us a good chuckle,but is it as bad as we hope?Morata a late sub looked good,not as physical as Costa but more mobile.Squad looks thin especially midfield for the match with us,ok they have injuries,pedro,hazard,fabregas suspended but really selling Matic looks to be a game changer (for united and chelsea),that only leaves kante as a starter for next weekend,thats ridiculously short on the DM side.Seems like madness,why sell Matic to a rival ony to have to later buy a replacement?answers??anyone?
Considering they already did a bit of business,(just the odd £150m) they suddenly look like they need to do more than us with the clock ticking.

Liverpool
Took Solanke from chelsea,signed Hulls fullback and Salah however good an area they are full of players,lost utility player Lucas,will still have Milner/moreno in defence,is there really any movement here to worry anyone?defence and defnsive midfield still a big question surely?

Defence,defence defence&a keeper! and thats before coutinio s barca saga.Concede 3 at watford,you have no right to be champions.Forward heavy,defence light,Klopp like wenger should be lauded for his inability to coach and set up defensive units in an attacking team.

Arse
Spunked the war chest on lacezette,france`s cover for giroud and a free balkan player from germany added.Still have unrest over ozil,sanchez,wilshere,gibbs,chamberlin entering the final year of contracts,the polish selfie twat has gone and flop perez to be sold taking a big hit probably,worried??Not really,defence and defensive midfield still as bad as Liverpools ATM.

Like Liverpool,defence is ??lightweight in the middle of the pitch in front of the back 3 or 4,They conceded 3 at home in the opener,last season we conceded 9 at home all year.Still no new contracts for sanchex,ozil ox,wage heavy looking to lose gibbs,chambers,perez off the bill,carry on arsene,they could make a film couldnt they.If only their asst manager was a defender to help out....oh wait.Dont look a better prospect than last year.

Man Utd
Signed big lump Lukaku and defender Lindelof for over £100m and desperate for a defensive midfielder according to jose,matic,dier on the radar,fellaini going to turkey they say,and talisman Rooney gone,oh yeah 30 goal zlatan finished,will lukaku even get close?.Reports of winger perisic wanted,not sure how that makes martial,rashford and other players feel.Still keeping smalling and jones should help even up the odds

Well they did sign Matic,hard to judge if they are suddenly that good,it was ony west ham.My hope was Lukaku would take time and get weighed down by the price tag and expectation,looks like harry has a battle for the boot though..Still a bit weak in the back 4 for me if you can get past matic&pogba,definatly improved from last year,chelsea really did Jose a solid giving em Matic.

Man City
Huge squad now,cant be bothered to list the +£200m they spent already,trying to shore up the defence with nearly all and another CB wanted too Pep says.Thing about having a huge squad is players like Sane have a face like a bulldog licking piss off of a nettle,did you see him warming up yesterday??can you add so many and make them tick?and keep a squad happy and working.Yes we made them look great in a friendly,they are the ones most improved on paper,but so were they last year and unfortunatly we play on grass.Pep like wengers failure to grasp defence is their achilles heel imo.

Well saturdays line up....

DHCeub6XcAAr2uy.jpg

Ok thats a small countrys value right there :rolleyes:,strong bench and with Mendy,gundogan,bony,delph (lol),nasri, not even on it,I make that over +£300m spent kicking their heels,impossible to keep them all happy.Can they be a team as well as half a billion of mercs?Doubt they will spend more,injuries to CBs could be their undoing.Remember they had the league won in oct last year,and fell away,can they gel?and can pep sort out defence?Well thats our hope.Look strongest by far (on paper!)

Everton
Lost Lukaku added rooney and ramirez,lost deulofeu and probably barkley and added sunderlands GK,an ajax midfielder,,burnleys CB for around +£100m.We all know how this ends changing over 50% of a side in one hit.The players maybe good potential but that was a chunk of money.Also like arsenal I will say thursday nights!!And unlike last year liverpool and chelsea will play midweek in europe to add to any negative I can cling to.

