By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest, I think if we're going to stay at/improve on the level we're at right now I think we need to keep him.
would love him to stay,but letting him into his last year shouldnt be allowed to happen.and i am sure the club wont let that happen regardless.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
would love him to stay,but letting him into his last year shouldnt be allowed to happen.and i am sure the club wont let that happen regardless.
I know all that, but we still need to keep him.

I get all the "beat the first player on corners" jokes but the more I think about it, he's probably our most important player. Just reading the excellent post by @Yid about signaling the club's intent, and to me getting this kind of business sorted would go a long way. There are plenty of players in the squad we could get shot of for good value and maybe even improve at the position through bringing in others. He's not one we can afford to lose IMO.

That said, if he's going it needs to happen now.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd also love him to commit to us the way weve committed to him...

That's the bit that sticks for me, just come out and be honest about your intentions or just go. Dont fuck us all around.

I think he is great but he is not the greatest.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Eriksen is the conductor generally of the team. If he goes then we’ll need a new one. He also scores important goals. He’s not the greatest, Messi or Ronaldo is, but never under value his contribution.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Absolutely want to keep him (imaging him linking up with TND to cut through any motherfuckers foolish enough to press us in our own end),but if he goes, we're more set than we've ever been to crack on without him.. Think a 4-3-3 with Winks and Dom shielding the defence, Alli lurking behind the striker(s),and our new fullbacks bombing on up.

Want him to stay. Not bothered if he goes for 100MM or thereabouts.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Eriksen's performance on Saturday makes it clear we really can't afford to lose him. We only have two options really. Offer him an offer above what we've already offered--just to make it clear how much he's wanted, or get him to agree to a one-year extension so we have this whole season for him and us to either agree on a long term contract or get him a suitable move at a suitable fee. Real know we are stuck and anything they offer will be WAY below market. But any offer and he'll want to be off, Sure we could just refuse to sell, but he'd have a pre-contract signed on January 1. We are in a tough spot.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Seriously, just get fucked.

Fuck off now, you petulant cunt.

You'll not hold my club to ransom you fucker. Fuck you.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Seriously, just get fucked.
Fuck off now, you petulant cunt.
You'll not hold my club to ransom you fucker. Fuck you.
Has he though mate? I mean I have no idea what the situation is, whether he’s kicking up a fuss behind the scenes or not, I haven’t read anything to suggest he’s done anything wrong. The guy wants a fresh challenge and I have no problems with that. He’s been on the bench for the Villa and Toon games and started against City, so to me, that says he’s acting professionally. I don’t see him going anywhere this transfer window, so no need to protect our commodity, so use him, he’s by far and away our most creative player and we need him. I just hope that in fact it’s not Poch holding a grudge but who knows what the fuck is going on behind closed doors.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I think it's just what Poch has always done: if you want to move on, we won't make you stay, but we have to learn to live without you. He did it to Bentaleb, he did it to Walker. No hard feelings, but if we need someone else at the 10, we need to start on that shit now. I can't imagine a more professional exit--if that's how it ends--than the way both Christian and Poch have played it.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Um, Real and Barca don't want you. They probably won't want you on a free next summer, either. I highly doubt they're scared off by his massive price. He will most likely end up at Juve, who love a bargain regardless of need. Hope he enjoys sunny Turin.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah, but would he sign for them? Paris sure ain't Spain.
It will be the test of whether it’s really about a new challenge if so. To me, it seems unlikely that he’ll go there, or anywhere else, since nobody in Spain seems interested.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If that's true that is our wage structure blown apart... and I expect new long term deals for Dele, Kane, Winks, etc etc.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I think that is a fair offer. Probably what he is worth. The only folks that should really raise eyebrows for is Son and maybe Hugo? Dele does not deserve what Eriksen makes, nor does Moura, Lamela, Winks, Toby and Jan are older and a different case all together. I would offer them a high wage, 2 year deal and see if they bite. But again, it ain't my money so spend, spend, spend!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
yeah someone posted this shit days ago,98% of people went you`re talking shit,but that 2% start believing and regurgatating it,thats how it becomes a fact in some of the idiots minds.

Now this from Jan

Yeah I saw it then and didn't think it was worth even talking about in here. Seems a disproportionate amount of Twitter noise about it was coming (not surprisingly) from West Ham dickheads. Since its been out for a while, its interesting that they'd both comment on it now--I guess it's one less thing they have to answer questions about after last night.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Cant view it binned Twatter....

Care to enlighten me or shall I speculate....?

Some dog arse, shit rag, internet news source claims there is some existing pre-contract agreement between Streaky and Real Madrid....

Oooorrrrr Streaky and Poch ain't in speaking terms and he is training with the youth team.....

Oooooorrrr.... Poch banged Streakys Mrs and fed his dog chocolate buttons.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Cant view it binned Twatter....

Care to enlighten me or shall I speculate....?

Some dog arse, shit rag, internet news source claims there is some existing pre-contract agreement between Streaky and Real Madrid....

Oooorrrrr Streaky and Poch ain't in speaking terms and he is training with the youth team.....

Oooooorrrr.... Poch banged Streakys Mrs and fed his dog chocolate buttons.
someone on facebook apparently,cos jan had a black eye month ago,alledged Kane decked him cos jan put it on eriksens bird.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
someone on facebook apparently,cos jan had a black eye month ago,alledged Kane decked him cos jan put it on eriksens bird.
Lol mate I couldn't even dream that shit up..... brilliant. Thanks

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lol mate I couldn't even dream that shit up..... brilliant. Thanks
I could,but it involves campbell rimming guendozi and lacazette being jealous and running tearful for half a mile on lego and thats why he`s out injured.
True story......

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
1572111378664.jpeg

seems all is well