By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Covid 19 Lurgy

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think simply the difference between countries like greece,sth korea,china,france,spain is that they dont offer advice,they have given instruction.For right or wrong a government should lead not advise,you dont have grey areas,it either applies to you or it doesnt,how do you know if it applies to you when its "we encourage people to go back to work",,they may as well have said do what you want and take your chances its up to you. Pussyclaad.....
I've not been hyper critical of the administration until now because let's face it no cunt knew how to deal with this... we've theorized and modeled it but until it arrives tou simply dont know what tou are facing.

I genuinely believe that our goveremnt fell into the age old trap of fighting their last battle as opposed to fighting their next one.

Countries that did well, you could argue went in harder without knowing the full facts. Our government and the US to an extent went the other way (I believe as a result of lessons learned from the last swine flu pandemic) and chose to review current evidence as a way of tackling the pandemic without crippling the already fragile and shrinking economy. This approach now seems to have been the wrong one and it's clear the wrong lessons were learnt.

This latest "message" (messages usually convey some information) does nothing to enhance the picture and is akin to the blond combovered whopper in the states making another bigly, great announcement.

We were behind other countries so we did have the opportunity to view what seemed to be working and follow it. We didnt and the plan was impotent and failed.

We're still in that situation and it transpires that other countries "R" rates are on the march again which will lead to a second spike in the infections and deaths. We still havent learned from their mistakes.

Buch of cunts.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
But could they afford to go on? If they were to scrap all the tax loopholes, prosecute the fuck out of all their mates holding their cash in offshore (British) tax havens, repatriate the wedge and tax it fairly that would give them a nice bit of loot. If they were to fairly tax the big corporations and tell companies like Starbucks, Amazon, Google, Facebook etc. that saying the HQ is in Bongobongoland or Ireland don't make no difference and they have to pay their tax or stop trading, that would provide some wonga. If they scrapped that fucking daft vanity project HS2, that would provide a nice chunk of change. Then they could bring in a Universal Income system, everybody gets say 10 grand a year and anything they earn top of that is taxed. People could chose to survive on the minimum or go out to work and earn some proper money.

I expect I will be called a Marxist for that suggestion, but that would show that the cunts who call me that do not understand and are just insulting me randomly - the facists! That was supposed to be a joke by the way, not the tax and Universal Income, I think that is a triffic idea. When I was younger and even more politically active I went to see one of my heroes, Tony Benn, give a speech about that stuff. He was a great man. Really Intelligent, caring, not perfect, but a million percent better than any of the so-called leaders of today. My mum used to say he was a dirty commie, and that was a great recommendation, for me - she didn't even like Fidel!
In terms of the politics I am still to formulate what I believe would work best... I think if you work hard and have skills you should be rewarded. I also think if you are a lazy double cunt you should get the bare fucking minimum... but equally there are cunts at either end of the spectrum who exploit poorer cunts and will become exponentially richer than the majority.... I just want a fair deal for everyone. Dunno what that's called. I probably need to read more.

In terms of shutting our market to those huge crops, wouldn't it damage us further? Having zero money as opposed to a pittance is worse? I agree it's a serious fucked system, but surely it's another step up from the Brexit benefit of the banks fucking off so we dont have industry in the city. Same principle applies dont it, if we fuck off other huge money making machines...

Canary Wharf will become a fucking wasteland of Armani suit wearing tramps...

I think we do need to be tougher with big business and make them pay. If that's transferred to the consumer so be it, they will have to pay for their chocalocalatefrapachino or not have it.

Either way after this were all proper fucked for a good 20 years.... without even thinking about Brexit dividends were due to receive on top.

Scary times to be a youngster starting out in life....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've not been hyper critical of the administration until now because let's face it no cunt knew how to deal with this... we've theorized and modeled it but until it arrives tou simply dont know what tou are facing.

I genuinely believe that our goveremnt fell into the age old trap of fighting their last battle as opposed to fighting their next one.

