By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What to buy...

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I thought these things were a new fangled bit of kit, but looking on Youtube there are 12 year old videos about them. I'd never heard of them until recently. Here's my favourite Youtube bloke explaining how they work. I ordered the Keyser one like my hero has got, it was only €20. I am not a precious guitarist like one of my mates who thinks capos are for pussies and open tuning is cheating, feck that, I will use whatever tuning makes playing easier.

1 finger chord progressions? Nice, especially for old folks like me whose fingers are getting a bit creaky.
That sounds fucking EPIC, so now I have to go and learn about this open tuning thing!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That sounds fucking EPIC, so now I have to go and learn about this open tuning thing!
I nearly always drop the bottom E to D when I am using 'standard' tuning, I forget when I am playing a 'normal' guitar and add the one step bar (usually my thumb) and it sounds shite! Dropping your lowest string to D makes it really easy to play some lovely sounding D shapes in various positions up and down the fretboard, keeping a nice bass note and not sounding like a twat when you accidentally pluck the fucker. Open G is great fun for bluesy, slidey stuff and you can play barre chords with one finger! You can make some really nice melodic, clever sounding twanging stuff with one D. My guitars are tuned like that - Th strat has the dropped D, the Washburn is open D and the acoustic is open G - so I NEED the PRS Piezo for standard tuning, Mrs D does not understand that.

I'm looking forward to getting the partial capo, I will sound just like Darell Braun then - not!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
@skiathospurs what mic set up do you use. Wondering whether to practice with mic again but am a little lost with the tech side of things.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I've just ordered a bone nut and bridge
Iiinteresting. Where did you get it and is it something I could install myself?

As to one-finger chord progressions, lazy is efficient. Just like cheap is green. And yeah, can't be fucked to retune all the time.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Iiinteresting. Where did you get it and is it something I could install myself?

As to one-finger chord progressions, lazy is efficient. Just like cheap is green. And yeah, can't be fucked to retune all the time.
Amazon mate, like everything! Yeah, easy peasy to install - well the ones I have done before were, you just have to measure your bridge and nut to make sure you get the right one, then be gentle, remove the old ones carefully so if it all goes Pete Tong you can pop them back in, take your time, filing off a fraction, testing, filing off another fraction, testing..... There's loads of Youtube tutorials showing how to do it. You might need a set of saddle/nut files (also about 10 whatever your currency is form Amazon). If you want to get even more gear you can get a string action gauge tool to scientifically measure your guitar's action - I can't be buggered with that, if it feels right and sounds right then it's right. Or, if you have a really expensive guitar take it down to the shop and get an expert to do it, if they charge you more than 10 euro-pound-dollars for the work then they are crooks!

Everybody and his mate seems to have these tuning doodahs sitting on the headstocks these days, I have discovered a new much cheaper invention - ears. If you can't hear when you geetar's out of tune then put it down, never pick it up again and take up bagpipe playing, they sound like shit even when they're in tune and nobody could possibly know if they were not.

