By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What the top 6 need

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well Everton need another £150m o_Oo_O

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
May as well go with the same thread eh??Some good predictions and some that didnt pan out like we hoped,2 out of the 6 managers gone (assuming conte does go),predicted flops for arsenal&chelsea materialised,time to ask what do the top 6 need this transfer window??

Last summer it was suggested;

Chelsea
1.Striker,more than likely Costa will be off,Batshitcrazy cant do it on his own,they need a starter!
2.Centerback,Terry off,zouma hasnt really progressed,if they stick with 3 at the back short of cover.I have to say they need a utility player like Dier,but can fuck right off with that.A cover player.
3.RB/right wing back,moses did ok but moses and i could say alonso the other side could be better.

Spurs;
1.Back up striker
2.CB cover
3.right sided midfield at a pinch wing back cover (if Kyle stays)

Man city;
1.CB starter
2.FB Both FBs out of contract this season (sagna and clichy)
3.FB
Could also do with a wanyama/dembele type yaya is past his best

Liverpool
1.Left back moreno is shit,milner has helped out but
2.CB short of quality and cover
3.DM,if you class henderson as such he is their only one.

Arsenal&man utd;
I have put these two together,cos I dont know where to start,except arsenal also need a top keeper.
1:Starting striker rooney,zlatan are off,probably giroud too,both need a top standalone striker
2.Defenders take your pick too many holes for this thread to fill
3.Fuck me midfielders allover required,DM for arse and better than walcott,ramsey,ox,united are just bang average fellaini lmao,theres no need for a #10 they so rarely attack.
Seriously though both clubs are looking at a massive overhaul of personnel

So,for ourselves we did sign a back up striker,didnt work out think we can agree!we signed sanchez as CB cover,huge success considering age,experience,language,step up in league standard,and we took on aurier for Walker and moura,jury is still out in those choices!!
City TBH lumped on defenders which they needed to,it was/is blindingly obvious that arsenal,liverpool needed and still need major work on defence as city did 12mths ago (and that after £75m on a CB),united well I just think they need quality,if he had great defenders,maybe he wouldnt have to set his team up to defend with 10 of them and they could join the rest of us with 3,4 or 5 at the back and a DM..

I will give some thought to each clubs priorities this summer transfer window,its too early today to write a long rambling wish list for 6 clubs transfers!!I welcome anyone that wishes to take that on and save me the job!!
hey @Style And Glory how about it ;)

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
@skiathospurs sorry as I saw you mention me earlier but had no time to post. Even now I have little time so I will focus mainly on Spurs.

Poch & his staff have signed a new deal until 2023. Biggest signing yet.

I've heard that we are willing "to be brave" & spend BEFORE we sell. Number being quoted is between £150M - £170M with a net spend of around £50M. Obviously, much depends on the negotiations of incoming & outgoing players. Many of our targets are not attending the WC so deals may be done soon.

As I said elsewhere, we may need a bit of a freshening up. Some out of necessity while others are simply out of our hands. Coles Notes version: get a CM, DM, CB & a backup for Kane.

First of all, there has been plenty of talk of Toby (£45M) leaving due to contractual issues. Sissoko (£18M) being moved on as it is time for him to make space for someone of greater use, There are also growing whispers of Dembele (£22),Wanyama (£35M),& even Aurier (£22M) moving on. Those 5 could bring us approx £152M. Factor in another 10% - 15% after other buying clubs are Levy'd & we're close to recouping £170M. That would amount to a big spend of about £220M if all is to believed.

If all of the above is to happen, what I'd like to see addressed first is the center of the pitch, CM. It is the spark of the engine that is going to make us tick smoothly. On his day, Dembele is irreplaceable as he is skillful, a strong presence off the ball & even stronger on it But there is much to be desired of his consistency due to injury. If we could find a fairly youthful, yet experienced, dynamic player to intelligently move us forward via dribbling &/or incisive passing, we would be greatly improved. Milinkovic-Savic's club has missed out on CL play so he'll move but his stock has risen astronomically to about £75M. We may be priced out. Only the big, free spending clubs would be in for him. ManU looks set to buy Fred. Would they spend even more on a midfielder? Maybe if Pogba, Fellaini, &/or Herrera are shipped out. Many punts on Savic going to Real Madrid. If that's the case, maybe there's a shout for us getting Kovacic? If PSG wins out, maybe Rabiot becomes available to us. Would Kovacic or Rabiot be in the £40M - £50M range in this inflated market?. If so, could be doable.

As for a DM, there are some strong yet raw, up & coming players like Diawara of Napoli (Ancelotti may now want to keep him) as Jorginho & Hamsik may leave to Citeh & China respectively.. NDombele is another beast who is at Lyon on loan from Amiens SC. There is also Julien Wiegl of Dortmund. Still very young at 22 but been there for ages. The latter could be had for around £40M yet the other 2 could be for half that. I think Lyon has an option to buy NDombele for as little as £8M.