Ok I am bored now,a bit like watching everton,spent a lot,but dont see lots of goals,rooney wont dig them out every week and is siggy the missing piece?still need to replace Lukaku`s +20 goals or just battling for top 6 again.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I know people dont care about these things but below is the number of British players in the starting line ups

Arse 3
Scouse 2
Chav 1
Citeh 2
Man Ure 2
Spurs 5
Everton 7

Also the 2 for citeh were their only home grown players and they cost £100m ish

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ok 3 weeks of the window left,first results are in from the opening weekend,time for a revisit and appraisal of what we have seen so far.

A few weeks ago I wrote;

Chelsea
have signed morata,Willy Caballero, defender Antonio Rudiger and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko,will lose Costa,lost terry,loaned out about a dozen players including Zouma or sold cheaply their youth talent like solanke.Basically will morata do better than Costa?maybe Matic is moving on and does bakayoko add to their midfield significantly is my take.

Ok Burnley all gave us a good chuckle,but is it as bad as we hope?Morata a late sub looked good,not as physical as Costa but more mobile.Squad looks thin especially midfield for the match with us,ok they have injuries,pedro,hazard,fabregas suspended but really selling Matic looks to be a game changer (for united and chelsea),that only leaves kante as a starter for next weekend,thats ridiculously short on the DM side.Seems like madness,why sell Matic to a rival ony to have to later buy a replacement?answers??anyone?
Considering they already did a bit of business,(just the odd £150m) they suddenly look like they need to do more than us with the clock ticking.

Liverpool
Took Solanke from chelsea,signed Hulls fullback and Salah however good an area they are full of players,lost utility player Lucas,will still have Milner/moreno in defence,is there really any movement here to worry anyone?defence and defnsive midfield still a big question surely?

Defence,defence defence&a keeper! and thats before coutinio s barca saga.Concede 3 at watford,you have no right to be champions.Forward heavy,defence light,Klopp like wenger should be lauded for his inability to coach and set up defensive units in an attacking team.

Arse
Spunked the war chest on lacezette,france`s cover for giroud and a free balkan player from germany added.Still have unrest over ozil,sanchez,wilshere,gibbs,chamberlin entering the final year of contracts,the polish selfie twat has gone and flop perez to be sold taking a big hit probably,worried??Not really,defence and defensive midfield still as bad as Liverpools ATM.

Like Liverpool,defence is ??lightweight in the middle of the pitch in front of the back 3 or 4,They conceded 3 at home in the opener,last season we conceded 9 at home all year.Still no new contracts for sanchex,ozil ox,wage heavy looking to lose gibbs,chambers,perez off the bill,carry on arsene,they could make a film couldnt they.If only their asst manager was a defender to help out....oh wait.Dont look a better prospect than last year.

Man Utd
Signed big lump Lukaku and defender Lindelof for over £100m and desperate for a defensive midfielder according to jose,matic,dier on the radar,fellaini going to turkey they say,and talisman Rooney gone,oh yeah 30 goal zlatan finished,will lukaku even get close?.Reports of winger perisic wanted,not sure how that makes martial,rashford and other players feel.Still keeping smalling and jones should help even up the odds

Well they did sign Matic,hard to judge if they are suddenly that good,it was ony west ham.My hope was Lukaku would take time and get weighed down by the price tag and expectation,looks like harry has a battle for the boot though..Still a bit weak in the back 4 for me if you can get past matic&pogba,definatly improved from last year,chelsea really did Jose a solid giving em Matic.

Man City
Huge squad now,cant be bothered to list the +£200m they spent already,trying to shore up the defence with nearly all and another CB wanted too Pep says.Thing about having a huge squad is players like Sane have a face like a bulldog licking piss off of a nettle,did you see him warming up yesterday??can you add so many and make them tick?and keep a squad happy and working.Yes we made them look great in a friendly,they are the ones most improved on paper,but so were they last year and unfortunatly we play on grass.Pep like wengers failure to grasp defence is their achilles heel imo.

Well saturdays line up....

