By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Holy fuck batman its no way Jose.....

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This man will destroy our club... because Levy will never alow him to him to buy his way out of trouble like his other clubs have let him...

This is going to go south fast...

What odds would I get on that cunt bei g out of a job in the new year??? Or on Ledley King being our manager in January???
I for one would love Jose gone but....how much will it cost us to get rid of him ?? Unless Levy has some sort of get out of jail free clause sorted....ah the whole thing is a fucking joke. Its Levy's fault, and he'll be too fucking proud to admit it. Unrest after game 1.....classic Mourinho!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I for one would love Jose gone but....how much will it cost us to get rid of him ?? Unless Levy has some sort of get out of jail free clause sorted....ah the whole thing is a fucking joke. Its Levy's fault, and he'll be too fucking proud to admit it. Unrest after game 1.....classic Mourinho!
Especially when put in context against the looming financial crisis... Kane won't play for us after this 2021...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This man will destroy our club... because Levy will never alow him to him to buy his way out of trouble like his other clubs have let him...

This is going to go south fast...

What odds would I get on that cunt bei g out of a job in the new year??? Or on Ledley King being our manager in January???
The problem would be that Levy will not give HM King Ledley the time he would need to develop a team to get us promotion from the Championship next year and to start building a legacy. It would be unfair to expect His Majesty to be able to jump straight into top level management and produce results with no financial backing and Levy making all the decisions off player transfers, it is unreasonable to expect any manager, even one who has decades of top level management experience to satisfy Levy's demands with both hands tied behind their backs.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The problem would be that Levy will not give HM King Ledley the time he would need to develop a team to get us promotion from the Championship next year and to start building a legacy. It would be unfair to expect His Majesty to be able to jump straight into top level management and produce results with no financial backing and Levy making all the decisions off player transfers, it is unreasonable to expect any manager, even one who has decades of top level management experience to satisfy Levy's demands with both hands tied behind their backs.
But, at the point that cunt gets sacked ledley will take over temporarily while we scrabble round for some cunt like Mark Hughes or Fat Sam to trot us out. Fuck I could see Arry back in the stocks soon enough because we will be fuckin skint

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Especially when put in context against the looming financial crisis... Kane won't play for us after this 2021...
Why would he ? He busts a gut week in week out while his manager openly criticises him and his chairman continuously kicks him in the bollocks.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
But, at the point that cunt gets sacked ledley will take over temporarily while we scrabble round for some cunt like Mark Hughes or Fat Sam to trot us out. Fuck I could see Arry back in the stocks soon enough because we will be fuckin skint
Eddie Howe will be on Levy's radar

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'd like to think Santos would be top of the list... but he woulnt stand for Levys shit...
I like Nagelsman from RB Leipzig, his team plays like ours in the best Poch years and you won't like this a bit like Liverpool.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I like Nagelsman from RB Leipzig, his team plays like ours in the best Poch years and you won't like this a bit like Liverpool.
Nothing wrong with their play... supporters are solid gold cunts

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
FFS:
Well my missus asked who is out now bale plays,is it Son??i said no probably not,but really who gets left out?son,moura,bergwijn,lamela,kane?. He and Son both prefer the left as does lamela.If i was wheeling dealing we sell lamela,along with rose,ccv and sissoko.Use Bale as the expense requiring financial squad pruning.We dont have too many players we just have too many wide midfielders.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well my missus asked who is out now bale plays,is it Son??i said no probably not,but really who gets left out?son,moura,bergwijn,lamela,kane?. He and Son both prefer the left as does lamela.If i was wheeling dealing we sell lamela,along with rose,ccv and sissoko.Use Bale as the expense requiring financial squad pruning.We dont have too many players we just have too many wide midfielders.
Can't see him playing wide tbh...more of a free role between the Midfield and Kane. Think Dele will be the one who loses out

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Can't see him playing wide tbh...more of a free role between the Midfield and Kane. Think Dele will be the one who loses out
But thats Gedson`s role.........or Lo celso.and dele.
I am daft enough to remember the game at everton 1st time redknapp played him right wing and boy did we let harry know as we slumped to defeat "gareth bale,he plays on the left".

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
But thats Gedson`s role.........or Lo celso.and dele.
I am daft enough to remember the game at everton 1st time redknapp played him right wing and boy did we let harry know as we slumped to defeat "gareth bale,he plays on the left".
I wouldn't be worried about Gedson or Dele.
He might drop Lucas....front 3 of....

Son Kane Bale

oooooohhhhh that looks tasty....

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I wouldn't be worried about Gedson or Dele.
He might drop Lucas....front 3 of....

Son Kane Bale

oooooohhhhh that looks tasty....
.....and the rest..?

Lo Celso Holjberg Sissoko

Reguilon Toby Dier Doherty

Lloris

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah, but if we stay in the cups (big if I know) the fixtures are brutal. More than enough minutes for these boys imo.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
.....and the rest..?

Lo Celso Holjberg Sissoko

Reguilon Toby Dier Doherty

Lloris
Based on the very small sample of one game against a high line defence (remember AVB) we played 4-4-2 in the second half...well sort of. Highlights were Kane, Son and Lo Celso, low lights Winks, Dier, Davies and Sanchez? If we can get a strong reliable defence sorted out for the PL first team it could be a good season, ie win a trophy or two and top 4. Who knows hope the football is fun to watch as well.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I think that Dier and Holjberg are he odd men out. Honestly, you could play a midfield 3 of N'Dombole, LoCelso, and Sissoko. There's no point to a 4-3-3 if you're not going to being aggressive and the mids have to be able to pass. If he wants to be pragmatic then a 4-2-3-1 is a better look, but honestly this team is not built to play defensively. I hope this stubborn old bat accepts that.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think that Dier and Holjberg are he odd men out. Honestly, you could play a midfield 3 of N'Dombole, LoCelso, and Sissoko. There's no point to a 4-3-3 if you're not going to being aggressive and the mids have to be able to pass. If he wants to be pragmatic then a 4-2-3-1 is a better look, but honestly this team is not built to play defensively. I hope this stubborn old bat accepts that.
I like 4-2-3-1 though and under Poch we scored a shed load in that formation. something like this would work for the moment - depending on how N'dombele works out...Our weakness is the two centre backs now.

Lloris
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Reguilon
Hojbjerg one of N'Dombele/Winks/Sissoko/Lo Celso
Son/Bale, Lo Celso/N'Dombele, Son/Bale
Kane

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I like 4-2-3-1 though and under Poch we scored a shed load in that formation. something like this would work for the moment - depending on how N'dombele works out...Our weakness is the two centre backs now.

Lloris
Hojbjerg one of N'Dombele/Winks/Sissoko/Lo Celso
Son/Bale, Lo Celso/N'Dombele, Son/Bale
Kane

I still like Sanchez better than Dier, but that is certainly debatable. I think if Alli goes then LoCelso would have to be the No. 10 in this formation, so you'd have to play Holjberg with N'Dombele most likely. Winks and Holjberg should only be on the pitch together if we're protecting a lead in the dying minutes of a match.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I still like Sanchez better than Dier, but that is certainly debatable. I think if Alli goes then LoCelso would have to be the No. 10 in this formation, so you'd have to play Holjberg with N'Dombele most likely. Winks and Holjberg should only be on the pitch together if we're protecting a lead in the dying minutes of a match.
Good point so.....assuming all on form: If the front 4 rotate, it would decimate defences.
Lloris
Hojbjerg, Lo Celso
Son/Bale, Dele, Son/Bale
Kane

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
IMO he'll play in a medium to low block, and rely on the quality we have in the front 3 to carry a threat.

I see this as potentially devastating to the likes of Chelsea, but teams who are willing to concede possession and defend deep as well will be difficult to deal with, as will teams with the quality in the back (the dippers, for example, most days) to match up with our front three. It will also make for some pretty turgid stuff on many occasions. There's just no reason to think that he's going to play any other way that what we've seen over the last 15 years from him.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Playing 3 in midfield is what jose wants ATM,we are happy to not have possesion,and play 3 upfront and hit them early with hoof ball.The trouble is wiley teams will see this and sit back,its been our nemesis,being given the ball to play with because we just find it so difficult to unpick a lock.It does nothing for winks,holberg or sissoko,because playing 3 against 4 or 5 they are just auxilliary defenders.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Its a bit like using an o,a mistake. ;) ø

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member

Has Jose Mourinho won over the Tottenham fans?

didn’t have to win me over. The guy is one of the greatest managers in the world and a serial winner. We had a better squad than united when he was there, and he won a cup With them.

just look at the way players, ex-players and people from the game are talking about us. Fans bemoan the performance yesterday, but just look at the reaction of people.

also, Kane and son have never been better, that is a good coach. to take world class players and make them better