By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Covid 19 Lurgy

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
After over 50 days of house arrest we have been allowed out for a walk or exercise. It's very complicated for folks who don't live in small municipalities like wot we do, they have time zones for seniors, children and normal human beans We can go out between 6am and 11 pm, once only and within a 1km radius of our house if we are walking, but if we are doing exercise like jogging or cycling we can go anywhere within our municipality, which don't help much because I don't think anywhere is more than 1km alway! i might even break the rules a bit if nobody else is around and stop and look at the Meditteranean - of course if I see a copper I will jog on the spot to show I am exercising.

...... walking......

Aarrrgghh! My legs are cream-crackered, they haven't done much for 7 weeks and now I subject them to this:

My Walk.jpg

Map My Walk is great, like all of these apps it sort of forces you into doing something or you feel guilty for ignoring it. Mrs D has got a fitbit, and that bugger moans at her if she doesn't do her daily exercise - she does of course because like all wives she is perfect! OK, for you fit blokes my walk was pretty pathetic, but look at that massive elevation gain of 10m! Yeah, pretty much all sea level here. 4,58 km ain't bad for the first time out of the house in 7 weeks.

Social distancing was tough, here's a snap of the hoards of people on the forbidden beach, forbidden because it is in the next municipality, we would be arrested instantly if we ventured onto it, nah, not really, you do see the occasional plod round here, but they are not going to go all Covid Cop on us.

BeachWalk.jpg

I have got a bit lardy in the past 7 weeks, proved to me yesterday when my favourite shorts no longer made it round my gut, and that is really, really bad. If you look at the Covid figures, you have a nearly 40% higher chance of croaking if you have a BMI over 30 , if you could be arsed reading my other rambling rant, obesity is one of the leading causes of early death and chronic conditions like diabetes, kidney disease, cancer, which again increase your risk of being brown bread if you cant the virus. So, get fit chaps, ditch the extra kilos.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I fucking hate BMI....

According to it, I have been obese since I was about 9....

Yeah I'm not in tiptop shape right now but it's not nice putting labels on people...

That BMI cunt is a bully.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I fucking hate BMI....

According to it, I have been obese since I was about 9....

Yeah I'm not in tiptop shape right now but it's not nice putting labels on people...

That BMI cunt is a bully.
Yeah OK, but lardy is lardy and most people do not have any muscle - at all, so a BMI label is good for them, but us athletes know when we are packing a pound or ten extra. Most people with a BMI over 30 ARE obese, not all of course, so the labels for most people are accurate. If the huge majority of not fit, normal framed people got down to a non obese size buy taking note of their BMI and making it more littler, then less folks would die too early. Other measures are available, pinch an inch, yank a yard,

Basically everybody knows when they are too heavy, there are these magic tools called mirrors and cameras and subtle signs like the shorts you wore comfortably last summer not fitting round your belly and shirt buttons popping off and taking people's eyes out.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Antivaxxers and '5g causes Covid 19' protestors in London yesterday. I wonder if they were like the right to life wankers from the USofA who descended on Ireland recently? Retards with 'My Body My Choice' posters, OK fair enough, if you infect someone else you get tried for murder and if you need treatment from the NHS, tough. The cunts make me really mad, they deny vaccines to their children, yep, they had kids in their group hug demonstrations. I remember when I was a kid, fucking Polio crippled and killed thousands, TB was a real cunt and these got knocked on the head with vaccines. If they discover a vaccine for C19 then any cunt who doesn't want it can go into isolation (prison) until they do, to protect the non stark-raving mental rest of the population.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Two things - Rowan Atkinson in a blond wig for President. Dani deVito as the lawyer is inspired.

I’m about to go out on my new bike, tried my 30 year old Mountain Bike with knobbly tyres for the last 3 weeks and it’s not working.....;) Some unkind friends have said it’s my breadsticks style legs, but I’m not having that.....

catch up later if I’m not dead.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
But the lamb was nice (considering it was greek farmed,normally pretty skinny),its about the only time of year we have it or can afford it,prices outside of easter I`d rather buy beef than a pile of bones from summer lamb,not a lot of nice green pastures in this neck of the woods!!
Dont forget to post a picture!!!
Had to cut down a pork shoulder instead of lamb, and had to throw some vegetables on there for colour, but it was finally time for dining al fresco in Canada. Made me hope this will all be over soon.
IMG_2055.JPG
Not missing the football as much as I was at first, but am watching some older matches with the boy to educate him: some classic FA Cup stuff, a few games I could find from the Redknapp era. And, of course, much of the CL run from last year. He has noted that I don't yell and scream as much when I know the result beforehand.

