By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world. Please note, if you are easily offended, this forum is not for you.

Join us!

Euro 2024

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
No sooner did I see that we’re linked with Calafiori than he knocks it in his own net. No more than Spain deserve though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well he can’t start Trent again as it’s just not working

Bellingham looked good early on last game but faded and was almost anonymous tonight

Maybe picked up a slight knock?

Denmark played well and deserved their point and I was pleased with PEH getting man of the match

Maybe Mr Levy will get more for him?
WTF is this Trent as a Quarterback bullshit...? It's absolutely fucking retarded. And he is clearly not fit so why the fuck he is even there and Madison ain't is beyond me.

Play a back 3.
Play Rice infront of them.
How have we not got a proper fucking LB...?
Put some in as a proper AM Jude, Foden, Eze, Palmer... Whoever.
If Kane ain't doing it, fuck him off for Watkins.
Find a Goal Keeper who isn't Pickford with his fucking stumpy Trex arms...!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Im sure I've said this somewhere on here before, because I've thought it for years. Declan Rice is massively overrated. Denmark clearly singled him out to press, and he turned the ball over time and time again. Not saying he's bad--he's clearly a decent CM--but he is nowhere near the player he's made out to be by the media IMO.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Founding Member
Personally I think England are decent, but that's it, decent. Southgate has been proven time and time again to be tactically below average and far too rigid.
Stones isn't aloud to push on into midfield like he does at City. Foden is being played out of position and is having no impact. As a result, Kane can't get into the game and is being bullied. The first time the Danes had to turn and run back was when Watkins made a run behind them and Schmeichel saved.
England need to improve 100% to beat a France, Spain or Germany cos on these performances and with this manager, they've got no chance. And that's considering all of the above arnt a patch on the forces they were in the past.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Personally I think England are decent, but that's it, decent. Southgate has been proven time and time again to be tactically below average and far too rigid.
Stones isn't aloud to push on into midfield like he does at City. Foden is being played out of position and is having no impact. As a result, Kane can't get into the game and is being bullied. The first time the Danes had to turn and run back was when Watkins made a run behind them and Schmeichel saved.
England need to improve 100% to beat a France, Spain or Germany cos on these performances and with this manager, they've got no chance. And that's considering all of the above arnt a patch on the forces they were in the past.
I'd go down a notch from 'decent' to 'average'. There was some awful passing and general lack of effort, I don't like Saka, Foden or Bellingham, they all seem a bit self centered to me, there were a few opportunities for passes to Kane last night that were squandered. Bellingham especially gets on my thrupnies with his falling over bollocks.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Founding Member
Bellingham especially gets on my thrupnies with his falling over bollocks.
Bellingham is without doubt a brilliant footballer and has the potential to be up there with Zidane in terms of great midfielders in the future...but yeah, he seems to be a bit too full of himself. Falling about and checking the big screen to see himself. There's no harm in having confidence I suppose and why shouldn't he have confidence, but he's 20...I just hope he has the right people around him to keep his feet on the ground.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
I'd go down a notch from 'decent' to 'average'. There was some awful passing and general lack of effort, I don't like Saka, Foden or Bellingham, they all seem a bit self centered to me, there were a few opportunities for passes to Kane last night that were squandered. Bellingham especially gets on my thrupnies with his falling over bollocks.

Yes I agree that we’re average ATM under SafeGate but get a decent manager and we would certainly be ‘decent’
He’s a nice guy and all that but is out of his depth at this level imv

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
There aren't enough footballs on the pitch for Foden, Bellingham and Saka, I think.

Obviously I don't really have a dog in the fight, as they say, but looking at some of the football being played in this tournament so far, it's disappointing that England have been so meh.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bellingham is without doubt a brilliant footballer and has the potential to be up there with Zidane in terms of great midfielders in the future...but yeah, he seems to be a bit too full of himself. Falling about and checking the big screen to see himself. There's no harm in having confidence I suppose and why shouldn't he have confidence, but he's 20...I just hope he has the right people around him to keep his feet on the ground.
Let's slow the fuck down...

He imo, was probably the greatest.

This lazy cunt isn't fit to lace his boots.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
There aren't enough footballs on the pitch for Foden, Bellingham and Saka, I think.

Obviously I don't really have a dog in the fight, as they say, but looking at some of the football being played in this tournament so far, it's disappointing that England have been so meh.

They’re obviously going to qualify from their group but I can’t see them progressing much further.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Let's slow the fuck down...

He imo, was probably the greatest.

This lazy cunt isn't fit to lace his boots.
Honestly he looks exhausted. I think some of these kids need to have their games managed. He's 21, and he's been playing top flight football pretty much nonstop for what, three years now. I know he was injured for a while last season. The boy from Barca who's starring for Spain now is 16. "If you're good enough, you're old enough," and all that, but he's going to break down by the time he hits 25.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a very strange tournament, top of the group with 1 win, 2 goals and a 1 goal difference? Fucking around with those stats would equate to 53 points in a PL season - 9th! Southgate moaning about the reception from the fans - oh fuck off eh? Those fans have paid a fucking fortune to be at the Euros, they have been swindled. Southgate is the highest paid manager at the tournament, he gets £4.88m a year, there has been on average 13 games a year since he too over so he gets £369,230 per fucking game! Shut the fuck up about the fans being mean to you Southgate, just go and count your money, that will make you feel better.