DHCeub6XcAAr2uy.jpg

Ok thats a small countrys value right there :rolleyes:,strong bench and with Mendy,gundogan,bony,delph (lol),nasri, not even on it,I make that over +£300m spent kicking their heels,impossible to keep them all happy.Can they be a team as well as half a billion of mercs?Doubt they will spend more,injuries to CBs could be their undoing.Remember they had the league won in oct last year,and fell away,can they gel?and can pep sort out defence?Well thats our hope.Look strongest by far (on paper!)

Everton
Lost Lukaku added rooney and ramirez,lost deulofeu and probably barkley and added sunderlands GK,an ajax midfielder,,burnleys CB for around +£100m.We all know how this ends changing over 50% of a side in one hit.The players maybe good potential but that was a chunk of money.Also like arsenal I will say thursday nights!!And unlike last year liverpool and chelsea will play midweek in europe to add to any negative I can cling to.

Ok I am bored now,a bit like watching everton,spent a lot,but dont see lots of goals,rooney wont dig them out every week and is siggy the missing piece?still need to replace Lukaku`s +20 goals or just battling for top 6 again.
I think Citeh and Man United unfortunately look like they've spunked money out wisely for once. Both brought in a lot of players, but Pep in particular had a settled core (that also cost shit tons of money) in place to build around. As it stands, they have a pretty balanced squad. What would throw a spanner in the works for them would be if they fail to deal with the inevitable injury to Kompany. They have depth everywhere but his position, and could probably use another CB. Also, you forgot to put another LOL beside Nasri.

I agree 100% about Everton, I think they'll still finish seventh after spending all that money. And that mob across the river from them will yet again manage to score lots of goals and throw away points in what will hopefully be very entertaining ways. Hard to see what Klopp's thinking is. Personally, our games with them are the two I want to win the most other than the NLDs.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think Citeh and Man United unfortunately look like they've spunked money out wisely for once. Both brought in a lot of players, but Pep in particular had a settled core (that also cost shit tons of money) in place to build around. As it stands, they have a pretty balanced squad. What would throw a spanner in the works for them would be if they fail to deal with the inevitable injury to Kompany. They have depth everywhere but his position, and could probably use another CB. Also, you forgot to put another LOL beside Nasri.

I agree 100% about Everton, I think they'll still finish seventh after spending all that money. And that mob across the river from them will yet again manage to score lots of goals and throw away points in what will hopefully be very entertaining ways. Hard to see what Klopp's thinking is. Personally, our games with them are the two I want to win the most other than the NLDs.
City have spent roughly what they spent in 2015-16 and 2016-17, around £200 miliion'ish, same with United they've probably spent roughly £150 million, just like the 2 previous seasons. We beat them both, both times, despite spending less than half of what the 'giants' did. I'm not talking about nett spending but buying players. In the words of the Beatles - 'Money can'y buy the title'.

Pep, was going to bash the back doors out of everyone last season, white flags were waved after they won the first 6 games, then they fucked it up.

I'm not worried about the opposition or how much they have spent, we have a team with the the will and talent to beat them all. We need a little bit more depth if we are going to compete in 4 competitions, but the Poch says reinforcements are on their way, and I trust him, I don't trust that evil money grabbing bugger Levy so I shall wait and see. We don't seem to have have the ego problem with star players that the 'big clubs' have - except Rose and he is dead to me now. Our players want to play for the Poch, nobody wants to play for Mourinho, Klippetty is bit of a clown,and I dunno about Pep.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What the top 6 need is a manager that can coach, teach players new things and bring youth through to the first team. Only one team has that.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What the top 6 need is a manager that can coach, teach players new things and bring youth through to the first team. Only one team has that.....
Bit harsh on everton that!but are they top 6 I guess?