MP also wants to be versatile in his formations without having to sub players. We have Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, CCV & Dier to play at the back. Dunno if CCV will be loaned out again & Foyth needs to eat a bit more meat so another CB like Matthijs de Ligt would be welcomed. This kid may just be the real deal. Young, strong, fearless, sprays balls accurately around the pitch & also likes to carry the ball forward as he used to be a CM. And he's experienced despite being just a teenager. This would also allow MP to play 3 at the back. Ajax want as much as possible as they're unwilling to part with a gem like him. We're willing to pay maybe £50M - £60M. Others like City may be willing to pay more but Raiola, his agent, would rather his clients go anywhere other than to Pep.

Up front, lots of talk of Martial leaving Mourinho & willing to come to us. Likelihood of that? Dunno. Would Mourinho sell to a rival? He's done it before but would he sell to Poch for him to make Martial significantly better while making Mourinho look an even bigger mug? Again, dunno. Martial offers plenty of versatility as he could play across the front 4, sub for Kane & even play alongside him. Martial - £60M? Or a swap for Toby? I wouldn't want the latter. He'd improve their defense & make them even more miserable to watch inching their way up the field.

Another Option: Bale
It would be epic if he was to come back & our training / physio staff were able keep him in peak performance for even 75% of the season. Plenty of life still left in him as he's quite the physical specimen even at 29.
Bale is a game changer on his on. Having him, Kane, Dele & Eriksen would be fierce. He would divert so much attention from the others thus granting them more space. He hasn't been happy of late in Madrid. Couple that with them wanting to offload him to make room for another Galactico. Figure being floated around is £65M. Give him his full image rights plus a top revised Spurs wage & we're done. The international attention we would get for his return would be immense. And imagine what an opening it would be for the NWHL to have him to be the last of our starting XI to walk out of the tunnel.

Side note: looks like KWP will slide in to Aurier's spot & Llorente will be sold for (insert answer).

As for the rest:

2. Man City - needs to lose all their good players. Very simple.

3. ManU - needs extensive & invasive treatment to rid their system of all Mourinhitis. It's a nauseating & oftentimes lethal condition for those that are unfortunately afflicted. Virus is highly contagious therefore avoid contact at all times. The City of Manchester will be constructing a wall around the RED Sector. courtesy of President Trump & his Mexican labourers.

4. Liverpool - needs a lobotomy & quite possibly much more extracted from their heads.

5. Chelsea - needs John Terry back in the team to fahk them up even more

6. Burnley - heh, heh, heh. ;)

In my haste, I've left a great deal out. Maybe I'll add on as the thread progresses.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@skiathospurs sorry as I saw you mention me earlier but had no time to post. Even now I have little time so I will focus mainly on Spurs.

Poch & his staff have signed a new deal until 2023. Biggest signing yet.

I've heard that we are willing "to be brave" & spend BEFORE we sell. Number being quoted is between £150M - £170M with a net spend of around £50M. Obviously, much depends on the negotiations of incoming & outgoing players. Many of our targets are not attending the WC so deals may be done soon.

As I said elsewhere, we may need a bit of a freshening up. Some out of necessity while others are simply out of our hands. Coles Notes version: get a CM, DM, CB & a backup for Kane.

First of all, there has been plenty of talk of Toby (£45M) leaving due to contractual issues. Sissoko (£18M) being moved on as it is time for him to make space for someone of greater use, There are also growing whispers of Dembele (£22),Wanyama (£35M),& even Aurier (£22M) moving on. Those 5 could bring us approx £152M. Factor in another 10% - 15% after other buying clubs are Levy'd & we're close to recouping £170M. That would amount to a big spend of about £220M if all is to believed.

If all of the above is to happen, what I'd like to see addressed first is the center of the pitch, CM. It is the spark of the engine that is going to make us tick smoothly. On his day, Dembele is irreplaceable as he is skillful, a strong presence off the ball & even stronger on it But there is much to be desired of his consistency due to injury. If we could find a fairly youthful, yet experienced, dynamic player to intelligently move us forward via dribbling &/or incisive passing, we would be greatly improved. Milinkovic-Savic's club has missed out on CL play so he'll move but his stock has risen astronomically to about £75M. We may be priced out. Only the big, free spending clubs would be in for him. ManU looks set to buy Fred. Would they spend even more on a midfielder? Maybe if Pogba, Fellaini, &/or Herrera are shipped out. Many punts on Savic going to Real Madrid. If that's the case, maybe there's a shout for us getting Kovacic? If PSG wins out, maybe Rabiot becomes available to us. Would Kovacic or Rabiot be in the £40M - £50M range in this inflated market?. If so, could be doable.

