By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Hugo Lloris

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I wouldn't lose my job technically as I'm self employed but might find it difficult to run a painting and decorating business without a vehicle.

Brand yourself an eco painter and decorator and go by bike

No, no, that's a silly idea.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Brand yourself an eco painter and decorator and go by bike

No, no, that's a silly idea.
To be honest that might not be the worst idea considering the main demographic round my way (I've moved away from the ghetto) seems to be young hipster types who care about the environment and make sure they tell everyone about it. The one thing bit of graffiti I often see round here is a slogan that simply say "BE VEGAN", ffs....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest that might not be the worst idea considering the main demographic round my way (I've moved away from the ghetto) seems to be young hipster types who care about the environment and make sure they tell everyone about it. The one thing bit of graffiti I often see round here is a slogan that simply say "BE VEGAN", ffs....
You`re only a vegan if you keep fucking telling everyone you`re a vegan.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
You`re only a vegan if you keep fucking telling everyone you`re a vegan.
Vegan is almost an anagram of vagina!

When I was studying to get the bit of paper I have, that most folks would find ironically unbeleivable, I went on a vegan diet for 6 months to do blood tests and stuff, I was ill as fuck. Cholesterol was down to really 'healthy 'levels but B12, iron, zinc and calcium were fucked as fucked can be. B12 deficiency is a cunt because it can make you totally Radio rental. The Vegan society recommends eating foods fortified with B12, but as 99% of those use B12 from critters, cos that's where B12 comes from, they would be really upset if you told them that - so fucking tell them.

To be compassionate and caring, bear in mind when a vegan tells you they are a vegan, which they will do, they are probably suffering from B12 deficiency stark raving mental syndrome, so just tell them to fuck off and eat a fucking steak.

The big probelm with all these food nazis telling other people to eat what they do is that everyone has a different genetic makeup, a very small minority of people can be healthy on a vegan diet, some folks can eat gluten without aggro, I can't, but I don't go round telling the world and its dog to stop eating glutenny yummy bread. Some people will die if they eat peanuts, celery, eggs, garlic, dairy stuff etc. Some people say they have an allergy but really they are just a bit sensitive. Some people obviously have a B12 deficiency when they're not even vegan, because they still think Brexit is a good idea.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

When I was studying to get the bit of paper I have, that most folks would find ironically unbeleivable, I went on a vegan diet for 6 months to do blood tests and stuff, I was ill as fuck. Cholesterol was down to really 'healthy 'levels but B12, iron, zinc and calcium were fucked as fucked can be. B12 deficiency is a cunt because it can make you totally Radio rental. The Vegan society recommends eating foods fortified with B12, but as 99% of those use B12 from critters, cos that's where B12 comes from, they would be really upset if you told them that - so fucking tell them.

To be compassionate and caring, bear in mind when a vegan tells you they are a vegan, which they will do, they are probably suffering from B12 deficiency stark raving mental syndrome, so just tell them to fuck off and eat a fucking steak.

The big probelm with all these food nazis telling other people to eat what they do is that everyone has a different genetic makeup, a very small minority of people can be healthy on a vegan diet, some folks can eat gluten without aggro, I can't, but I don't go round telling the world and its dog to stop eating glutenny yummy bread. Some people will die if they eat peanuts, celery, eggs, garlic, dairy stuff etc. Some people say they have an allergy but really they are just a bit sensitive. Some people obviously have a B12 deficiency when they're not even vegan, because they still think Brexit is a good idea.
I prefer to eat things that at least have the chance to run or swim away,rather than just be picked!!

images

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

I'm a little bit sensitive to Harp Lager. Makes me sneeze n gives me a rash. Lucky it's boggin or it would be a nightmare.

Veganism is becoming a religion.. It's easy to tell as they hand out flyers.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Frustrates the hell out of me that people consider removing his captaincy and dropping him! That video and especially the 3 pens saves have been massive for us

If aguero scored that we would not have won game

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Frustrates the hell out of me that people consider removing his captaincy and dropping him! That video and especially the 3 pens saves have been massive for us

I would consider removing his captaincy, I have right from day one, I don't think he is a good leader and he makes fuck awful decisions and he kicks like a fucking girl. Of course he makes some great saves, but that ain't being a good captain.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
To be honest, a keeper captain is usually just too far away from the action to be involved. Something happens in the opposition penalty box and your keeper is the entire pitch away, and basically never is involved... there are some keepers that provide a presence on the pitch, but I've never really considered Hugo to do that with anything other than actions... which are admittedly sometimes fantastic, but you want your captain involved every game.