My heart agrees with you,my head lays the blame at the clubs/owners feet.This immediacy of winning,or at least qualifying for a money jackpot doesnt allow time,time for rashford,fosu mensu,martial,solanke,zouma,iheanacho, and so on to learn&develop.Takes courage,or partially in our case nothing to lose way back when Kane burst through.No doubt to me,rashford would be their own lukaku if he had played all last year,but jose couldnt wait or risk his rep or the sack,united couldnt risk another year without CL,so they signed zlatan and then lukaku.In the meantime Rashford doesnt improve as quickly,and probably wastes his development,when will he truly replace a £75m buy??2 years,3 years?never?It is a culture of being/chasing top 4 at the least risk.
Put it this way,4 CL places,2 cups,2 european trophies,it will take a miracle of situations for all 7 to come out smiling.So no domestic trophies,no european glory,come 5th/6th/7th who will get the sack,pep,klopp,jose,koeman,wenger,conte,poch?cos 1 or 2 will most likely.
Do I feel sorry for them or their players?no ATM,because we have broken that cycle,we are even more attractive to talent now because of allowing chances and rewards if taken.Is it by design?luck?or just our situation presently?.Come 6th no doubt alot of our support will turn on poch and the club,doubtful levy would cull Poch after 1 bad year,but would Poch then still live and die by trusting as he does now?or would he have insisted on a RB signing denying KWP his chance??

What several of the other coaches dont have is the ability to coach defence,its not just jan&toby are great players,the whole thing is drilled,drilled again until we are currently the best at it.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You can have Everton if you like, I don't k ow enough about their history and the Coleman, baines, Jagielka's of this world and they're 7th with the epitome of youth arguably 8th in The form of Southampton.

You're right of course about immediacy, as Pep said last season, he would have been sacked at most of Europes top clubs without a trophy.

Poch has simply shown that there is another way and he is currently blessed generally with the players at his disposal and their apparent current mindset.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You can have Everton if you like, I don't k ow enough about their history and the Coleman, baines, Jagielka's of this world and they're 7th with the epitome of youth arguably 8th in The form of Southampton.

You're right of course about immediacy, as Pep said last season, he would have been sacked at most of Europes top clubs without a trophy.

Poch has simply shown that there is another way and he is currently blessed generally with the players at his disposal and their apparent current mindset.
Everton have some good kids in and around their team,maybe the new chinese money will change that ethos though?or has now??

Guess if united are champions this year then my view is pretty mute in the short term,which is what their policy is all about.Where you are right is once a player starts with the 1st team with us,that is just the begininng of the coaches work with them at spurs.Gibbs,fabregas,barkley, breakthrough and stall,the talent can be there,but if you leave it as god given talent and dont work on it with them whats the point?Wenger,klopp everyone saying we could have bought dele,we were looking,i seriously doubt he would be where he is now with them.Its not just because we played him early doors.He has been worked on how we want him to play,his temperment,technique,tactics,he doesnt just make those runs into the box on his own volition hoping eriksen will find him,its worked on.Isnt that why Lukaku had to leave chelsea,why sturridge is stalling doesnt appear their clubs are helping them improve,just buy some competition and buck up lad.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@Don Diaz
and then the article about KWP came out,backs up what we`ve been saying.

Walker-Peters’ patience could hardly have been better rewarded. He played with the energy and clarity that have become the hallmarks of this Tottenham side and, even if the man-of-the-match award after their 2-0 win was perhaps generous, his performance left little doubt that all those hours spent working to Mauricio Pochettino’s template had been well spent.

Walker-Peters operated just as Pochettino asks his full-backs to, wide and high, supporting the attack sensibly while dealing tenaciously enough with the occasional threat posed by Christian Atsu. It was not swashbuckling stuff but it was composed and competent; after a buildup dominated by the frustrations of Danny Rose, there was plenty to be said for such a lack of fuss.

The timing of his debut provided an instructive glimpse of the way Tottenham handle their young talent nowadays. While it is true that Walker-Peters benefited from Kieran Trippier’s injury, sustained against Juventus the previous week, and the departure of his near-namesake Kyle Walker, it is equally fair to say Pochettino had planned on having him around.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
The rest of the top 6 for starters could do with Van Dijk.

Utd look extremely strong to me, so much power in their side and gas to burn in Rashford and Martial, not sure they need much else.

City could do with a cb or two, if I was Pep, I'd go after Van Dijk, otherwise they look very strong.

