By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest, I think if we're going to stay at/improve on the level we're at right now I think we need to keep him.
would love him to stay,but letting him into his last year shouldnt be allowed to happen.and i am sure the club wont let that happen regardless.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
would love him to stay,but letting him into his last year shouldnt be allowed to happen.and i am sure the club wont let that happen regardless.
I know all that, but we still need to keep him.

I get all the "beat the first player on corners" jokes but the more I think about it, he's probably our most important player. Just reading the excellent post by @Yid about signaling the club's intent, and to me getting this kind of business sorted would go a long way. There are plenty of players in the squad we could get shot of for good value and maybe even improve at the position through bringing in others. He's not one we can afford to lose IMO.

That said, if he's going it needs to happen now.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd also love him to commit to us the way weve committed to him...

That's the bit that sticks for me, just come out and be honest about your intentions or just go. Dont fuck us all around.

I think he is great but he is not the greatest.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Eriksen is the conductor generally of the team. If he goes then we’ll need a new one. He also scores important goals. He’s not the greatest, Messi or Ronaldo is, but never under value his contribution.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Absolutely want to keep him (imaging him linking up with TND to cut through any motherfuckers foolish enough to press us in our own end),but if he goes, we're more set than we've ever been to crack on without him.. Think a 4-3-3 with Winks and Dom shielding the defence, Alli lurking behind the striker(s),and our new fullbacks bombing on up.

Want him to stay. Not bothered if he goes for 100MM or thereabouts.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Eriksen's performance on Saturday makes it clear we really can't afford to lose him. We only have two options really. Offer him an offer above what we've already offered--just to make it clear how much he's wanted, or get him to agree to a one-year extension so we have this whole season for him and us to either agree on a long term contract or get him a suitable move at a suitable fee. Real know we are stuck and anything they offer will be WAY below market. But any offer and he'll want to be off, Sure we could just refuse to sell, but he'd have a pre-contract signed on January 1. We are in a tough spot.