Countries that did well, you could argue went in harder without knowing the full facts. Our government and the US to an extent went the other way (I believe as a result of lessons learned from the last swine flu pandemic) and chose to review current evidence as a way of tackling the pandemic without crippling the already fragile and shrinking economy. This approach now seems to have been the wrong one and it's clear the wrong lessons were learnt.

This latest "message" (messages usually convey some information) does nothing to enhance the picture and is akin to the blond combovered whopper in the states making another bigly, great announcement.

We were behind other countries so we did have the opportunity to view what seemed to be working and follow it. We didnt and the plan was impotent and failed.

We're still in that situation and it transpires that other countries "R" rates are on the march again which will lead to a second spike in the infections and deaths. We still havent learned from their mistakes.

Buch of cunts.
Yeah but! The Cygnus exercise of 2017 warned them and they took no notice. They DID know the country was not prepared for a pandemic. There's a lot of stuff about Cygnus online but the three main points for me are, the conclusion it came to:

“The UK’s preparedness and response, in terms of its plans, policies and capability, is currently not sufficient to cope with the extreme demands of a severe pandemic that will have a nationwide impact across all sectors,”
The second point is that Matt Hancock lied in an LBC interview. Of course he didn't actually lie, what he said was:

“I asked my officials to go back when this first came up in the press a few weeks ago and check that everything that was recommended was done and that’s the assurance that I got,”
Yeah, lying bastrad.

The third point, for I shall count only to three and not procedeth to four is that the report is being kept secret:

In a response to a freedom of information request, the Department of Health claimed that the report needed to be kept secret so as to inform policy development.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
In terms of the politics I am still to formulate what I believe would work best... I think if you work hard and have skills you should be rewarded. I also think if you are a lazy double cunt you should get the bare fucking minimum...
I agree and that is exactly what a universal basic income system would allow.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah but! The Cygnus exercise of 2017 warned them and they took no notice. They DID know the country was not prepared for a pandemic. There's a lot of stuff about Cygnus online but the three main points for me are, the conclusion it came to:

The second point is that Matt Hancock lied in an LBC interview. Of course he didn't actually lie, what he said was:

Yeah, lying bastrad.

The third point, for I shall count only to three and not procedeth to four is that the report is being kept secret:
There will be another "Chilcott'esq" public inquiry, that will take circa 10 years to finalise and by that time the peoples indignation will have cooled....

It's all fucking rigged mate, it does make you think what's the fucking point... why not fuck it all off, go to a little Greek island, buy a conoe and a guitar and just live our your days best you can.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I agree and that is exactly what a universal basic income system would allow.
What I struggle with is that every cunt has value and can contribute... pick up fucking litter... clean dog shit up, dredge rivers...

That 10k should be earned, I dont think anyone should get a completely free ride, it's why we're fucked with generations of cunts who have never ever worked and have no intention of doing so.

Fuck sake I mean (no disrespect to them) how fuking hard is it to be a posty and deliver letters... it teaches self worth imo.

If people cant drag their arses out to do a job and contribute then I dont think slumming it on 10k should be an option... I dont want them starved and dead but not contributing is not an option IMO.

And of we dont teach kids that contributing is the minimum you can do you will breed more and more leeches on society as we have right now....

Maybe this should be in the politics thread....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'm enjoying reading this......far more interesting and enlightening than talking about the virus. That's been done to death (excuse the pun) and no-one is very much the wiser. For example - what happens if it mutates? Shit happens, that's what.