Now thinking he's ready for some non-Spurs material. What do you folk suggest for a classic match that every 7-year-old should see if he's locked away with his family in springtime?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Had to cut down a pork shoulder instead of lamb, and had to throw some vegetables on there for colour, but it was finally time for dining al fresco in Canada. Made me hope this will all be over soon.
View attachment 1200
Not missing the football as much as I was at first, but am watching some older matches with the boy to educate him: some classic FA Cup stuff, a few games I could find from the Redknapp era. And, of course, much of the CL run from last year. He has noted that I don't yell and scream as much when I know the result beforehand.

Now thinking he's ready for some non-Spurs material. What do you folk suggest for a classic match that every 7-year-old should see if he's locked away with his family in springtime?
I see FIFA.com has made several past WC games available. I had the same thought as you, and was looking to watch West Germany-France '82 not long ago and couldn't find the whole thing on YouTube.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This Covid business could turn ou to be the biggest piece of good luck the human race has ever had. Yeah, really. The infectiousness of C19 is very high, but, the mortality rate is very low, most scientific folks, not retards like Trump, reckon 1-2% compared to SARS (11%) , Ebola (>50%). The next pandemic, and there will be one, could be exponentially worse than C19. If the world prepares for the next one, If we learn lessons from this almighty fuckup of a response to the current pandemic, we might be in a better position to fight it. I would not bet on it because the self-interested Brexit Fanclub, so-called government of the UK and the insane loony regime in the USA will probably do as they have done before this crisis and ignore any warnings, scientific evidence and pat themselves on the back for doing a great job, the sheep people will believe the lies in the media.

A new World order is needed, leading countries cannot continue to be run by single issue ideologues, if the world keeps drifting towards nationalism, expectionalism, populism then of course we are all fucked. People like Trump and Johnson have proved beyond any doubt that they are incapable of dealing with a crisis and are not remotely interested in the masses, only the rich. The political system has proven ineffective, time for a broader, more-inclusive type of government, more coalitions of the sane instead of the current tyranny of the insane.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
View attachment 1200

In the UK they are airing the entire Euro 96 campaign.....

I've just gone back to work, but I am telling ya now... I'm watching every fucking game....

That summer, that tournament was very very special for me.

Maybe get him interested in a tournament like that where he can learn about the mini leagues and then knock out games....

Ah man I cant wait for it...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
View attachment 1200

pretty much any european final featuring arsenal is a good start.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This Covid business could turn ou to be the biggest piece of good luck the human race has ever had. Yeah, really. The infectiousness of C19 is very high, but, the mortality rate is very low, most scientific folks, not retards like Trump, reckon 1-2% compared to SARS (11%) , Ebola (>50%). The next pandemic, and there will be one, could be exponentially worse than C19. If the world prepares for the next one, If we learn lessons from this almighty fuckup of a response to the current pandemic, we might be in a better position to fight it. I would not bet on it because the self-interested Brexit Fanclub, so-called government of the UK and the insane loony regime in the USA will probably do as they have done before this crisis and ignore any warnings, scientific evidence and pat themselves on the back for doing a great job, the sheep people will believe the lies in the media.

A new World order is needed, leading countries cannot continue to be run by single issue ideologues, if the world keeps drifting towards nationalism, expectionalism, populism then of course we are all fucked. People like Trump and Johnson have proved beyond any doubt that they are incapable of dealing with a crisis and are not remotely interested in the masses, only the rich. The political system has proven ineffective, time for a broader, more-inclusive type of government, more coalitions of the sane instead of the current tyranny of the insane.
I really think it will take an alien invasion holocaust to bring mankind together.We are all so indoctrinated from education,media etc to act like the fucktards we do.No doubt if we were all born in north korea we would think kim jumg is a god,does a round of golf in 23 strokes and is faster the usain bolt (and probably all have silly haircuts too!).What is particularly worrying is countries split 50/50 on political divides and ignoring truths even about a pandemic virus.Fucking political ideology is as dangerous as religious ideology,fighting over what is purely an economic system of government.As if that should be the real issue,and why it wont shake my belief the UK and USA have the highest death rates because the system values economy (money) over the people,or more so than other nations.I dont think my super power. has to be hindsight to say ending the lockdown early in certain countries will lead to the highest deaths,a protracted global lockdown of sorts (well if one country is still highly infected how do you truly open up?)but the minion worker ants will be happy because they are doing what they have been born to do,work for the economy,earn more,spend more,and keep the virtuous circle of what is deemed important turning.Having more things in other words.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So this virus ain't going away.... we get that.

