By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Covid 19 Lurgy

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Apologies for going off topic but this Covid thing has destroyed my business, so I'm fed up with talking about it.......Two almost interestings relating to Australia's nasties.. When we were on our way there via multiple stops on Aeroflot and Garuda airlines to get a cheap flight ticket, our last stop was in Singapore. We visited a National geographic place on Sentosa island where it detailed the worlds deadliest animals for humans, all of them live happily in Australia (apart from hippo's) snakes, spiders, jellyfish, sharks, the lot. One of them, when we went back with our first daughter aged 3, we seem to have forgotten about or missed at the time, because doing a bit of rock pooling on Balmoral beach, we scooped a blue ringed octopus into the little red bucket meant for small crabs. Luckily we showed a local our new prized possession and he quickly advised to get rid of it before it killed us. Apparently they're not friendly at all.

Those Aussie Surf life saving blokes must be hard as nails though. With only a pair of red speedo's to protect them they do these iron man events, swim for a mile or more, bike along way and then run a marathon. One event off Manly beach when they were all splashing about one day got shortened qite quickly when a school of Hammerheads wanted to join in. Apparently the spotter planes hadn't noticed them. Bunch of nutters in the first place if you ask me.....the blokes not the sharks.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Apologies for going off topic but this Covid thing has destroyed my business, so I'm fed up with talking about it.......Two almost interestings relating to Australia's nasties.. When we were on our way there via multiple stops on Aeroflot and Garuda airlines to get a cheap flight ticket, our last stop was in Singapore. We visited a National geographic place on Sentosa island where it detailed the worlds deadliest animals for humans, all of them live happily in Australia (apart from hippo's) snakes, spiders, jellyfish, sharks, the lot. One of them, when we went back with our first daughter aged 3, we seem to have forgotten about or missed at the time, because doing a bit of rock pooling on Balmoral beach, we scooped a blue ringed octopus into the little red bucket meant for small crabs. Luckily we showed a local our new prized possession and he quickly advised to get rid of it before it killed us. Apparently they're not friendly at all.

Those Aussie Surf life saving blokes must be hard as nails though. With only a pair of red speedo's to protect them they do these iron man events, swim for a mile or more, bike along way and then run a marathon. One event off Manly beach when they were all splashing about one day got shortened qite quickly when a school of Hammerheads wanted to join in. Apparently the spotter planes hadn't noticed them. Bunch of nutters in the first place if you ask me.....the blokes not the sharks.
Aplogies for going off topic? Nah, mate, I love it when a thread wanders, we're too cool here to worry about rules and stuff innit?

Balmoral is nice, we used to live there, in Botanic Road. We had a real stroke of luck, I was pissed off with the flat we were living in and popped into an estate agent who asked if I minded something without aircon and in need of modernisation. So off we toddled to Botanic Road. All the other houses were multi-million dollar pads and then there was this great old style house, tatty, tired but huge character, 2 bedrooms, front and back gardens backing onto woodlands, really old fashioned kitchen, 100 yards from Balmoral beach! We signed the lease then next day, it was farking brilliant and we could actually afford it. Freezing fucking cold in the winter, gaps in the floor boards where funnel-webs got in, a ginormous blue tongued lizard used to wander in and out every day, Mrs D got bitten by a whitetail spider in the garden- that was nasty, the doctor said it was good that she was alive as they didn't have any anti-venom for those bastards! We were there for nearly three years and it was great. Those blueys are beautiful aren't they? Deadly, very, very deadly, but stunning colours, I saw some in the bay there but of course didn't pick them up!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EhfNTEoXsAAOxY3

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Aplogies for going off topic? Nah, mate, I love it when a thread wanders, we're too cool here to worry about rules and stuff innit?.....

@Dorset
I'm shocked and quite frankly appalled by the blatant lies that are fundamentally embedded within the walls of this forum..
I have been clicking the link at the bottom of this page to access what is claimed to be ..
Golf Forums UK - The UK's best Golf discussion Forum

DL redesigned NWHL quicker..with an illeadged cheese room. I will indead be back in a month or two to check if a flagerent disreagard has been make to my intelect. I expect nothing less than chatter of Tiger's balls on my return..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Handoncock on telly the other day - 'It is very clear, we have simplified the rules so everybody understands them, you cannot meet with more than six people' - waaaaaaannnkkker! That would make seven people and you would get busted by the Rule Of Six Police. I wonder if they think that the 'Rule Of Six' makes them sound like fucking Jedis or clever people.