Chavs need some togetherness, they look a mess, Costa's clearly a popular and vocal figure in the dressing room and his situation is undermining Conte's position within the group, well that's what it looks like to me and with no JT to hold it together, they might struggle, saying all that, if they beat us then some might suggest they'll be back on track.

Arse and Dippers, couldn't give a fuck about, 2 teams who've had issues at the back and things haven't changed, think they'll both drop silly points throughout the season. The Toffees might be able to pick off one of these two for a top 6 spot, Dippers are massively vulnerable if Coutinho does go.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
That's a good post up there, about the other clubs around us. I think United and City have had the best of the window, and against a lot of teams, City are certainly going to blow the lower opposition away. It doesn't matter how suspicious their defence may be, and there are big question marks over Kompany with his fitness, and Stones and Otamendi in general. That won't be a factor in the lower quality games, because well... those teams won't even get the ball, but I'm not sure on the defence in the top six games.

United have bought largely what they needed, but so not so sure about Lindelof... Matic is a cracking piece of business, but I'm not sure Lukaku is a game player. I don't think the West Ham game says very much on their real form yet, I still have a feeling they are going to draw a lot of games this season.

Liverpool still have Moreno and Milner as left backs. What the actual fuck. Arsenal have only bought one defender, and no central midfielders. That scoreline against Leicester doesn't strike me as much of a fluke.

Everton changed so many first team players, and they are hoping they all come off. I'm not so sure they will.

I hope Chelsea implode, to be honest. Can't fathom why they've sold off their bench.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
T

Everton changed so many first team players, and they are hoping they all come off. I'm not so sure they will.

Evertons recent transfer business is weird as fuck. Its like having the money for 2 Ferraris, but you go out & buy 13 Fiat Puntos instead

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Evertons recent transfer business is weird as fuck. Its like having the money for 2 Ferraris, but you go out & buy 13 Fiat Puntos instead
Yeah and they weren't that bad to begin with, though losing Lukaku will be a blow. I think gylfi is a good move for them. Beyond that It does remind me a bit of how we spent the bale money.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yeah and they weren't that bad to begin with, though losing Lukaku will be a blow. I think gylfi is a good move for them. Beyond that It does remind me a bit of how we spent the bale money.

Not sure mate, personally I think they've bought really well. Pickford and Keane are two hugely promising talents, Klaasen looks a decent player, Gylfi, massively overpriced but we all know the quality he possesses and Rooney, despite being past his best, still has enough quality to make a difference on the pitch and will also be a big factor off it, his experience and the success he's had as a player can only be a good thing.

If my memory serves me correctly, not a single one of the players we bought with the Bale money had any pl experience, the majority of Everton's signings have. Lukaku's obviously a massive miss and pretty much impossible to replace with like for like, coz @skiathospurs, no Ferrari wants to go there, he'd be surrounded by Golfs and Fords, maybe a nice Audi and he wants at least a few other Ferraris or at least a few smart Mercs, Porsches or Astons around him!!

P.S Why the fuck am I arguing a case for Everton? Goddammit, get a grip man!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Not sure mate, personally I think they've bought really well. Pickford and Keane are two hugely promising talents, Klaasen looks a decent player, Gylfi, massively overpriced but we all know the quality he possesses and Rooney, despite being past his best, still has enough quality to make a difference on the pitch and will also be a big factor off it, his experience and the success he's had as a player can only be a good thing.

If my memory serves me correctly, not a single one of the players we bought with the Bale money had any pl experience, the majority of Everton's signings have. Lukaku's obviously a massive miss and pretty much impossible to replace with like for like, coz @skiathospurs, no Ferrari wants to go there, he'd be surrounded by Golfs and Fords, maybe a nice Audi and he wants at least a few other Ferraris or at least a few smart Mercs, Porsches or Astons around him!!