One finger stuff is OK in open tuning but what I like is how easy it is to play 'tricky' stuff like sus 2 and 4, sometimes it needs 2 fingers, sometimes the whole bunch of bananas but when you mess up the open tuning hides a lot and you can just stroke the harmonic on the 12th if you get lost and it sounds like you are a proper guitarist!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@skiathospurs what mic set up do you use. Wondering whether to practice with mic again but am a little lost with the tech side of things.
vocal mic? the same Shure SM58 i have used for gigs 25 years,and i mean the same mic,not the same model!!
I only ever mic up guitars for recording,never,ever live.And studio mics for vocals generally they have a plethera of mics I could only dream of affording,but at home a couple of Rode models unknown,havent looked at them for a few years.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The Keyser Cut Capo doodah is flipping' brilliant. 20 euro-dollar-pounds is a bargain. If you have got a guitar then get one, if you haven't got a guitar then buy a guitar then get a Keyser doohickey.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The new bathroom is in and I have to admit, it looks nice. €7k nice? Hmmm. The best bit is the mirror, it's got a built in light, anti-fogging and three USB ports! WTF that's all about I dunno, but I suppose I can charge my mobile while I am taking a dump. I dropped some hints about the PRS Piezo SE arriving in Spain this week and played the Youtube videos of great guitarists playing the beauty, she said they sounded nice. I also mentioned how nice her new bathroom was and worth the money - no reaction yet. I even went to Lidls with her this morning to help with the shopping, I cleaned the pool yesterday so the Brownie points must be adding up!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The new bathroom is in and I have to admit, it looks nice. €7k nice? Hmmm. The best bit is the mirror, it's got a built in light, anti-fogging and three USB ports! WTF that's all about I dunno, but I suppose I can charge my mobile while I am taking a dump. I dropped some hints about the PRS Piezo SE arriving in Spain this week and played the Youtube videos of great guitarists playing the beauty, she said they sounded nice. I also mentioned how nice her new bathroom was and worth the money - no reaction yet. I even went to Lidls with her this morning to help with the shopping, I cleaned the pool yesterday so the Brownie points must be adding up!
I just had to get similar mirrors for the villa here,time,temp,demist,led lights,just another fucking thing they can phone and say ".........isnt working",come the zombie armageddon these soft fuckers will the first to get chomped!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I just had to get similar mirrors for the villa here,time,temp,demist,led lights,just another fucking thing they can phone and say ".........isnt working",come the zombie armageddon these soft fuckers will the first to get chomped!!
I can't wait mate, I've read the books by Max Brooks (they're funking mustard BTW) and I am ready for some Zombie bashing fun... if a few millennials get mistaken for Z's it won't matter too much...!!!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Amazon mate, like everything!
I figured as much. But there are only so many bald-headed cunts I'll bend over for. I'll ask at the shop down the road.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sounds like the type of tinkering I like to do when the future care-givers-and-bum-wipers are watching the latest Disney abomination.

And yes, I'm always up for buying more gear, but I'll be fucked if I try to monkey with the action. My axe is nothing expensive, but all the more reason for me to pay some experienced stoners to do it for me.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Soooooo I need to extend the WiFi in my enormous gaff...

My signal is a bit ropey in the west and east wings so I want more WiFi floating through the air for me to hear my music and watch my films and power my intelligent autonomous lazy arsed life.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Soooooo I need to extend the WiFi in my enormous gaff...

My signal is a bit ropey in the west and east wings so I want more WiFi floating through the air for me to hear my music and watch my films and power my intelligent autonomous lazy arsed life.
Wifi and 5G give you Covid, I heard a bloke on the Internet say that so it must be true.

Looked into some Mesh network stuff last year for the cold areas of La Casa, I decided that to future proof the gaff I need the Orbi Wifi 6 doohickey, then I looked at the price and said fuck off, switched all my movable stuff to 2.4ghz from 5, changed the 5ghz channel to 36 on the router so the Firesticks would work on 5ghz and it all worked sort of OK. I also looked at the Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000 range extender, a huge bit of kit! I like huge tech, if it's huge then it has to be good eh? If your boss likes neat.modern and not huge tech like all our bosses do, then the Google Nest system is supposed to be all right, but it's not huge!

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
20200718_100438.jpg

Think I should clear my cookies...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Wifi and 5G give you Covid, I heard a bloke on the Internet say that so it must be true.

Looked into some Mesh network stuff last year for the cold areas of La Casa, I decided that to future proof the gaff I need the Orbi Wifi 6 doohickey, then I looked at the price and said fuck off, switched all my movable stuff to 2.4ghz from 5, changed the 5ghz channel to 36 on the router so the Firesticks would work on 5ghz and it all worked sort of OK. I also looked at the Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000 range extender, a huge bit of kit! I like huge tech, if it's huge then it has to be good eh? If your boss likes neat.modern and not huge tech like all our bosses do, then the Google Nest system is supposed to be all right, but it's not huge!
Mate, you literally read all that straight out of my noggin...

I'm tempted by the nighthawk gear and these little black mesh doodahs that look cool as fuck.... because they're black...

They're about a 3rd of the wedge as those Orbi fings and...... cool because they're black.