I'll chuck in my tuppence tomorrow. Good stuff chaps, thanks, helps keep you sane.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If anybody feels like congratulating that conman who lives at number ten, or letting him off for the thousands of extra unnecessary deaths he has caused and will continue to allow, have a read of what he said on the 2nd February:

..we are starting to hear some bizarre autarkic rhetoric, when barriers are going up, and when there is a risk that new diseases such as coronavirus will trigger a panic and a desire for market segregation that go beyond what is medically rational to the point of doing real and unnecessary economic damage, then at that moment humanity needs some government somewhere that is willing at least to make the case powerfully for freedom of exchange, some country ready to take off its Clark Kent spectacles and leap into the phone booth and emerge with its cloak flowing as the supercharged champion, of the right of the populations of the earth to buy and sell freely among each other.
And here in Greenwich in the first week of February 2020, I can tell you in all humility that the UK is ready for that role.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't know why everyone is so confused about the UK's new system, it's very obvious really

• Do not travel anywhere unless you are going somewhere
  • Stay home unless you are going out
  • Go to work if you are not able to work at home, but stay at home if you are going to work
  • Do not go to work on public transport, but if you do do, sit facing away from everybody else, that won't protect you but why not?
  • Do not let any of your relatives into your home, but if someone is buying it then that's fine
  • Do not visit your ageing parents unless you are buying their home
  • Go and play golf with one person who does not live with you but do not let them into your garden
  • Do not wear a mask unless you want to, it would be a good idea if everybody did, but you don't have to
  • Soon you will need to go into quarantine if you return to the UK, but only if you travel by air and not from France or Ireland of course
  • If you do not heed the 2 meter distancing rule the police have no powers to enforce that
  • You can drive as far as you like to exercise or meet one person from another household, not to Wales or Scotland because they are not run by idiots
  • If the R number goes above one, you will never know because we just make up a number
  • The threat level will now be on a nice new chart, it's currently at 4 which means there is a significant chance you will die, but go back to work anyway

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fucking Americunts.

A fucking disease that's killing people all over the world and the fucking americunts are worried about their research and data being stolen. Any fucking information, research, data, tests - any fucking thing that could help the fucking World should be freely available to every research organisation in the world . Fuck them very much and fuck any cunt who wants to do a 'great trade deal' with them or buy any of their shit or visit their fucking cess pit of a fucking shithole country. Oooh, they make me cross - can you tell?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Fucking Americunts.

A fucking disease that's killing people all over the world and the fucking americunts are worried about their research and data being stolen. Any fucking information, research, data, tests - any fucking thing that could help the fucking World should be freely available to every research organisation in the world . Fuck them very much and fuck any cunt who wants to do a 'great trade deal' with them or buy any of their shit or visit their fucking cess pit of a fucking shithole country. Oooh, they make me cross - can you tell?
That epitomizes that symptoms of the problem within the world today.
It's about money. Greed..
Whoever finds a vaccine first AND patents it, wins.
It's about the patents.

This is what researchers have told me.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That epitomizes that symptoms of the problem within the world today.
It's about money. Greed..
Whoever finds a vaccine first AND patents it, wins.
It's about the patents.

This is what researchers have told me.
It's not just money, it's political power. That arsewipe trump would not think twice about withholding a vaccine from countries that don't toe the line.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
How do we feel about a health cert?

From The BBC...
UK discusses Covid-19 'health certificate'
This could be one topic asked about in the government briefing that's about to begin.

An antibody test, which is expected to be rolled out across the UK, could lead to "some kind of health certificate", UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's official spokesperson said earlier today.

The test, which can determine whether people have been infected and now might now have some immunity, has been approved in the EU and US - and now by health officials in England.

The spokesperson said: "We have talked about, in the future, the potential for some kind of health certificate related to whether or not you have antibodies."

But they stressed more information was needed on immunity and coronavirus "to better understand the potential of the test".

The World Health Organization has warned governments not to issue so-called "immunity passports" or "risk-free certificates" as a way of easing lockdowns.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
How do we feel about a health cert?
I would be very against this.

There is no evidence that previously infected people are immune and if they are for how long.

There is no evidence that shows previously infected people cannot still transmit the virus

Folks would actively try and catch the fucker to get their certificate, they would be licking door knobs all over the place risking death for themselves and raising the risk for others

It would give the Little Englander thugs more victims to abuse and assault - they need victims to survive and the uncertifcated would become the new Irish, gay, European, Chinese etc., etc., etc.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Not just the respiratory issues that can kill you, also blood clots too.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
UK infection rate going up.