My view is they havent bought the one thing they need,lukaku`s +20 goals.And regardless of PL experience or level of quality adding 7 players and trying to make them into a team is going to take time,managers are judged sooner than that!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

All fair points, I just think such a total squad overhaul, even if almost all have PL experience, will be hard to pull off. Like Skia's saying the pressure will be on (esp. with Rooney there now, he's such a magnet for media attention) if they don't get off to a good start. I agree about Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Keane in particular, but from a personnel standpoint, it's hard to see how Gylfi and Rooney fit into the same XI. Put it this way: If Koeman pulls this off, he's without a doubt established as a top manager.

TBH though, I really hope you're right, if there's any club I'd like to see join us in breaking up the Manc/Chav stranglehold on the upper reaches of the league it would be Everton. They're the only regular top seven finishers that I don't hate. So they can finish second to us.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
My view is they havent bought the one thing they need,lukaku`s +20 goals.And regardless of PL experience or level of quality adding 7 players and trying to make them into a team is going to take time,managers are judged sooner than that!

Agreed mate but they've still got a few weeks in which to find a decent option up front. Very hard to go out and buy a striker that's gonna guarantee you the goals Lukaku got them, unless you spend huge sums of money and that player would unlikely join Everton. I'm guessing Koeman's hoping that Lukaku's goals will be shared around between Klaasen, Lookman, Gylfi and Rooney and that that Sandro fella can chip in with 15 or so.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fuck me....
Manchester United have re-signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a one-year contract.

What do rashford and martial have to do?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fuck me....

:p:p:p

Sweden to power country using Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s sense of self worth

Sweden has revealed new and potentially groundbreaking plans to power the country’s entire energy grid using Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s sense of self worth.

Facing up to increasingly relevant issues of climate change from fossil fuel use, the country’s energy department took the novel step to utilise what they have described as a “wholly clean and endless” supply of the striker’s self worth.

“This is an exciting day for Swedes everywhere. With the use of this constantly renewable and ever increasing energy source, our days of paying high sums for gas and oil are at an end,” said Swedish Minister for Energy Ibrahim Baylan at a press conference, adding that the Manchester United forward has been using his own sense of self to power his home and his vehicles for years.

The minister revealed that Sweden had gotten the idea from Portugal, who have been powering its energy grid for nearly a decade purely from the glow emitted from Cristiano Ronaldo.

At press time, the country’s government released guidelines regarding the energy’s use, revealing the strong chance of major irritation if exposed to high volumes of Ibrahimovic’s self worth.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Imagine that, Jose stifling young talent in favor of prima Donna.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Fuck me....

I have a slight feeling feeling that one of those chaps might be coming out way by next week, in exchange for the turncoat Rose.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If I were Mr Pochettino I'd be saying to Levy to stick a healthy and tempting bid for martial. See if martial bites and starts pestering for a transfer!

After a goal and assist in his first cameo to a meer ten minutes in the next game and now another striker in and already fighting with rashford for a spot. Might tempt him with 4 spots up top at us where he can potentially get alot of games!!

He would be a wonder signing, and anyone with half a brain cell can look back on mourinhos career and see how little opportunity there is with him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I have a slight feeling feeling that one of those chaps might be coming out way by next week, in exchange for the turncoat Rose.
That's an interesting thought.... is Martial pacy and French? We need one of those and could do a swap with Mr Rose, I like it although would like to keep Danny after he's had a thrashing from the Dressing room as well...

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Danny Rose can fuck off to United tomorrow with my blessing, as long as he holds the door for Martial coming in

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I'm not sure how keen I would be on giving them rose, although perhaps 2 rotational full backs of arguably different abilities but equal quality is overkill, i think the rotational ability is a serious asset. We did however do incredibly well without rose last season, and he would actually strengthen unites to be honest. They don't need full backs they need centre backs.

I have to admit though what Martial brings to the team is quality to the bench all round. He can play with Kane or replace him and play along any of the 3 behind him. Any of Alli, Eriksen, Kane, son, Lamela, martial able to rotate off the bench adds a whole new dimension to ability to win games late on, as Chelsea did against us in the cup last season.

Won't happen but as I already said in my previous post I'd definitely be chucking in a healthy bid and turning martials head a bit.