I did see those ginormous upside-down spider crab looking routers but again the guvnor will shit a brick if she has to see that at anypoint in her entire life.

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
This is my test lab/home network cab,
Also running a cisco AP upstairs and PTZ camera out front.

Devices separated into vlans, ie TV's/Phones/Laptops,tablets/Printers/Guest connections
All behind Sourcefire firewall....with redundancy ofcourse.
Juniper and Cisco routers / Cisco and HP switch's
Picked up some Black cable management bars to fit today......as Yid said, Black is Cool.
Just need a UPS, EMP cage, PDU's and a diesel genny and I'm set for the apocalypse.

Good luck all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Yid
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
View attachment 1270
This is my test lab/home network cab,
Also running a cisco AP upstairs and PTZ camera out front.

Devices separated into vlans, ie TV's/Phones/Laptops,tablets/Printers/Guest connections
All behind Sourcefire firewall....with redundancy ofcourse.
Juniper and Cisco routers / Cisco and HP switch's
Picked up some Black cable management bars to fit today......as Yid said, Black is Cool.
Just need a UPS, EMP cage, PDU's and a diesel genny and I'm set for the apocalypse.

Good luck all.
Oooooh lots of big tech!

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Got my eye on a service switch that's end of life soon...that's going to be difficult to hide in the corner.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@Dorset dont S`posse at casa el bastardos you have outside LED lights in the garden?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
@Dorset dont S`posse at casa el bastardos you have outside LED lights in the garden?
Nah mate, we have 18 fucking outside lights all good old fashioned normal leccy ones, I counted them when I was trying to work out which one of the fuckers was flooded and shorting out all the outside electrickery. I lied we have 20 because we have 2 in the pool, which I think might be LEDs, I am too cowardly custard to swim in the illuminated pool at night in case I get sizzled, but if they are 12v LEDs then I guess that would be unlikely.

I've just bought some LED bulbs for the inside, we've got those recessed GU5 12v hobbies, they say that the 5w LED is equivalent to a 50w halogen - I will test that tonight.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nah mate, we have 18 fucking outside lights all good old fashioned normal leccy ones, I counted them when I was trying to work out which one of the fuckers was flooded and shorting out all the outside electrickery. I lied we have 20 because we have 2 in the pool, which I think might be LEDs, I am too cowardly custard to swim in the illuminated pool at night in case I get sizzled, but if they are 12v LEDs then I guess that would be unlikely.

I've just bought some LED bulbs for the inside, we've got those recessed GU5 12v hobbies, they say that the 5w LED is equivalent to a 50w halogen - I will test that tonight.
Cheers,i need to get outside led spots to shove up some trees!!make it pertty for the owners.Yeah your pool should run through transformers to make the lights 12v.

Many years back my immersion heater went live,turned the hot water on put the back of my hand under to check how hot it was,and bang!!same feeling as when my fingers slipped under the AC30 and it threw me across the room.Guy came and put a new element in,i asked is it safe now,"yes but dont shower with it turned on",well that was fucking comforting!!week later it packed up and i got a new one.Fucking scary having live water eh !!It was few years before I dared to shower with it still heating up,i had kind of forgotten about it until now!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bollocks! I replaced the old 12v halogen with a new LED bub, the fucker did not work, so I swapped some bulbs around and have discovered that it ain't not the bulb, I reckon it's the transformer. If I can get to the fucker I can change it, Mrs D is not keen and wants an electrician to do it. It's 4 fecking wires! 2 power lines and two out to the light fitting, I am not paying €50 minimum plus €30 for premium parts for that. I can buy a transformer for less than €10 and I will probably not electrocute myself. I didn't a few weeks back when I removed a couple of the outside lights to clean inside and connected them back up with the power still on! The only problem might be getting to the bastard, if the transformers for the lights were fitted before the upstairs floor then I am screwed, I am not ripping up the floors and I am not replacing the ceiling, so if I can't get at it from below then it is staying dead.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Towles in Spain are shite and really expensive. Sheets in Spain are shite and really expensive. Luckily Debenhams and Chritsy deliver to Spain - until the dark day on January 1st next year when the Little Englanders slam the fucking door shut and lock themselves in with their hatred and racism, to fester and rot, forever blaming every other cunt except themselves for the pathetic bigoted failures they have made of their lives.... oooh, did I get a bit political there? It's ironic because I hate them so fucking much I am just like them, we should get on, but... nah, fuck that I wouldn't piss on them if the were burning.