There is little to no chance of England winning a major tournament, but at the very least the fans deserve to be entertained and see the team put a fucking shift in, @Yid is right, watching England is the same as watching Spurs under Cunt 2.0.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Palmer looked fucking magnificent to be fair to him... I like that lad.

I will ask the question again... What is the point in an "Alexander Arnold"... What does it do.

It must be banging Mrs Southgate right... It must have the Hotel WiFi password or something because every time it pulls on an England shirt it is fucking woeful... Simple passes... Junk. Long range passing... Junk. Basic defensive awareness... Junk. Fitness... Junk.

Move our most promising attacking outlet... Yep Kyle fucking walker and dump it ceremoniously into the LB position, only for Quarterback Arnold to go and stand next to Kane every time we were in possession. Consequently being woefully out of position when we inevitably gave them the ball through unforced errors and basic shit play...!

What the fuck does Eze have to do to get a run out?

And did you hear some of the commentary... Saka at LB would give more balance...!!! ARE YOU LOT ON CRACK... The squad is the most fucked up abomination of individuals you've ever fucking seen. They're not a side, a team they're just a bunch of players with zero cohesion.

Southgate should get the fucking tin tac now, fly in Arry Redknap right fucking now and get him to gee them up, to run around a bit and see what happens...

It seriously can't be any fucking worse than the shit show shambles we have witnessed over the last 3 games.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Honestly he looks exhausted. I think some of these kids need to have their games managed. He's 21, and he's been playing top flight football pretty much nonstop for what, three years now. I know he was injured for a while last season. The boy from Barca who's starring for Spain now is 16. "If you're good enough, you're old enough," and all that, but he's going to break down by the time he hits 25.
You're bang on there mate... What the fuck is that about... My pal is a Madrid fan and he reckons He outruns everyone on the pitch in Madrid games, said some shit about highest XT.... Whatever the fuck that is... I just nodded and said "yeah"...!?

But you're right even my pal said it, he looks shagged...!

Probably bored as fuck like the rest of us to be fair to him.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Founding Member
Thing is...yet again, you're getting the rub of the green with the draw. You won't play France, Germany, Spain, or Portugal until you get to the final so...there's a good chance you'll be there.
It's ridiculous considering the performances so far. I'm looking at this from a neutral point of view. You're best players are in attacking positions and your weakest are at the back. So when you have a manager who sits back and thinks of safety before positive attacking tactics, its always going to be difficult. Basically if you had Ange at the helm, you'd be winning games 3-2, 4-3 or whatever. Players would be confident and the mood would be positive., but with this coach I doubt you'll get over the line in a major tournament.
You can only improve.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Love that from Ange--and not a cough to be heard....

England have been almost impossible to watch. But I suppose if they were Italy or Croatia, the media would be talking about how well they've managed the tournament so far--doing what they have to do in the group phase and keeping their powder dry for the next round. The announcer at the end of the Ange bit above made reference to France, and they're getting a good bit of stick in the French media despite past successes. But I imagine they'll be semifinalists at least, and I'd say the same for England looking at how the knockout round is shaping up.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
Love that from Ange--and not a cough to be heard....

England have been almost impossible to watch. But I suppose if they were Italy or Croatia, the media would be talking about how well they've managed the tournament so far--doing what they have to do in the group phase and keeping their powder dry for the next round. The announcer at the end of the Ange bit above made reference to France, and they're getting a good bit of stick in the French media despite past successes. But I imagine they'll be semifinalists at least, and I'd say the same for England looking at how the knockout round is shaping up.

Yes Southgate’s supporters will be saying that qualifying as winners of their group was all that mattered but it wasn’t good to watch and doesn’t bode well for later in the tournament when England come up against someone half decent!

Should make the semis though

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Some very interesting games in the second round. Looking forward to Austria-Turkey in particular. They’ve been the most entertaining teams to watch so far. Switzerland-Italy and Belgium-France should be good too.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Some very interesting games in the second round. Looking forward to Austria-Turkey in particular. They’ve been the most entertaining teams to watch so far. Switzerland-Italy and Belgium-France should be good too.
I've always been fond of Rangnick, when given the freedom, to implement his recruitment & style of play

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've always been fond of Rangnick, when given the freedom, to implement his recruitment & style of play.
The thing is, you always hear that it's hard to implement that style of play, especially the pressing bit, in internationals because of lack of time together. But apparently a lot of their players have come through the Red Bull system, which he basically designed, so it works out.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Italy out... The Swiss were fucking brilliant and if we meet them we will 100% need to be better than the shit we've seen so far.

Their lad upfront was a serious handful, bullying the Italian CB's for the hour or so he was on...

Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo but I don't think that was his job, he muscled and shielded the ball brilliantly.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
Italy out... The Swiss were fucking brilliant and if we meet them we will 100% need to be better than the shit we've seen so far.

Their lad upfront was a serious handful, bullying the Italian CB's for the hour or so he was on...

Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo but I don't think that was his job, he muscled and shielded the ball brilliantly.

Yes I was pleased with that result!