By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Erik Lamela

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Regardless of whether he stays or goes, hopefully he can make a recovery as your time at the top level is so short to have to spend almost a whole season not playing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Something fishy going on here. If his hip is keeping him out this long it must be something which will now be continuous through out his career.
Walker had a similar mystery ailment few years back,and eventually had an op so its not unheard of.I reckon they thought rest would cure it and now having an op is a no lose situation,so little of the season left it doesnt matter now,probably they were hoping it would heal and it hasnt.Mentally he`s had a hard year,with his dog,brother,injury and the team doing so well in his absence,glad he posted his intention to come back stronger for us.There are some players I havent or dont like,I still wont slag them in public whilst they are part of the club,(lamela isnt one of them btw).Look at the shit Rose&Bale copped from some of our educated fans,most of them I dare to say never paying a penny to thfc or ever attending a game,just having a modem and an opinion is enough for these morons to shit kick.Problem is if we sell lamela these cunts will just move on to eriksen.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I wish him nothing but a speedy and full recovery.
My lad had a photo taken with him a couple of years ago when we were over for a game, he came across as a really sound lad with no airs or graces about him. Now, I know some might think that's a pretty ridiculous conclusion to come to having been in his company for a minute or so but he seemed like a really genuine lad.
If you take into consideration the chequered start to his career with us, the fact he came to us from another country at such a young age and how he stuck at it and performed the way he did last year then I think there is an inner strength to him. At least I hope there is. I hope he sticks at it, I hope the club stand by him. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing him in our shirt again and sticking it up the pricks who wrote him off so soon after he signed for us.

upload_2017-3-30_20-59-41.jpg

That's Conor with him before the Stoke game a few years ago

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I wish him nothing but a speedy and full recovery.
My lad had a photo taken with him a couple of years ago when we were over for a game, he came across as a really sound lad with no airs or graces about him. Now, I know some might think that's a pretty ridiculous conclusion to come to having been in his company for a minute or so but he seemed like a really genuine lad.
If you take into consideration the chequered start to his career with us, the fact he came to us from another country at such a young age and how he stuck at it and performed the way he did last year then I think there is an inner strength to him. At least I hope there is. I hope he sticks at it, I hope the club stand by him. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing him in our shirt again and sticking it up the pricks who wrote him off so soon after he signed for us.

I agree with what you say @conor1
This kid perservered under very difficult circumstances.
Big transfer
Big expectations (next Bale even)
New country
New language
New league
In his early twenties.
Arrived injured yet tried to play through it given that he felt he had to prove himself & give what he had to the club. Honourable.
I'd like to see how these naysayers would fair in their chosen professions under the above conditions.

But it's not just the ones that wrote him off as soon as he arrived.
I find it's the ones that feel that way now even more disappointing. These amoeba minds can't see the value he brings to the club.
I get that some may not rate a player & first impressions can play a role, but if you have a footballing mind, you can see a players worth.

Must have been quite a thrill for Conor. I bet he rates him.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
I have liked Lamela since the begging. BUT I think he's homesick. Yeah I don't know him personally and I don't know what's going on in the background but as mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised if he does miss home a lot. Personally I hope he makes a recovery and has a banging season next year but for some reason can't see him here past the summer window.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There's a lot of old bollocks floating around the web about how Spurs have mismanaged his treatment and they should have know he needed surgery back in October. Yeah right, someone gets an injury and you stick them straight on the table! Useless cunts, why aren't they psychic? Fucking pointless having medical staff who are not able to see into the future. He has had some really bad luck, it looked like he was finally winning over some of the cunts who enjoyed slagging him off, injuries happen, some heal quickly, some are cunts.

Then there has been the other load of old bollocks about how he hated being with us and wanted to 'go home' to Serie A, I thought his 'home' was Argentina? Anyway all his tweets have stated how he wants to stay with Spurs and how he is looking forward to coming back next season after his surgery, so that's just bollocks.

Then there is the stupid speculation about him going Radio rental. Bollocks again. Because he looks miserable, depressed and a bit poorly the numpties go off on one about how he has gone bonkers. Of course he looks fed up! Who the fuck wouldn't look feed up with all the injury problems he has had? He has always looked like he needs a good dinner and he has always had that pale zombie-like appearance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I agree with what you say @conor1
This kid perservered under very difficult circumstances.
Big transfer
Big expectations (next Bale even)
New country
New language
New league
In his early twenties.
Arrived injured yet tried to play through it given that he felt he had to prove himself & give what he had to the club. Honourable.
I'd like to see how these naysayers would fair in their chosen professions under the above conditions.