Funny at PMQs when Bozo thought Sir Kier had fucked up and meant competence when he said the government couldn't even manage a basic level of incompetence. Nope, he said what he meant and it was true.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fucking Tories eh? They just can't stop lying. This is what a Tory per Lord McColl said,

“The reason the high mortality in the UK is because the majority of people are obese, and the population is the densest in Europe and moreover is the travel hub of Europe.​
“Blaming the Government for the high mortality is therefore one of the most despicable allegations I’ve heard in this pandemic.​

Wow, just wow. The population of the UK is NOT the densest in Europe, just taking the size of the country and diving by population does not tell you the population density. In the UK, like every other country in the fucking World most people live in cities and the UK has nowhere near the highest density in cities.

Obesity is also around the same as all the other countries in Europe - so fuck off you lying Tory cunt, in fact all the unelected Lords in the parody of democracy that exists in the UK can fuck off and take that woman who lives in the big house at the end of the Mall with you.

Blaming the government for the high mortality is just telling it like it is, it is the truth, a fact, something Tories and Brexit wankers don't like.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Shut the pubs at 10 - that'll stop Covid!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
A thousand retards protesting in Trafalgar Square this afternoon, demanding the right to infect anybody they like. Posters with 'My body my choice', calling the disease that has killed over 950,000 people Worldwide a hoax, spewing that bullshit about 5G and Bill gates. The Police say they 'may arrest demonstrators', fuck that, bang the lot of them up together in a special no-distancing, no Covid precautions prison and they can prove their point. Cunts.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
i cannot understand those idiots who are not taking it seriously. I work in Pharma and have seen and read the devastation this illness can cause to normal fit people.

protecting others is not an attack against your rights as a human

however, some good news from my current project. This antibody treatment could be a game changer (apologies for it being the daily bigot)

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
We're the same over here. A small percentage of young people just dont care and are organising rave's in parks and rural areas around the country.
I'd say 80% of people are wearing masks indoors, but it should be alot more...but these are the same people who give out about everything....they refuse to pay water charges but want clean water. They refuse to pay for bin charges, so they dump their rubbish...they refuse to pay taxes, but want the state to pay everything for them.
Dont get me wrong, there are some plain ignorant cunts that just think they're above all this too. There really needs to be alot more in terms of enforcement by the police. I dont see why in certain circumstances, they cant use the army to help out...they do fuck all else! We're definitely heading for another lockdown unless there's a major U turn in attitude but unfortunately I think I'll be waiting.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The real issue is the goverments horse shit messaging... they have the tools to repel or slow this as they've shown. We effectively reduced infection rates to 0.5/0.6 very fast.

But they contrive to fuck it up at every opportunity by saying..... stay in and go out if you must go out, but if you have to go out dont go out out unless you're a key worker and then you get an hours uninterrupted shopping, but the pubs must close at 10 but not if you’ve eaten out to help out and if you can wear a mask you must but not if you don't want to, fuck it.

Oh and look at these graphs that are made up.... they show a percentile exponential growth curve (as every percentil exponential growth curve will do to infinitum) until every person on the planet is infected twice and everyone is dead 3 times over (because the hospitalisation and mortality curves are similar).

Honest to fucking God (don't believe in that cunt but fuck it),they literally couldn't have got this more wrong.

It looks like we're going to have to live with this for a good few years yet and I think the elderly are going to be sacrificed to this disease.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The stupid warnings from the tame UK scientific advisers yesterday was very irritating. Saying that if measures are not taken then the number of cases could increase to the levels seen in Spain and France are fucking useless. How may tests have been done? The only relevant comparison is how many positive tests per 100 and that has to be using the same testing criteria - are they testing all people or only people with symptoms, are they using PCR, antibody or antigen tests, are the tests retests on people previously diagnosed, are the tests being done in areas with known outbreaks, how long does intake to get the results (so, how current are the data) . I fucking hate kippers and custard comparisons!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The stupid warnings from the tame UK scientific advisers yesterday was very irritating. Saying that if measures are not taken then the number of cases could increase to the levels seen in Spain and France are fucking useless. How may tests have been done? The only relevant comparison is how many positive tests per 100 and that has to be using the same testing criteria - are they testing all people or only people with symptoms, are they using PCR, antibody or antigen tests, are the tests retests on people previously diagnosed, are the tests being done in areas with known outbreaks, how long does intake to get the results (so, how current are the data) . I fucking hate kippers and custard comparisons!
Its horse shit mate, even my tiny brain can see their "modeling" is flawed... you cant keep adding a percentage infinitely because at some point you hit 100%.... there aint no more people above 100% unless were gonna start infecting the unborn.... or..... fuck me, I've just nailed their angle....!!!

Past the 100% barrier.....THE DEAD ARE GOING TO BE REINFECTED...!

This is the shit I have been waiting for... i have watched all the zombie movies and series I can, read loads of dystopian books, so I am ready to fulfill my destiny...!!!

I just need a shooter (i think a spear too but like a home made cool one) and a catchy cool name to be known by....

Oh and a decent stock of my gout meds because if I get a flare up while tackling a zombi hord, I'm gonna be pretty fucked to be honest. So yeah.....
  • Shooter (silenced obvs).
  • Cool spear thing.
  • Catchy cool nickname.
  • Gout meds.
Brilliant.... get out partying this weekend you brainless cunts because Monday morning im smashing your Brain's right out of your skulls...!!!

0ef5ed1386f3fc60eef3cba2bd118974.gif

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Marksman rifle
Samurai Sword
Acquire a helicopter and fly it to an oil rig

For those who have read the Zombie Survival Guide :)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The cunts are out in Trafalgar Square again today. Flat earther's, Covid deniers, Anti-vaxxers, 5G conspiracy theorists, Brexiters - all retarded wankers. I remember Polio, my mate had polio and he's fucking dead, kids don't get polio now - because of vaccines you stupid fucking cunts. This cunts are spreading Covid all over the place because they don't give a flying fuck about anybody except themselves, they should be charged with manslaughter if anybody dies because of their stupid little tantrums.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The cunts are out in Trafalgar Square again today. Flat earther's, Covid deniers, Anti-vaxxers, 5G conspiracy theorists, Brexiters - all retarded wankers. I remember Polio, my mate had polio and he's fucking dead, kids don't get polio now - because of vaccines you stupid fucking cunts. This cunts are spreading Covid all over the place because they don't give a flying fuck about anybody except themselves, they should be charged with manslaughter if anybody dies because of their stupid little tantrums.
Keep them all together, kettled up and wait for Covid to do its thing.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
"News that Britain’s ‘world-beating’ Test and Trace system is being run on Excel has been met with shock and despair today."

Not only are the incompetent wankers using fucking Excel, which is fucking ridiculous, they were using it very fucking stupidly - a column per case instead of rows . There is a limit to around 16,000 columns in a fucking spreadsheet, rows will allow just over a million I think.

12 million quid of taxpayers money was pissed up the wall on the first failure of a system, fuck knows how many more millions have been given to their donors and mates to provide this spreadsheet. World beating? These crooked cunts need locking up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So it begins,we had one case 1st oct,then another case traced to this,then 2 new cases,then another,and now not even 2 weeks later another 3.Doesnt sound many 8 cases active,but on an island of 4,500,thats a high %.Last plane left yesterday,thank fuck,maybe they can get a grip on it now no more will be imported.
If it carries on doubling every couple of days wont be long before shit hits the fan on an island with no hospital.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
So it begins,we had one case 1st oct,then another case traced to this,then 2 new cases,then another,and now not even 2 weeks later another 3.Doesnt sound many 8 cases active,but on an island of 4,500,thats a high %.Last plane left yesterday,thank fuck,maybe they can get a grip on it now no more will be imported.
If it carries on doubling every couple of days wont be long before shit hits the fan on an island with no hospital.

Stay Safe

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate I don't need to tell ya but stay the fuck away from people... theyre cunts, selfish, stupid, ignorant, cunts...!!!

If they quarantine now for 2 weeks they they'll contain it... if they alow people to behave like cunts it will run riot.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The islanders are reasonable but vulnerable.
Now that the tourists are gone, hopefully those infected will follow protocols & all will settle down.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well, We're all on full lockdown here as of 9pm in the hope that we can have some sort of a Christmas this year..
I travel around the country in my job and I would safely say at least 15/20% of the public just don't give a fuck. Or they're so fucking thick that they dont get the concept of "other people".

It's exasperating....

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Well, We're all on full lockdown here as of 9pm in the hope that we can have some sort of a Christmas this year..
I travel around the country in my job and I would safely say at least 15/20% of the public just don't give a fuck. Or they're so fucking thick that they dont get the concept of "other people".

It's exasperating....
Interesting to hear from someone who's still getting about during all this. We're all so huddled down in our separate seclusion zones we don't really know what the fuck is going on.

Don't know where exactly you travel, but do you see any regional variation? Or is it just a consistent 80% scared, 20% freedom fighter (ahem) wherever you go?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Interesting to hear from someone who's still getting about during all this. We're all so huddled down in our separate seclusion zones we don't really know what the fuck is going on.