Anyway, what was I saying before those cunts made me go all umpty? Oh yeah, we just had some Christy Luxe Turkish Cotton 730gsm towels delivered, they are fucking lush. They've got 20% off at the moment and another 15% off if you register for the newsletter. We got 3 humungous bath towels, 3 normal bath towels for midget sized people, 3 hand towels and 3 arse towels (bidet) for £118 , free delivery to Spain - about the cost of 2 decent towels in Spanielland,- sorted! They are so fucking nice, you know when you go to a hotel and they have those heavy, soft fuckers that you nick? They are just like them!

We bought some really nice sheets from Debenhams, no wonder they are going bust , they sent the fuckers in two separate (free) deliveries - on the same fucking day, but different delivery companies because they came from different warehouses in the UK.

When that cunting, bastard, ridiculous pile of shit Brexit bites we'll have to make visitors bring our UK purchases, half the family have been barred forever because they are fucking Brexit nazis and I won't have them in La Casa, they have also been fucked right out of my will so when they bang on about how Brexit will be great and won't affect them financially I will be pissing myself laughing when I die and all my wedge goes to a Spanish Children's hospice.

That feels better, towels always make me feel like having a right old rant and a couple of glasses of vino tinto help. Hasta Luego!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Towles in Spain are shite and really expensive. Sheets in Spain are shite and really expensive. Luckily Debenhams and Chritsy deliver to Spain - until the dark day on January 1st next year when the Little Englanders slam the fucking door shut and lock themselves in with their hatred and racism, to fester and rot, forever blaming every other cunt except themselves for the pathetic bigoted failures they have made of their lives.... oooh, did I get a bit political there? It's ironic because I hate them so fucking much I am just like them, we should get on, but... nah, fuck that I wouldn't piss on them if the were burning.

Anyway, what was I saying before those cunts made me go all umpty? Oh yeah, we just had some Christy Luxe Turkish Cotton 730gsm towels delivered, they are fucking lush. They've got 20% off at the moment and another 15% off if you register for the newsletter. We got 3 humungous bath towels, 3 normal bath towels for midget sized people, 3 hand towels and 3 arse towels (bidet) for £118 , free delivery to Spain - about the cost of 2 decent towels in Spanielland,- sorted! They are so fucking nice, you know when you go to a hotel and they have those heavy, soft fuckers that you nick? They are just like them!

We bought some really nice sheets from Debenhams, no wonder they are going bust , they sent the fuckers in two separate (free) deliveries - on the same fucking day, but different delivery companies because they came from different warehouses in the UK.

When that cunting, bastard, ridiculous pile of shit Brexit bites we'll have to make visitors bring our UK purchases, half the family have been barred forever because they are fucking Brexit nazis and I won't have them in La Casa, they have also been fucked right out of my will so when they bang on about how Brexit will be great and won't affect them financially I will be pissing myself laughing when I die and all my wedge goes to a Spanish Children's hospice.

That feels better, towels always make me feel like having a right old rant and a couple of glasses of vino tinto help. Hasta Luego!
Best way if suppliers want you to bend over is use parcels to go.com,but you need someone to fill a box and do the sending!!I cant my head around how you price a sized box of whatever kilos and parcelforce want £115,you go on a parcel comparison site and using parcelforce it costs about £40. Mad rip off world innit

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Best way if suppliers want you to bend over is use parcels to go.com,but you need someone to fill a box and do the sending!!I cant my head around how you price a sized box of whatever kilos and parcelforce want £115,you go on a parcel comparison site and using parcelforce it costs about £40. Mad rip off world innit
Noooooo! I want proper free delivery like what Debenhams and Christy do, there was another company but fucked if I can remember who they were. Don't know how they can afford to send stuff here for feck all but some of them do. There are the British Shops online here, they are taking the piss hugely. Hundreds of euroquids for shit stuff like Tomato ketchup and baked beans, Lidls do baked beans for feck's sake and proper Heinz ones.