Sure, we've got other players out there that likely act as sub captains, like Kane, but the fact that's necessary shows me that a keeper captain is not really the best choice on the field. Who is always talking to the ref for us? Kane. Unless it's around the 18 yard box in our own half.

Says it all.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

I never considered dropping him or removing the captaincy but the problem I have at the moment is that I just don't know what Hugo is going to deliver. Some days he is absolutely from another planet and other days he makes schoolboy errors. His best is better than just about any other keeper alive but his bad days are truly horrible.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I never considered dropping him or removing the captaincy but the problem I have at the moment is that I just don't know what Hugo is going to deliver. Some days he is absolutely from another planet and other days he makes schoolboy errors. His best is better than just about any other keeper alive but his bad days are truly horrible.

Agree but tbf the position we are in wrt to champions league does have a huge debt to Hugos perfromances in the CL

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I've said this elsewhere.
Hugo is a massive talent.
He's a phenomenal shot stopper who has won us some games or at least kept us in games with some of his saves. There are very few other that would be any better than him at it.

I simply feel that his distribution is lacking.
Furthermore, I believe the defenders / midfielders feel a little uneasy, when put under pressure, to play it back to Hugo. That says a lot.

Though I like Hugo, I can't help feeling that if we had a keeper that could play with the ball at his feet & distribute accurately up field but may not be as good of a shot stopper (but a very good at the very least) I feel Poch's system would be enhanced & much more effective. We pass the ball around for possessions sake but as soon as it goes back to Hugo, it is pumped up the field & is now no better than a 50/50 ball. For what purpose?
We play the ball around the back to draw the other team forward thus creating more space for us between their defenders. We need to find our open man/men. That's the advantage we want but we rarely do so when it's is played back to Hugo.

I sense our outfield players approach this aspect of the game much differently when Gazza is in goal. They are less tentative when playing the ball back to him. And his distribution is very good.

As for the captaincy, I'd like a strong player (character & skill) right in the middle of the pitch. We need to get one.

PS I have no idea what Hugo is like in the dressing room. He may be a massive, positive influence on the others pre-game etc. Who knows?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
As for the captaincy, I'd like a strong player (character & skill) right in the middle of the pitch. We need to get one.

PS I have no idea what Hugo is like in the dressing room. He may be a massive, positive influence on the others pre-game etc. Who knows?
Agree with most of that,new player in and made captain,difficult to do,and I think Kane is probably most vocal,and probably is our captain outfield.Did you see the video in the tunnel pre palace where Harry told hugo,if you win the toss kick to the south stand 2nd half?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I just meant that we need an influential leader in the middle of the park. Doesn't have to be captain right away.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Agree with most of that,new player in and made captain,difficult to do,and I think Kane is probably most vocal,and probably is our captain outfield.Did you see the video in the tunnel pre palace where Harry told hugo,if you win the toss kick to the south stand 2nd half?

Yes I did see that. Plenty of talk about it too.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
4-6 weeks to heel, I would think out until Xmas

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I may be very drunk off of cheap gin butn8 see this as a positive for our captain and can get hold of the 1st 11 to get them through games his he sees fit. That's assuming he want to stay

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Our captain being the premature capitan of Hareeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The media had a right old field day yesterday, according to most of them Hugo was lucky to survive the horrific, terrible, shocking, appalling injury that turns out to be a dislocated elbow. OK, that is fucking nasty, very nasty and will take time to heal, but reading yesterday's reports I expected to see Spurs and French flags flying at half mast. RIP ( recover in peace ) Hugo, get well soon and send us a postcard from you next club. Probably too soon, but I think it's time he moved on.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I was right behind him , and that was such an easy catch to make , and he fecked up badly , after the Soton game , that 2 many mistakes . He has Zero confidence and if he doesn’t , the defenders won’t , and vice versa .
The. Gazza came on , and ffs , yes it was a shot from close range , either catch and hold on ,OR Parry it away to the side , don’t play it back into the 6 yard box . No player seems to have confidence , I mean even HK snatched at a potential late goal

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hugo Lloris has undergone further assessment this morning after sustaining a dislocated elbow in our match against Brighton on Saturday.
The findings have shown that although surgery will not be required, our Club Captain has suffered ligament damage and is not expected to return to training before the end of 2019.
Hugo is currently in a brace and will now undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation under the supervision of our medical staff at Hotspur Way.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Hugo Lloris has undergone further assessment this morning after sustaining a dislocated elbow in our match against Brighton on Saturday.
The findings have shown that although surgery will not be required, our Club Captain has suffered ligament damage and is not expected to return to training before the end of 2019.
Hugo is currently in a brace and will now undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation under the supervision of our medical staff at Hotspur Way.
Doubt he'll be able to drive either...........wink.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid