By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Other Premier league clubs

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
Yes a good result for us in our quest for 4th place!

We need to beat Forest!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I expect to get 10 points from that...

And I'd expect them to get 12...

That game in hand we didn't turn up for will come back to bite us.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The two unscheduled games will be massive. We'll beat Chelsea away IMO, and we do have form for beating Pep. And the NLD will be absolutely massive.

We really will have a say in the title race, whatever happens in the race for fourth (which may be a bit of a dead rubber anyway, since the PL still odds on to get 5 places.)

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Another favour from Chelsea keeps us 9 points clear of United in 6th on the same number of games played.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I don't know if it's 100% true yet but apparently if Arsenal beat Bayern in the Champions League or West Ham beat Leverkusen in the Europa League then it apparently locks in 5th place for Champions League football next season.

We're 9 points and 19 goals ahead of United in 6th and 12 points and 23 goals ahead of West Ham in 7th as well so I'd say - still slightly hesitantly - that we're guaranteed some form of European football next season.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't know if it's 100% true yet but apparently if Arsenal beat Bayern in the Champions League or West Ham beat Leverkusen in the Europa League then it apparently locks in 5th place for Champions League football next season.

We're 9 points and 19 goals ahead of United in 6th and 12 points and 23 goals ahead of West Ham in 7th as well so I'd say - still slightly hesitantly - that we're guaranteed some form of European football next season.
I want 4th... That is a sign of intent.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I want 4th... That is a sign of intent.
3rd isn't even out of the question and that would be fantastic. I wouldn't be settling for 5th either but my "slightly" (cough) obsessive nature needs to know all the permutations ..

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
The two unscheduled games will be massive. We'll beat Chelsea away IMO, and we do have form for beating Pep. And the NLD will be absolutely massive.

We really will have a say in the title race, whatever happens in the race for fourth (which may be a bit of a dead rubber anyway, since the PL still odds on to get 5 places.)

Agree we should beat Chelsea but I hate going to their place as we don’t have a good record there

The Goons may be due for their annual meltdown
Weren’t great against Bayern so , at full strength, we could get a result

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The results tonight have mean that 5th spot in next year's Champions League will potentially go right down to the wire. If Bayern and Leverkusen go through at the expense of Arsenal and West Ham respectively then it's almost certain that England won't get the extra spot.

Basically it means we must finish 4th or higher to be sure.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Vila just beat Arsenal 2-0. Fair play to them.

Our next game is the NLD on the 28th as well.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Have to say, I have never even for one second thought City wouldn’t outlast Liverpool and Arsenal for the title. Hopefully we can put the goons to the sword and take care of our own business in the NLD.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Dortmund going through tonight apparently strengthens Germany's position to get the other CL slot.

I suspect if Bayern also go through tomorrow night than that'll all but confirm that 5th won't be enough and will be the Europa League as usual.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Dortmund going through tonight apparently strengthens Germany's position to get the other CL slot.

I suspect if Bayern also go through tomorrow night than that'll all but confirm that 5th won't be enough and will be the Europa League as usual.
And there it is—looks like 4th is a must. I’m watching the Citeh game, but apparently Eric Dier was man of the match.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

And there it is—looks like 4th is a must. I’m watching the Citeh game, but apparently Eric Dier was man of the match.
Yeah I've heard he had a good game. But I suppose when you haven't got the fans on your back all the time you can concentrate on playing a bit more. Good for him.

I do wonder if the Europa League wouldn't the worst thing though ?. As much as I'd love to see us in the Champions League, we're realistically unlikely to win it but we might have a better chance of winning the Europa League.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Hahah, fuck the goons...

Oh well, we know what we need to do now....no more excuses.

Strikegold

Strikegold

Player in Training.
Congratulations to Leicester and Harry Winks for their promotion to the PL. I live and work in Northamptonshire, Market Harborough is in Leicestershire and literally 15 minutes drive from where I work. I guess Leicester should be my second team if such a thing is allowed !!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Congratulations to Leicester and Harry Winks for their promotion to the PL. I live and work in Northamptonshire, Market Harborough is in Leicestershire and literally 15 minutes drive from where I work. I guess Leicester should be my second team if such a thing is allowed !!
They had no business getting relegated in the first place. Massive wobble down the stretch but by far the best squad in the Championship. But tbf it doesn’t look like Leeds will win automatic promotion with a very good squad as well.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Yeah chuffed for Leicester and Harry the second. Can't say I've watched them, but I hear they're very tidy in a rough league.