The British Corner Shop sells expensive crap to people who live in Benidorm and don't like that foreign stuff - look at this fucker:
BCS.jpg

10 Britsh quids for some fucking gravy and stuffing! That's about .... hmmmm, 10 Euros at the moment, and that's another thing Brexit cunts, when is the Pound-Euro bounce back going to happen that all you stupid cunts said would happen in a month or two? Stupid cunts. Whoops I went all political again innit? It's fukcing gravy, always sets me off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Noooooo! I want proper free delivery like what Debenhams and Christy do, there was another company but fucked if I can remember who they were. Don't know how they can afford to send stuff here for feck all but some of them do. There are the British Shops online here, they are taking the piss hugely. Hundreds of euroquids for shit stuff like Tomato ketchup and baked beans, Lidls do baked beans for feck's sake and proper Heinz ones.

The British Corner Shop sells expensive crap to people who live in Benidorm and don't like that foreign stuff - look at this fucker:
View attachment 1275

10 Britsh quids for some fucking gravy and stuffing! That's about .... hmmmm, 10 Euros at the moment, and that's another thing Brexit cunts, when is the Pound-Euro bounce back going to happen that all you stupid cunts said would happen in a month or two? Stupid cunts. Whoops I went all political again innit? It's fukcing gravy, always sets me off.
yeah postage tax or as Levy would call it extra sales revenue.But talk about a bargain,I bought a 10kg sack of koi pellets for my pets,cant remember if it was amazon or ebay?it came up postage to greece £3,fuck it I`ll pay that,I wanted to ask them if they could deliver all of my stuff here.

And yeah even here its the same,"bend over for Branston" tax in shops,anything engerlish is silly money,I refuse to bend over and buy crap like bisto,fucking bread sauce,paxo,I make my own stuff,dont eat all those lovely E numbers,now if they were yer actual doves,or apples or mitsubishi E numbers I may well dabble,even at my age after all Keef&ozzy will tell you about the benefits of a long life from naughty things!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
yeah postage tax or as Levy would call it extra sales revenue.But talk about a bargain,I bought a 10kg sack of koi pellets for my pets,cant remember if it was amazon or ebay?it came up postage to greece £3,fuck it I`ll pay that,I wanted to ask them if they could deliver all of my stuff here.

And yeah even here its the same,"bend over for Branston" tax in shops,anything engerlish is silly money,I refuse to bend over and buy crap like bisto,fucking bread sauce,paxo,I make my own stuff,dont eat all those lovely E numbers,now if they were yer actual doves,or apples or mitsubishi E numbers I may well dabble,even at my age after all Keef&ozzy will tell you about the benefits of a long life from naughty things!
I can't remember the last time I had gravy - it might've yesterday with my memory, We don't buy Ingerlish stuff normally, sheets and towels being the exception, but food no-way Pedro. Their are a lot of expats half an hour down the road in Benny who refuse to eat that foreign stuff, go to British pubs and don't speak a single word of Spanish, some of the Germasn in our village are like that I was talking to the gas delivery man the other day and he was telling me that there are people who have lived here for 30 years and don't habla no Espangol! They are loaded most of them and pay a gestor to do all the hablaring for them, I like trying to talk in Spaniel, and I'm not going to pay someone 20 fecking euros to order gas bottles!

Last edited:
Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
I want a fly zapper..spect you budgy smuggling expats got them...gone for this one cause the review made me chuckle..

I kinda wanted to give this 4 stars but it wouldn’t be fair as my one single problem with it is it kills flies too loudly! It’s a flies equivalent to the electric chair! Come on, we’ve all seen the green mile, unless it goes in with a wet sponge on its head, it’s gonna go with a bang! And that, it does!! It makes my jump and I’ve been to Iraq and Afghanistan!!!