That means those who are vulnerable will continue to be vulnerable forever more until the humans as a race develop some form of natural immunity or until we find a cure to eradicate this virus...

So does that mean those susceptible will be plonked on ventilators every couple of months/years to fight for their lives.

I know that the vaccine for the known Covid strains does not stop you contracting it, it simply lessens the symptoms, shortening the overall duration of the illness.

I dont understand the strategy or even if there is a way that we can get back to any form of normality.

I mean those who are more susceptible and will potentially die.... or those who develop related illnesses over time related to older age who then become susceptible and die...

I mean is this the new way to croak it for all of us over time?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So this virus ain't going away.... we get that.

That means those who are vulnerable will continue to be vulnerable forever more until the humans as a race develop some form of natural immunity or until we find a cure to eradicate this virus...

So does that mean those susceptible will be plonked on ventilators every couple of months/years to fight for their lives.

I know that the vaccine for the known Covid strains does not stop you contracting it, it simply lessens the symptoms, shortening the overall duration of the illness.

I dont understand the strategy or even if there is a way that we can get back to any form of normality.

I mean those who are more susceptible and will potentially die.... or those who develop related illnesses over time related to older age who then become susceptible and die...

I mean is this the new way to croak it for all of us over time?
At the moment they are trialing treatments,but that is only if you are hospitalized,so we wait on a tamiflu treatment for home or a vaccine.
I guess a car analogy sort of works,we know cars kill and yet we are free to drive,we know deaths are pretty uncommon at speeds of 30mph or under and yet they allow us to drive at 70mph.Its at what level risk of death is acceptable to the law and to the punters.
Perhaps the govt should have said to the billy big bollocks under 30s who feel they are invincible and dont care who else dies,that they have a 1% chance of death if they catch it,perhaps describe it as,you have 100 cheese and chive pringles in a tube,one out the 100 will kill you,would you still eat one from that packet?
Strategy goes completely out of the window when you have mass transport on buses,trains,underground commuting to work,I just dont see how social distance will work in those areas,and if it is acceptable to the law makers then,why bother distancing in parks,pubs if you gamble with your life taking a journey to go to work?When and how much is acceptable?Fucked if I know,not a problem here,but london big problem for sure.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
At the moment they are trialing treatments,but that is only if you are hospitalized,so we wait on a tamiflu treatment for home or a vaccine.
I guess a car analogy sort of works,we know cars kill and yet we are free to drive,we know deaths are pretty uncommon at speeds of 30mph or under and yet they allow us to drive at 70mph.Its at what level risk of death is acceptable to the law and to the punters.
Perhaps the govt should have said to the billy big bollocks under 30s who feel they are invincible and dont care who else dies,that they have a 1% chance of death if they catch it,perhaps describe it as,you have 100 cheese and chive pringles in a tube,one out the 100 will kill you,would you still eat one from that packet?
Strategy goes completely out of the window when you have mass transport on buses,trains,underground commuting to work,I just dont see how social distance will work in those areas,and if it is acceptable to the law makers then,why bother distancing in parks,pubs if you gamble with your life taking a journey to go to work?When and how much is acceptable?Fucked if I know,not a problem here,but london big problem for sure.
There's probably no solution until some sort of vaccine is found and that assumes it doesn't mutate like it's mate influenza. Going back to your point, it would appear that is about the level of risk allowed (deaths from flu & pneumonia),since we've been putting up with that for many years now and the mode is probably 80+ so the kids would be fine with the cheese and chive pringles

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I bet you folks in Blighty are relieved that the government have solved the biggest issue currently affecting you - what the new slogan will be. 'Stay Alert', that's fantastic advice, if you see a Corona virus particle just keep your distance and you will be safe. Luckily the government has failed to do the promised 100,00 daily tests, they are having to send the swabs to the US for processing, phew! Imagine if they had hit the target - plucky, go-it-alone, better off without 'them' Britain would look a bit silly and they'd have to make up even more slogans.

Is the lockdown in the UK a joke? The pictures on the news of people enjoying the parks and beaches with Plod vans going round asking them nicely to go home, pretty please are a bit of a contrast to what's happening here in Spain. It's a bit chaotic in the big cities now that people are allowed out to exercise, but if you get busted for a bit of sunbathing or having a party you are going to be around €600 worse off.

Personally, I'm going in for a bit of self-defence. Some bars and restaurants are being allowed to open their outside areas next week at a reduced capacity, but I ain't not never going just yet. You can socially distance yourself sitting at a table, but your food is going to breathed on by the cooks and the waiting staff and they're generally young people who will go to work even if they feel iffy, you can't blame them really, they need to make a living if they can. A 2 metre isolation zone is not enough if a dirty lurgy sufferer sneezes 5 meters away from you sneezes, you're fucked, everybody on that terrace is fucked.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'll be honest I think those city dwellers ain't giving it the respect us country folk maybe are... but then there are cunts in both I suppose, just a denser population of cunts in the city...

When I see the news they are generally interviewing proper old people or people who may be non native UK citizens... and their responses frighten me as they do generally seem to give no fucks..... but the media would show those responses as opposed to the people behaving and following GVT advice wouldnt they, it's a better, scarier story to frighten people with and outrage them.

The numbers dying have fallen ever so slightly which is why the shaggy headed bafoon thinks were over the peak......

It'll be back with a vengeance about Setp/Nov time just ready to add to the misery of the normal flu season when it's nice and chilly and the virus can seriously get hold of the aged and poorley...

I too, ain't allowing any leeway just yet, the economy isnt as important to me as my and my families lives. I'll live under a bridge in a cardboard box before I see them come to harm because of my selfish stupid actions.. ...

Those who are being selfish wankers.... fuck you, if you are happy to die drowning in your own blood as you lungs turn to mush fine, crack on. But dont fucking infect others to suffer the same fate you cunts.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Trump said "This is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great,The tests are perfect, but something can happen between a test where it's good and then something happens and all of the sudden. She was tested very recently and tested negative, and then today I guess for some reason she tested positive."

This bloke has to be locked away in a padded cell, he is completely mental. Criticising tests as not being great - because they work?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a rambling, incoherent, contradictory, vague pile of poo fell out of Johnson's mouth yesterday and today. When the world leads intelligent, strong, caring leaders it gets Bozo and Trump.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I bet you folks in Blighty are relieved that the government have solved the biggest issue currently affecting you - what the new slogan will be. 'Stay Alert', that's fantastic advice, if you see a Corona virus particle just keep your distance and you will be safe. Luckily the government has failed to do the promised 100,00 daily tests, they are having to send the swabs to the US for processing, phew! Imagine if they had hit the target - plucky, go-it-alone, better off without 'them' Britain would look a bit silly and they'd have to make up even more slogans.

Is the lockdown in the UK a joke? The pictures on the news of people enjoying the parks and beaches with Plod vans going round asking them nicely to go home, pretty please are a bit of a contrast to what's happening here in Spain. It's a bit chaotic in the big cities now that people are allowed out to exercise, but if you get busted for a bit of sunbathing or having a party you are going to be around €600 worse off.

Personally, I'm going in for a bit of self-defence. Some bars and restaurants are being allowed to open their outside areas next week at a reduced capacity, but I ain't not never going just yet. You can socially distance yourself sitting at a table, but your food is going to breathed on by the cooks and the waiting staff and they're generally young people who will go to work even if they feel iffy, you can't blame them really, they need to make a living if they can. A 2 metre isolation zone is not enough if a dirty lurgy sufferer sneezes 5 meters away from you sneezes, you're fucked, everybody on that terrace is fucked.
We had VE day here last Friday and to celebrate I went out for a ride on my pushbike. I got to a small village called Hyde Heath near Amersham, where at about 12.30 there were literally floods of people all heading to the common. The road was was lined with cars parked and manouervring and i literally had to stop because the road was blocked with traffic. Without exaggeration there were about 500 people on a patch of land waiting for a spitfire to fly over the local old folks veterans retirement home. Now I'm all for a bit of respect to the sacrifice those in the war made, but this was completely ridiculous. So interms of taking the 'guidelines' into your own hands and doing your own thing - the proverbial virus was out of the lockdown bag, before Sunday's load of waffle and ambiguity, at least for about 500 people in Hyde Heath anyway.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We had VE day here last Friday and to celebrate I went out for a ride on my pushbike. I got to a small village called Hyde Heath near Amersham, where at about 12.30 there were literally floods of people all heading to the common. The road was was lined with cars parked and manouervring and i literally had to stop because the road was blocked with traffic. Without exaggeration there were about 500 people on a patch of land waiting for a spitfire to fly over the local old folks veterans retirement home. Now I'm all for a bit of respect to the sacrifice those in the war made, but this was completely ridiculous. So interms of taking the 'guidelines' into your own hands and doing your own thing - the proverbial virus was out of the lockdown bag, before Sunday's load of waffle and ambiguity, at least for about 500 people in Hyde Heath anyway.
Ah see where my house is in kent,the spitfires fly over all the time,you can hear them long before you see them,so no need to risk death standing with a group of "plandemic" types.Yes they actually exist.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I watched Boris last night and didnt feel it was concise enough, strong enough or had enough details for me to make my own decisions. So I resolved to wait for more details.

Now after seeing the horse shit played out in parliament and realising that he didnt say anything of note last night becuse they hadnt fully formulated a plan, I am even more concerned that we again seem to be chancing our arm and trying to do a bit of this and a bit of that and ultimately doing fuck all of anything.

They want the economy running, that's plainly clear because they cant afford this to go on for much longer so what they have done is effectively told people that if they have to leave home to work, they should be encouraged to do so and put their life at risk at the same time. So that means all those who have bravely sucked it up and isolated for the last 5 or 6 weeks will have to go back to work and potentially start respreading the virus we worked so hard to break the back of... its utterly irresponsible

We're still losing 100's and 100's of people every day to this... is that now the normal economic trade off so that the economy can start to compete again?

I am not going near any fucker for a long while yet becuse believe it or not it doesnt matter how much money is in my or the tax man's pocket, you cant buy another second of time with cash if your time is up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I watched Boris last night and didnt feel it was concise enough, strong enough or had enough details for me to make my own decisions. So I resolved to wait for more details.

Now after seeing the horse shit played out in parliament and realising that he didnt say anything of note last night becuse they hadnt fully formulated a plan, I am even more concerned that we again seem to be chancing our arm and trying to do a bit of this and a bit of that and ultimately doing fuck all of anything.

They want the economy running, that's plainly clear because they cant afford this to go on for much longer so what they have done is effectively told people that if they have to leave home to work, they should be encouraged to do so and put their life at risk at the same time. So that means all those who have bravely sucked it up and isolated for the last 5 or 6 weeks will have to go back to work and potentially start respreading the virus we worked so hard to break the back of... its utterly irresponsible

We're still losing 100's and 100's of people every day to this... is that now the normal economic trade off so that the economy can start to compete again?

I am not going near any fucker for a long while yet becuse believe it or not it doesnt matter how much money is in my or the tax man's pocket, you cant buy another second of time with cash if your time is up.
I think simply the difference between countries like greece,sth korea,china,france,spain is that they dont offer advice,they have given instruction.For right or wrong a government should lead not advise,you dont have grey areas,it either applies to you or it doesnt,how do you know if it applies to you when its "we encourage people to go back to work",,they may as well have said do what you want and take your chances its up to you. Pussyclaad.....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

But could they afford to go on? If they were to scrap all the tax loopholes, prosecute the fuck out of all their mates holding their cash in offshore (British) tax havens, repatriate the wedge and tax it fairly that would give them a nice bit of loot. If they were to fairly tax the big corporations and tell companies like Starbucks, Amazon, Google, Facebook etc. that saying the HQ is in Bongobongoland or Ireland don't make no difference and they have to pay their tax or stop trading, that would provide some wonga. If they scrapped that fucking daft vanity project HS2, that would provide a nice chunk of change. Then they could bring in a Universal Income system, everybody gets say 10 grand a year and anything they earn top of that is taxed. People could chose to survive on the minimum or go out to work and earn some proper money.

I expect I will be called a Marxist for that suggestion, but that would show that the cunts who call me that do not understand and are just insulting me randomly - the facists! That was supposed to be a joke by the way, not the tax and Universal Income, I think that is a triffic idea. When I was younger and even more politically active I went to see one of my heroes, Tony Benn, give a speech about that stuff. He was a great man. Really Intelligent, caring, not perfect, but a million percent better than any of the so-called leaders of today. My mum used to say he was a dirty commie, and that was a great recommendation, for me - she didn't even like Fidel!