As for a DM, there are some strong yet raw, up & coming players like Diawara of Napoli (Ancelotti may now want to keep him) as Jorginho & Hamsik may leave to Citeh & China respectively.. NDombele is another beast who is at Lyon on loan from Amiens SC. There is also Julien Wiegl of Dortmund. Still very young at 22 but been there for ages. The latter could be had for around £40M yet the other 2 could be for half that. I think Lyon has an option to buy NDombele for as little as £8M.

MP also wants to be versatile in his formations without having to sub players. We have Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, CCV & Dier to play at the back. Dunno if CCV will be loaned out again & Foyth needs to eat a bit more meat so another CB like Matthijs de Ligt would be welcomed. This kid may just be the real deal. Young, strong, fearless, sprays balls accurately around the pitch & also likes to carry the ball forward as he used to be a CM. And he's experienced despite being just a teenager. This would also allow MP to play 3 at the back. Ajax want as much as possible as they're unwilling to part with a gem like him. We're willing to pay maybe £50M - £60M. Others like City may be willing to pay more but Raiola, his agent, would rather his clients go anywhere other than to Pep.

Up front, lots of talk of Martial leaving Mourinho & willing to come to us. Likelihood of that? Dunno. Would Mourinho sell to a rival? He's done it before but would he sell to Poch for him to make Martial significantly better while making Mourinho look an even bigger mug? Again, dunno. Martial offers plenty of versatility as he could play across the front 4, sub for Kane & even play alongside him. Martial - £60M? Or a swap for Toby? I wouldn't want the latter. He'd improve their defense & make them even more miserable to watch inching their way up the field.

Another Option: Bale
It would be epic if he was to come back & our training / physio staff were able keep him in peak performance for even 75% of the season. Plenty of life still left in him as he's quite the physical specimen even at 29.
Bale is a game changer on his on. Having him, Kane, Dele & Eriksen would be fierce. He would divert so much attention from the others thus granting them more space. He hasn't been happy of late in Madrid. Couple that with them wanting to offload him to make room for another Galactico. Figure being floated around is £65M. Give him his full image rights plus a top revised Spurs wage & we're done. The international attention we would get for his return would be immense. And imagine what an opening it would be for the NWHL to have him to be the last of our starting XI to walk out of the tunnel.

Side note: looks like KWP will slide in to Aurier's spot & Llorente will be sold for (insert answer).

As for the rest:

2. Man City - needs to lose all their good players. Very simple.

3. ManU - needs extensive & invasive treatment to rid their system of all Mourinhitis. It's a nauseating & oftentimes lethal condition for those that are unfortunately afflicted. Virus is highly contagious therefore avoid contact at all times. The City of Manchester will be constructing a wall around the RED Sector. courtesy of President Trump & his Mexican labourers.

4. Liverpool - needs a lobotomy & quite possibly much more extracted from their heads.

5. Chelsea - needs John Terry back in the team to fahk them up even more

6. Burnley - heh, heh, heh. ;)

In my haste, I've left a great deal out. Maybe I'll add on as the thread progresses.

Quite a depth you dived into their!!

Looking back at last years needs for us
1.cover for kane
2.CB
3.right side WB or MF

feels a bit like deja vu still,we tried to fill those gaps,cant say aurier wont come good,plus we have KWP and trippier so we have plenty,its a quality issue really there.
CB who knew toby would be out the door and well llorente looked a good fit on paper,however....

I would guess a CM gets more important as time&age/injuries curtail dembele and wanyama,but really is it going to be depth added with very good young players or some experienced proven quality big names?probably a bit of both,but i think the progress Poch has hinted at is maybe more here&now signngs than developmental?pure speculation by me there!!Perhaps sessegnon&martial fit the bill in both of those,like malcom.

Think I will await saturdays final before picking over what the others need,I would say city are probably there now and just poaching one or 2,arsenal are a mess but what can he do with £50m??chelsea the same but with more funds,united,well just sign some more defensive style players,it obviously floats jose`s boat pretty sure he`s a sado masochist.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thought perhaps a way to start thinking about this summers transfer bunfest is to think about what is available by club to purchase any incomings.??Then maybe reality will bite and less fantasy football manager type wishlists,after all not everyone can be Pep !!

City;well limitless,and i mean limitless amounts literally.I dont think there isnt any extravagance they couldnt afford with a nations wealth behind them.I think their upper limits are more governed by public perception of morals than bank balance and FFP.Its more about buying to compete in the CL than PL squad additions,What would I expect them to spend?up to £200m on two or 3 top players,not that they need to,indeed rocking the boat with even more signings is probably one of the few things they could do to disrupt next season.Can they just not spend though??

United;Still searching to be competetive in PL title race and CL,havent been shy since Jose turned up in spending a bob or three,but three years with big investment every season,unless pogba goes for big money,not much coming in even if shaw,blind etc are sold.Maybe one more year they will go for it perhaps a net spend of £100-150m ??

Spurs; Who knows eh,talk of £150m for poch,but i dont believe it myself,IF toby,rose and 3 or 4 other makeweights are sold,perhaps it will bring in £150m,I would say as usual net spend of no more than the £50m we will be laughing at arsenal about later on!! (that would however be spending circa £200m)

Liverpool;CL win dependant to an extent.The owners are not benevolent benefactors like chelsea/city,van dijk £75m surely impacts this summers amount left?new stand to pay for,deal agreed for Keita this summer for +£50m,how much more is left without selling to top up the budget?Sturridge was on loan,how much for him?not much else for selling especially with Can going for free possibly.They had the coutinio money but thats gone on van dijk/keita,its really how deep the owners want to dig this time around to give it a shot?I d say up to £100m

Chelsea;benevolent owner with deep pockets but recently had reigned in net spending,also with £1bn new stadium to fund,as the beegee`s asked Roman "how deep is your love".I dont see a return to the cityesque spending of the last 3 years,but new manager,surely Roman will indulge him with over £100m to spend,maybe throw in a huge fee for an outgoing hazard a tidy sum for morata they could do transfer damage again.Remember Bale though not easy to replace a true superstar with any money.This is a club that spent for the future on Barkley and Drinkwater after all!!

Arsenal;surely the 1st new manager in 22 years would get more than the reported £50m pot of piss to spend on a team in rapid decline the last 2 years.Surely??Really fuck all to sell in the way of raising funds,are they trying to follow the tottenham way with Pochetinno??buy young and improve them,because for £50m unless you`re buying championship or pure speculative potential thats a drinkwater & a Barkley,not even a whole Mahrez.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think there are several ways of looking at this and I've made some assumptions.
1. It's clearly up to everyone else to catch Man City. They won the league by 19 points....19 from United and 23 from us. That's about 7 games better than anyone else. If they didn't buy anyone it would still be hard to catch them. Bear in mind Aguero missed a huge part of the season and Jesus didn't really show up, Mendy was injured and Laporte was in his first season.

2. It's not just about buying players, it's also who you can keep. So Hazard at Chelsea being the best example, what if Barcelona come calling?

3. Are the top European team squads really any better than our own? We showed we can beat Dortmund and Madrid, and really Juventus. Roma were good enough to beat Barcelona, Liverpool are in the final and took 1 point out of 6 off us. City underperformed but were unlucky to get Liverpool. We simply lack big match experience in my view, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern all have better big match experience in controlling matches, or maybe their coaches do? the players or squads I don't think are significantly better. maybe a few years ago , not now.

4. Our top 6 clubs are at the top tiny bit of the triangle, where the pool of world class players to make your team or squad significantly better is tiny. There are loads of examples of this, mostly surrounding Chelsea! Morata is the latest fail but it goes for all clubs, spending £94m on Pogba has still left them 19 points behind City. we're lucky that we have arguably over achieved again, and spent relatively very little in doing so. Buying a blend and great coaching is possibly the better alternative to 'buying success' in a Mourinho style. Pep too k a year to work out the Premier league and the way for his talent to adapt and succeed. Remember DeBruyne and Salah were both at Chelsea for short periods.

So to answer the question, bearing in mind the above:
City - very little, maybe just a couple of players to freshen the squad and push some existing players. They will get players back but probably need a central defender, a Midfielder and a striker.

United - will be negative again, but really also need a spark from somewhere. Central defender, left back, creative midfielder and a striker, all at world class level, not easy and a lot of money. Mourinho doesn't have the time to coach, so his approach is old scholl buy success, by getting the players and he'll do the tactics. Good enough to win the Europa league not the Champions League. Need to keep De Gea and get Sanchez firing. Mercenaries don't always make a team, in fact hardly ever - I see Neymar wants to leave PSG.

Spurs - just missing about 2- 3 world class players with winning big game experience, and this goes for the manager too. We were out thought in the space of 5 minutes by Allegri and Juventus, possibly Mourinho in the semi final too. Chelsea last year. Need an Eriksen support/alternative, since he makes us tick and we need additional creative talent, bit of pace to get behind defences. That's about it. I applaud the targets of Sessegnon, Martial and De Ligt, but would they be the difference in winning things? When does the future need to be the present?

Liverpool - could challenge for the title next season if they sort their defence and goal keeper, plus a quality holding midfielder to replace Milner and add to Henderson. Rock n Roll football works and they will get stronger having learnt from running out of steam in the last 20 minutes this year. Watch out.

Chelsea - getting old, more mercenary and underperforming. Conte has saved them with his energy and tactics this year, but their not currently good enough and need top players almost throughout the spine of the team to improve. They'll probably sack their manager, when he's the first person they should keep. Probably need the owner to come back from Russia with his cheque book, but that is wafted about with far less gusto than the old days as well. They have a stadium to fund and build on Europa league money.

Arsenal - problems everywhere, but an entirely new defence and goalkeeper would be a start. Look disjointed, lack desire, belief and are anything but a team. 36, 14, 12 they are the points totals from the top of the league, Us and Champions league qualification. Their assets are weak - Aubameyang and Ozil, it's not frightening is it. Dick Emery has a job on his hands.

So the pool of players that can make a real difference is very small, they're also very expensive, but every team needs a few of them. you also need a top coach because the differences now between the top 12 teams in Europe is very small. It's all about small margins.

Arsenal are not presently a top European team.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think there are several ways of looking at this and I've made some assumptions.
1. It's clearly up to everyone else to catch Man City. They won the league by 19 points....19 from United and 23 from us. That's about 7 games better than anyone else. If they didn't buy anyone it would still be hard to catch them. Bear in mind Aguero missed a huge part of the season and Jesus didn't really show up, Mendy was injured and Laporte was in his first season.

2. It's not just about buying players, it's also who you can keep. So Hazard at Chelsea being the best example, what if Barcelona come calling?

3. Are the top European team squads really any better than our own? We showed we can beat Dortmund and Madrid, and really Juventus. Roma were good enough to beat Barcelona, Liverpool are in the final and took 1 point out of 6 off us. City underperformed but were unlucky to get Liverpool. We simply lack big match experience in my view, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern all have better big match experience in controlling matches, or maybe their coaches do? the players or squads I don't think are significantly better. maybe a few years ago , not now.

4. Our top 6 clubs are at the top tiny bit of the triangle, where the pool of world class players to make your team or squad significantly better is tiny. There are loads of examples of this, mostly surrounding Chelsea! Morata is the latest fail but it goes for all clubs, spending £94m on Pogba has still left them 19 points behind City. we're lucky that we have arguably over achieved again, and spent relatively very little in doing so. Buying a blend and great coaching is possibly the better alternative to 'buying success' in a Mourinho style. Pep too k a year to work out the Premier league and the way for his talent to adapt and succeed. Remember DeBruyne and Salah were both at Chelsea for short periods.

So to answer the question, bearing in mind the above:
City - very little, maybe just a couple of players to freshen the squad and push some existing players. They will get players back but probably need a central defender, a Midfielder and a striker.

United - will be negative again, but really also need a spark from somewhere. Central defender, left back, creative midfielder and a striker, all at world class level, not easy and a lot of money. Mourinho doesn't have the time to coach, so his approach is old scholl buy success, by getting the players and he'll do the tactics. Good enough to win the Europa league not the Champions League. Need to keep De Gea and get Sanchez firing. Mercenaries don't always make a team, in fact hardly ever - I see Neymar wants to leave PSG.

Spurs - just missing about 2- 3 world class players with winning big game experience, and this goes for the manager too. We were out thought in the space of 5 minutes by Allegri and Juventus, possibly Mourinho in the semi final too. Chelsea last year. Need an Eriksen support/alternative, since he makes us tick and we need additional creative talent, bit of pace to get behind defences. That's about it. I applaud the targets of Sessegnon, Martial and De Ligt, but would they be the difference in winning things? When does the future need to be the present?

Liverpool - could challenge for the title next season if they sort their defence and goal keeper, plus a quality holding midfielder to replace Milner and add to Henderson. Rock n Roll football works and they will get stronger having learnt from running out of steam in the last 20 minutes this year. Watch out.

Chelsea - getting old, more mercenary and underperforming. Conte has saved them with his energy and tactics this year, but their not currently good enough and need top players almost throughout the spine of the team to improve. They'll probably sack their manager, when he's the first person they should keep. Probably need the owner to come back from Russia with his cheque book, but that is wafted about with far less gusto than the old days as well. They have a stadium to fund and build on Europa league money.

Arsenal - problems everywhere, but an entirely new defence and goalkeeper would be a start. Look disjointed, lack desire, belief and are anything but a team. 36, 14, 12 they are the points totals from the top of the league, Us and Champions league qualification. Their assets are weak - Aubameyang and Ozil, it's not frightening is it. Dick Emery has a job on his hands.

So the pool of players that can make a real difference is very small, they're also very expensive, but every team needs a few of them. you also need a top coach because the differences now between the top 12 teams in Europe is very small. It's all about small margins.

Well said mate.Also rather daftly united and arsenal are losing players through age and contracts running out.Doesnt matter if they are not regular starters,a fellaini,mata,carrick or carzola,mertesacker,wilshire still need replacing,especially the depth of experience.Careless in the long term scheme of things,expensive in the short term to get over it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well said mate.Also rather daftly united and arsenal are losing players through age and contracts running out.Doesnt matter if they are not regular starters,a fellaini,mata,carrick or carzola,mertesacker,wilshire still need replacing,especially the depth of experience.Careless in the long term scheme of things,expensive in the short term to get over it.
Mata is not a bad shout as an experienced squad player and back up to Eriksen, at 30 with some Poch coaching, he'd be an asset with experience.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mata is not a bad shout as an experienced squad player and back up to Eriksen, at 30 with some Poch coaching, he'd be an asset with experience.
I liked the "Neymar wanting to leave PSG" rumour better...
All it would take is a player like him, or Bale to say "Yup, let's do this, lets give it a go, lets try and get this club up there and chalenging".

Pay them 200k a week and give them huge bonuses if they win anything... fuck it it's not my money...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Chelsea;Before getting stuck into what they need to do this year,here is probably the 1st job for whoever is manager/director of football.
New contracts; look at who is out of contract this time next summer.To be resigned,resold or let go on a free??courtois,caballero,david luiz,cahill,fabregas,pedro,giroud also hazard and willian contracts expire year after 2020.They have zouma and loftus cheekyboy coming back from loans but doubt they will stay with the 1st team.
Short of cover in the fullback areas and defensive midfield this season as conte has moaned about many times.Also only 2 true strikers in morata and giroud (I cant see batshitty returning to the club) and nothing like the quality of previous players who have dragged them through i.e costa&drogba.

I would guess they will sell morata,batshitty and try and upgrade in that dept,costly and who is out there who fancies europa league ?the days of signing greizman or asensio and the lure of rubles is long gone it seems.They are also short on full backs,they spent £18m on LB emerson from roma last time out (who??? exactly) and have zappacosta and moses as RB cover.That wont get you there in a long run,CB`s they have 5,but if cahill or luiz go that will take some investment even if its potential for the future.(both are now 30s)

So summary
Striker to replace morata/batshuayi
LB
RB
DM

Remember if we think of the pains we have had trying to secure cover for Kane,chelsea spent £93m on morata/Batshuayi !!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Liverpool - new goalkeeper

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Liverpool - new goalkeeper
Harry you naughty boy....

Scooby Doo revenge of Mr Touchy

DeML2UxWkAAWPiA.jpg

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We need this here so we do...

--------------Lloris-----------
Trippier-sanchez-vert-davies
-------dier-----eriksen--------
Alli--------bale----------son
------------kane-------------

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We need this here so we do...

--------------Lloris-----------
Trippier-sanchez-vert-davies
-------dier-----eriksen--------
Alli--------bale----------son
------------kane-------------
Bale he plays on the left.......!!!! Remember???

Fuck that.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
So Liverpool have signed Fabinho from Monaco, looks a really decent player and will likely improve them further, especially with the additions of Keita and maybe Fekir. Although Bakayoko came with a huge reputation and has been very disappointing, so can never guarantee a player is gonna hit the ground running, especially from the French league. Still need a keeper though!

If there’s one thing you have to complement Klopp and the owners on, it’s that they get their transfers done on the quiet and get their business done early. Levy can learn a lot from that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So Liverpool have signed Fabinho from Monaco, looks a really decent player and will likely improve them further, especially with the additions of Keita and maybe Fekir. Although Bakayoko came with a huge reputation and has been very disappointing, so can never guarantee a player is gonna hit the ground running, especially from the French league. Still need a keeper though!

If there’s one thing you have to complement Klopp and the owners on, it’s that they get their transfers done on the quiet and get their business done early. Levy can learn a lot from that.
Glad I waited a few days before going through Liverpool`s priorities,seems clearer now the dust has settled.

LIVERPOOL
Outgoing will be Can on a free,they still have Origi&Sturridge on the books who surely will be off especially sturridge with now just 1 year left to run on his current deal,transfermrkt says Origi is out of contract this june? careless if so,every £10m counts you would think.Also £10m wasted on lazar markovic who too is out of contract this June,why were these players on loan and not sold going into final year of deals?So basically just add what little value of sturridge has left into the kitty.

What do they need?
well in my view it all seems all too familiar,same as 15 years of wenger and pep`s 1st season at city,by which I mean defensive blindness.Pep thought he could win the PL attacking and with what he had,just look at how much they invested in defence (after jon stones if parallels with liverpool today after £75m van dijk are made).Like Imelda Marcos with shoes wenger and klopp are fixated with attacking midfielders,ignoring defensive dirty midfield and defence as a unit when adding to the squad..However obscene pep`s spending was he was right to buy a new keeper,3 fbs and a CB.Which brings us on to Liverpool and signings this summer.

Already signed Keita and now Fabinho,lets say Keita is lumped together with van dijk as part of the courtinio money and lets give Klopp £150m net to spend this summer.Thats generous with american ownership,but lets think they are caught up in the moment because they lost a european cup final and believe they are close.They are not in reality,klopp has never finished higher than 4th and they have finished above little old tottenham once in 9 years,the year they bottled a huge lead with what 3 games to go??Back to the question despite my utter dislike of their fans since we dared draw 2-2 at klanfield,Klopp has £150m,now take £40 for fabinho,reports of Fekhir £60m that leaves £50m in the kitty for what really is required.

At least one keeper,
no brainer,but then again.......
Centre back
their CBs besides van dijk are Lovren,matip and klavan no one but me see a problem there?
Left back
Full backs they have had a result with robertson and arnold coming good,young fullbacks often begin like worldies and then somewhat fade for a period (rose,walker,clyne,bertrand,johnson,shaw, to name a few) cover for these two are milner (yikes),moreno (yikes!!) gomez (young and injured) and Clyne,(the latter 2 both being right sided).So left back needed for certain and maybe experience at RB as part of squad depth.
Defensive midfielder
Has any team got to a european final with a midfield of henderson and milner enforcing the middle??I am not saying they are crap but if like spurs you are looking to improve the 1st eleven and add to the squad this too has to be an area invested in,and the good ones dont come cheap!!I think fabinho is a utility MF/FB jack of all trades signing,not the addressing of this position.

So if they buy Fekhir and only have £50m left,how on earth do you fill those holes??
What will klopp do?well probably sign another attacking midfielder and sing songs about madrid,city or spurs having "all the fucking luck",when really his failure to address defence in 3 years is quite shocking.But hey no one remembers losing 5-0 to city or 4-1 to spurs when you can beat brighton 4-0 at home and the media is so loaded with ex-liverpool jacking off pre game,during the game and post game.
Jose will bore his way to finishing above them again and take all the flack,what a strange world we live in,4th and most likely to challenge city for the title,indeed,go feed your unicorns you melts.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
MANCHESTER UNITED
Whilst finishing runners up in the league and FA cup looks good on paper,there are hidden problems at the club which have dragged on since fergie left.I am not talking tactics/style of football I am talking contracts..Earlier I posted Mata would be out of contract in June,he wont be united exercised a 1 year extension to prevent a free transfer and what is more astonishing is they also had to do 1 year add ons for Blind,young and herrera.The can is kicked down the road now because as well as those 4 players contacts expiring in june 2019 added to fellaini already out of contract now along with luke shaw (not sure if he will have 1 year added ? even though reports say the clause is there),
de gea,jones,smalling,Darmian,Valencia,martial, are also out of time next june (though there could be 1 year extensions included in current deals?).And Carrick has just retired to compound this.

That means that as well as looking for this coming season an eye must be placed on following years too,perhaps why they are likely to offer the £18m to release Porto fullback 19 yr old Dalot even though he has only played a handful of professional matches.Also strong links to midfielder Fred for +£50m and OFC Toby our own CB +£40m.

What do they need?well really depends who is out the door I would expect 3 or 4 of the near contract expiring players like shaw,blind,herrera and perhaps martial to move.

They probably need
LB
RB
Creative midfielder
CB for the future and truly better quality than what they have.

It is an aging squad mixed with young potential that never gains enough experience because they sign players,I would expect that trend to continue with rashford,Mc Tominay,fosu mensa all back in the box to be mostly over looked again.
The culture is big names for big money,dont expect it to change or their style too,and I would say their chances in CL,PL as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Hard to disagree,it would have been so much easier to predict their transfer movement if monsieur magoo had stayed for a last haharruah!!Anyway new manager,new broom but same tight as a ducks arse owner gradually turning a successful club into what all his US sport franchises are which is meh !!

Arsenal
Where with liverpool,chelsea and united I have been dismayed at the situation they have allowed to happen with their squads contracts,with arsenal quite the reverse,a load of dross with long contracts to run,I am not sure which is worse.Mustafi,koscielny,chambers holding,kolasinac,xhaka,elneny,iwobi,bellerin,lacazette all signed from between 2021-2023,the futures bright eh!!At least welbeck and monreal will out of contract in a years time eh!!They have lost carzola and mertesecker to retirement and wilshere out of contract (please re-sign jack!).They had 6 CBs this year,really are any of them any good?the best koscielny couldnt even be arsed to jump with Kane in the NLD.Monreal,kolasinac and bellerin their only FBs with chambers or whoever covering.And 2 goal keepers Karius could replace,Cech is gone now and Ospina never has been good enough.
Xhaka your midfield destroyer??well if you like a yellow or red card on your coupon for a bet,ramsey,iwobi,mick the tariyan,ozil when he feels like it,very light in midfield unless a kid can come through.3 strikers in welbeck,lacazette and aubergine,looks good on paper but welbeck is done and just Heskey-lite,lacazette it didnt happen for him and effectievly replaced by signing auberbangaverage.

So what should they do??or can they do given lightweight spending owners.

Really midfield is a disaster zone,especially when ozil goes missing,he really isnt a high pressure pressing player.They could add better quality from the keeper,full backs CB take your pick,and xhaka protecting them.