Will explode if this 'relaxation' isn't brought back under control sharpish!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The emerging inflamatory disease that kids are developing post Covid seems to be a serious concern.... I know the numbet of cases are small but kids dying, when we initially thought they simply carried as opposed to suffering symptoms.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The west.....
Does seem to be pretty fucked at the minute.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fucking Americunts.

‘Yes we can .......’ oh that was in better pre Trump times

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

What’s the research and rationale behind it? Any idea? Nope nor me - they say it’s Care home deaths. Who the fuck knows

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

How can you relax something that was so fucking relaxed it was in a coma? Our lockdown has been 'relaxed' in Spain, but it is still 200% tighter than that wanker Johsnson's. While Liz Truss is giving away Little England to the lunatic in the USA Bozo is talking bollocks, lying and doing fuck all, while that cunt Davies deliberately fucks up the Brexit negotiations so they can have their payday with the no deal they always wanted - that's where the money is, for them.

Anybody who believed the R rate was under 0.5 in the UK when Germany are balancing a number around 1 needs a fucking reality check. Oooh what a surprise now they say it has gone back up to 1 in the UK. Clueless, leaderless and fucking hopeless.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
How can you relax something that was so fucking relaxed it was in a coma? Our lockdown has been 'relaxed' in Spain, but it is still 200% tighter than that wanker Johsnson's. While Liz Truss is giving away Little England to the lunatic in the USA Bozo is talking bollocks, lying and doing fuck all, while that cunt Davies deliberately fucks up the Brexit negotiations so they can have their payday with the no deal they always wanted - that's where the money is, for them.

Anybody who believed the R rate was under 0.5 in the UK when Germany are balancing a number around 1 needs a fucking reality check. Oooh what a surprise now they say it has gone back up to 1 in the UK. Clueless, leaderless and fucking hopeless.
Need strong leadership like The Scots have had with Sturgeon.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
What’s the research and rationale behind it? Any idea? Nope nor me - they say it’s Care home deaths. Who the fuck knows
Not just care homes.

The rise in the figures is thought to be driven by the virus spreading in care homes and hospitals.

I'm no expert though, so as you so eloquently said, fuck knows.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
My boss asked me today "what would you need to go back to work".... apparently the answer "a vaccine" wasnt what he was expecting....

I aint going fucking anywhere for a good while yet.

I'm fortunate enough that I can work from home but a large proportion of my job is considered face to face and I have to physically inspect shit....

So, the can continue to Skype me and send me images.... fuck going anywhere just yet.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Covid-19 vaccine on the way thanks to the tobacco plant?

(Reuters) - World’s No.2 cigarette company British American Tobacco said on Friday it was ready to test its potential COVID-19 vaccine using proteins from tobacco leaves on humans, after it generated a positive immune response in pre-clinical trials.
MAY 15, 2020 / 1:04 PM

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I am worried for you chaps back in Blighty and my family trapped there. I spoke to a friend yesterday who seemed to think that it was nearly all over. The schools were going back, pubs were selling takeaways and everybody was flocking to the beaches because the lockdowns had been eased. Reading in the news that Sunak and other ministers who are supposed to be protecting you want it eased quicker and faster - because of the economic damage.

We are still locked down reasonably tightly here, masks are compulsory in public places and wherever you can't maintain a 2m distance outside, no travel outside of your region, very strict rules for non-food shops - you have to queue ( maintaining distance ) then tell the man in the mask, while wearing your mask what you want and he goes and gets it and no non-residents or citizens allowed into the country, anyone arriving has had to self-isolate since the start.

Now to be very morbid, the last seven days death rates of the two countries:

1590228307122.png

That does not look like the UK has got C19 under control to me.. OK, 36 per million is not a huge number, but tell that to the families of the 2395 people who have died over the last week. People in the UK are dying at more than 3 times those in Spain - and your government wants you all to go back to work and send your kids to school. Personally, I'd tell them to fuck off.

Stay safe, fuck being alert, stay home.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I am worried for you chaps back in Blighty and my family trapped there. I spoke to a friend yesterday who seemed to think that it was nearly all over. The schools were going back, pubs were selling takeaways and everybody was flocking to the beaches because the lockdowns had been eased. Reading in the news that Sunak and other ministers who are supposed to be protecting you want it eased quicker and faster - because of the economic damage.

We are still locked down reasonably tightly here, masks are compulsory in public places and wherever you can't maintain a 2m distance outside, no travel outside of your region, very strict rules for non-food shops - you have to queue ( maintaining distance ) then tell the man in the mask, while wearing your mask what you want and he goes and gets it and no non-residents or citizens allowed into the country, anyone arriving has had to self-isolate since the start.

Now to be very morbid, the last seven days death rates of the two countries:

View attachment 1205

That does not look like the UK has got C19 under control to me.. OK, 36 per million is not a huge number, but tell that to the families of the 2395 people who have died over the last week. People in the UK are dying at more than 3 times those in Spain - and your government wants you all to go back to work and send your kids to school. Personally, I'd tell them to fuck off.

Stay safe, fuck being alert, stay home.
They are being told to fuck off... and I work for them.....

Sully cunts.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We (England) got this wrong from the start. I’m being a bit lenient because there weren’t and still aren’t any rules BUT there is now plenty of evidence - see above and elsewhere about the right way to proceed, and processes to adopt.. we still seem incapable of recognising the bigger picture and keeping the death rate to the minimum.

ultimately a ‘deal’ or balance will need to be struck with the population and the virus about what is and isn’t acceptable. I reckon it’s the same relationship that we currently have with flu and pneumonia, which wipes out about 20,000 Typically elderly people a year between November and March. If we add C19 to that cocktail not sure what the number might be next winter. As Stalin said 1 death is tragic 1 million is a statistic....... Tough times all round.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We (England) got this wrong from the start. I’m being a bit lenient because there weren’t and still aren’t any rules BUT there is now plenty of evidence - see above and elsewhere about the right way to proceed, and processes to adopt.. we still seem incapable of recognising the bigger picture and keeping the death rate to the minimum.

ultimately a ‘deal’ or balance will need to be struck with the population and the virus about what is and isn’t acceptable. I reckon it’s the same relationship that we currently have with flu and pneumonia, which wipes out about 20,000 Typically elderly people a year between November and March. If we add C19 to that cocktail not sure what the number might be next winter. As Stalin said 1 death is tragic 1 million is a statistic....... Tough times all round.
Spot on.... however I now think you need to work into the equation the elderly and chronically Ill...

People who live double shit lives will now be at way more risk than those who dont. This might not just sinply double the annual seasonal death toll but it could tripple/quadruple (it's simply guess work at the minute) it until we develop some kind of mystical herd immunity ( winter happen for 5/10 years) or until they find a vaccine that works to limit the impact of this virus on the elderly and chronically Ill.

Tough times, tough decisions for people to keep sitting on their fat arses or walk and exercise a bit more lay ahead.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Spot on.... however I now think you need to work into the equation the elderly and chronically Ill...

People who live double shit lives will now be at way more risk than those who dont. This might not just sinply double the annual seasonal death toll but it could tripple/quadruple (it's simply guess work at the minute) it until we develop some kind of mystical herd immunity ( winter happen for 5/10 years) or until they find a vaccine that works to limit the impact of this virus on the elderly and chronically Ill.

Tough times, tough decisions for people to keep sitting on their fat arses or walk and exercise a bit more lay ahead.
But if I walk or go out to exercise I am faced with sweaty wankers that run too close and breath all over me, fuck that for a game of soldiers. I'm quite happy doing my shift, avoiding customers (whos' brains fall out of their arses once they enter a shop) and pottering around the house doing odd jobs.