But it's not just the ones that wrote him off as soon as he arrived.
I find it's the ones that feel that way now even more disappointing. These amoeba minds can't see the value he brings to the club.
I get that some may not rate a player & first impressions can play a role, but if you have a footballing mind, you can see a players worth.

Must have been quite a thrill for Conor. I bet he rates him.
People are kicking Janssen for the same thing even now after 7 months,and Sissoko tho I kind of am at ease with that hypocritically.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Poch has said he is going nowhere and said he will play for spurs again! Thats good enough for me to know all is well in the world

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Our own fans often make me shake my head, but it takes all sorts to make the world go round. I hope the operation goes well for him and look forward to seeing him back in our shirt for the next campaign.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Erik Lamela returned to his home city of Buenos Aires this week
Lamela-2.jpg

And

Tottenham star Erik Lamela has moved to reassure fans after undergoing successful surgery on his hip injury in Spain.
The Argentina international has not played since November, but is now on the road to recovery after going under the knife on Saturday.
Posting a picture to Instagram on Sunday morning, he wrote: 'The surgery went well, thanks to all for your positive messages.'
3EDCE27C00000578-4372726-Erik_Lamela_smiles_and_gives_a_thumbs_up_from_his_hospital_bed_a-a-14_1491128823692.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Erik Lamela returned to his home city of Buenos Aires this week
Lamela-2.jpg

And

Tottenham star Erik Lamela has moved to reassure fans after undergoing successful surgery on his hip injury in Spain.
The Argentina international has not played since November, but is now on the road to recovery after going under the knife on Saturday.
Posting a picture to Instagram on Sunday morning, he wrote: 'The surgery went well, thanks to all for your positive messages.'
3EDCE27C00000578-4372726-Erik_Lamela_smiles_and_gives_a_thumbs_up_from_his_hospital_bed_a-a-14_1491128823692.jpg
Massively supportive from Poch and the club

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He flew back to Argentina and then had the operation in Barcelona.....I also notice that Lallana and Henderson have gone to Miami for treatment. What's happened to medical treatment in the U.K.?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
He flew back to Argentina and then had the operation in Barcelona.....I also notice that Lallana and Henderson have gone to Miami for treatment. What's happened to medical treatment in the U.K.?

NHS just ain't what it used to be *runs off*

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
INJURY UPDATE: @ErikLamela has undergone a planned procedure to his right hip.Erik recently had an operation on his left hip and the latest surgery will not affect the overall recovery period.Erik will continue to be monitored by our medical team ahead of returning to action next season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lamela announces he is with child,or his girlfriend is !!
congrats and hurry back now you had 5 months off shagging!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lamela-and-rose-set-to-miss-start-of-next-season-8wlpszgbg
Lamela and Rose set to miss start of next season
new
Gary Jacob
June 19 2017, 5:00pm, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd54f54d2-54e4-11e7-869c-518339a19c7c.jpg

Lamela has not featured for Tottenham since last OctoberSteve Paston/PA Wire
Érik Lamela is not expected to be in contention to play until October, meaning that he will have been sidelined by a hip injury for a year.

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder had separate operations on his hip in Barcelona in the past three months and has started his rehabilitation work in the swimming pool in his native Argentina.

Lamela only made 14 appearances last season, the most recent of which came in the 2-1 defeat by Liverpool in the EFL Cup fourth round on October 25.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I haven't looked but I expect some their may be some numptyism about how he is fit enough to do the beastly unpleasantness but not fit enough to play and he's a cunt anyway, they have been saying it for years and Levy pissed away a squllion pounds on him ......

I hope he continues to recover and I am looking forward to seeing him back.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

I can see the headlines now.
"Lamela's girlfriend & her voracious appetite for sex has consequently put his spine out of place.
He will be sidelined for a further 9 months."

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
Just seen a pic on F/b of Lamella returning to training.........well training ground.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'd love Erik to come back and be a great success, but I like Son as well, they may all have to learn to rotate, Poch will fix it, but if he does come back to the new higher standard, it will feel like we've got a gifted new player for nothing. Remember the through ball for the Eriksen winner at City away....
I was third row at the same end Eriksen scored that goal and remember it well. Lamela being side lined force long spell has allowed Son to get the minutes needed to flourish but Erik coming back will be big for us as he's a great rotation option and was an important player in our 3rd place finish only a year ago. Gives Poch a very positive first 11 problem. Hopefully it'll mean less of shite like Sissoko getting minutes.