There is so much they could replace I dont know where to start really,they werent 6th for reasons of bad luck,slaughtered by injuries,that is what they are.

Keeper,FB,CB,DM,AM,RM all needed,if ozil and auberman dont get on it,there could be trouble ahead.

How wenger&the media think they have the quality if they can sort their away form out is beyond me,and its not the bias talking but I wouldnt have a single one of their starters in our 1st eleven at the moment.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hard to disagree,it would have been so much easier to predict their transfer movement if monsieur magoo had stayed for a last haharruah!!Anyway new manager,new broom but same tight as a ducks arse owner gradually turning a successful club into what all his US sport franchises are which is meh !!

Arsenal
Where with liverpool,chelsea and united I have been dismayed at the situation they have allowed to happen with their squads contracts,with arsenal quite the reverse,a load of dross with long contracts to run,I am not sure which is worse.Mustafi,koscielny,chambers holding,kolasinac,xhaka,elneny,iwobi,bellerin,lacazette all signed from between 2021-2023,the futures bright eh!!At least welbeck and monreal will out of contract in a years time eh!!They have lost carzola and mertesecker to retirement and wilshere out of contract (please re-sign jack!).They had 6 CBs this year,really are any of them any good?the best koscielny couldnt even be arsed to jump with Kane in the NLD.Monreal,kolasinac and bellerin their only FBs with chambers or whoever covering.And 2 goal keepers Karius could replace,Cech is gone now and Ospina never has been good enough.
Xhaka your midfield destroyer??well if you like a yellow or red card on your coupon for a bet,ramsey,iwobi,mick the tariyan,ozil when he feels like it,very light in midfield unless a kid can come through.3 strikers in welbeck,lacazette and aubergine,looks good on paper but welbeck is done and just Heskey-lite,lacazette it didnt happen for him and effectievly replaced by signing auberbangaverage.

So what should they do??or can they do given lightweight spending owners.

Really midfield is a disaster zone,especially when ozil goes missing,he really isnt a high pressure pressing player.They could add better quality from the keeper,full backs CB take your pick,and xhaka protecting them.

There is so much they could replace I dont know where to start really,they werent 6th for reasons of bad luck,slaughtered by injuries,that is what they are.

Keeper,FB,CB,DM,AM,RM all needed,if ozil and auberman dont get on it,there could be trouble ahead.

How wenger&the media think they have the quality if they can sort their away form out is beyond me,and its not the bias talking but I wouldnt have a single one of their starters in our 1st eleven at the moment.
If you factor in Emery being in his first season and thus the lack of experience that Wenger had, that will only add to their woes. I think they will struggle again next season and possibly even worse than this. They could be in the group that is 7th-10th, and get usurped by Everton or Newcastle. Happy days.

I don't know why but the one player from that lot I do like is Ramsay, he seems to score important goals.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Besides a new owner,looks like chelsea need a keeper,negotiations with courtois suspended and will be sold it seems.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Besides a new owner,looks like chelsea need a keeper,negotiations with courtois suspended and will be sold it seems.
I've just realised, although not happily, that the answer to Chelsea's problems are Diego Simeone and Anton Griezemann amongst a couple of others.

The plastics could carry on watching the negative football that they love and unfortunately I think they'd be very successful. Now they just need to sort that Visa issue out and they'd be set, although a bit more in debt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I've just realised, although not happily, that the answer to Chelsea's problems are Diego Simeone and Anton Griezemann amongst a couple of others.

The plastics could carry on watching the negative football that they love and unfortunately I think they'd be very successful. Now they just need to sort that Visa issue out and they'd be set, although a bit more in debt.
I think they should be more worried about the £1bn interst free loan and the £1m a year box he rents (market rate of course!).Its more likely Pardew and benteke for them now.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think they should be more worried about the £1bn interst free loan and the £1m a year box he rents (market rate of course!).Its more likely Pardew and benteke for them now.
He'll get his Visa, it's just posturing, unless there's something we don't know. If he leaves, a wealthy Arab (Qatar don't have a football interest in the UK yet, inspite of owning most of the new builds in London) or someone else, will snap Chelsea up. The thing is the Rusky isn't stupid, he's adding 16,000 seats at the cost of £1bn, minimum. That doesn't make much business sense. The plastics have taken him for granted for too long, it just might come back and bite them in arse one day...we'll see.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Manchester City are closing in on the double signing of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez and Napoli midfielder Jorginho, with both deals possibly to be completed by the end of next week. £110m the pair

DAv1wv9WAAE41AP.png

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Manchester City are closing in on the double signing of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez and Napoli midfielder Jorginho, with both deals possibly to be completed by the end of next week. £110m the pair

DAv1wv9WAAE41AP.png
I'm surprised they're going for Mahrez rather than Bale, I suppose with Sane they don't need Bale, but I'm not sure that Mahrez is a £60m player.