Don't know where exactly you travel, but do you see any regional variation? Or is it just a consistent 80% scared, 20% freedom fighter (ahem) wherever you go?
I'm classed as an essential worker so that's why I can get about. The border counties like Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan are in a bad way. But to be honest, the whole country is fairly riddled at the moment.
It's more like 80% scared, 10% are the "I'm not wearing a mask I have rights' brigade. And the remaining 10% are people who just dont get it....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
While conspiracy theories swirl...

I think this is morher natures way of resetting the ballance.

We have encroached so far into the habitat of other animals that we've been exposed to germs and bacteria that happily lived in those ecosystems undisturbed for centuries.

Our parasitic nature of consuming and expanding has exposed us to these foreign organisms and they have fought back to protect their natural environment.

As a species we have used our huge arrogant brains to extend the lives of our species to unnatural limits. To the point where we're seeing an epidemic of old age riddling society with Dementia, Alzheimers and other age related illnesses that threaten to swamp our health care system and have created an entirely new booming industry in "care".

Just 100 years ago the life expectancy for men was 58.8 years. In 2011 it had risen to 79.3 years. Womens had risen from 60.6 years to 83.6 years over the same period.

In under a century we had added almost a 3rd onto our life expectancy. The planet and its finite resources cant support that type of rapid growth. It usually takes millenia for ecosystems to change and adapt.

Coupled with an overall increasing birth rate right up to the late 60's, this has created the perfect petri dish for the situation were now living through.

This virus is mainly attacking those over 60 years old with the risk increasing exponentially the further over that number you get.

We have created this virus, but not in some shady Chinese goverment lab. We've fucked with mother nature and given her the recipe to fix the problem... Humans.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
While conspiracy theories swirl...

I think this is morher natures way of resetting the ballance.

We have encroached so far into the habitat of other animals that we've been exposed to germs and bacteria that happily lived in those ecosystems undisturbed for centuries.

Our parasitic nature of consuming and expanding has exposed us to these foreign organisms and they have fought back to protect their natural environment.

As a species we have used our huge arrogant brains to extend the lives of our species to unnatural limits. To the point where we're seeing an epidemic of old age riddling society with Dementia, Alzheimers and other age related illnesses that threaten to swamp our health care system and have created an entirely new booming industry in "care".

Just 100 years ago the life expectancy for men was 58.8 years. In 2011 it had risen to 79.3 years. Womens had risen from 60.6 years to 83.6 years over the same period.

In under a century we had added almost a 3rd onto our life expectancy. The planet and its finite resources cant support that type of rapid growth. It usually takes millenia for ecosystems to change and adapt.

Coupled with an overall increasing birth rate right up to the late 60's, this has created the perfect petri dish for the situation were now living through.

This virus is mainly attacking those over 60 years old with the risk increasing exponentially the further over that number you get.

We have created this virus, but not in some shady Chinese government lab. We've fucked with mother nature and given her the recipe to fix the problem... Humans.
Oh dear.

In some remote areas folks have encroached into the habitat of critters, but mostly the critters have been wiped out, so no that ain't it.

Hello, are you Dominic Cumiings or Dr Mengele? - 'lives extended to unnatural limits', more people have been given the chance to live as long as the rich folks used to, that is done to good water and medicine and is not 'unnatural'.

Virusses are not 'foreign' organisms, they have been around since day one (or three),much longer than us humans maybe god loves them more than us? Yeah, OK, the sky fairy if it did exist doesn't give a fuck about anything.

Nope, it is not mostly attacking us old fogeys, it is infecting all age groups but like any disease, the older you are the harder it is to recover.

Virusses have always thrived in areas of dense population, I believe the plague was quite a popular one even when the world was not as over-populated as you think it is. There were 'plagues', viruses 2,500 years ago in China, 1500 years ago in Athens, Rome 1800 years ago, etc. etc., hundreds of the fuckers - the most recent big one was in 1918.

The big difference these days is in my opinion, which of course is the correct opinion, is that travel is more available to the masses and of course that turns what would have been localised epidemics into pandemics.

These are not the 'end times' and we ain't no different to the human beans who were around a few thousand years ago, we are only a micro-second into our evolution in universal terms. This virus is just a virus and would have spread as it has even if they were double the amount of folks living on the planet, unless they all stayed home of course. Maybe instead of investing all our money in weapons, fucking useless high speed trains and expanding the already over-expanded air traffic routes, the money was spent on less dense housing and improved health and hygiene for the poverty stricken majority there would be fewer pandemics and eugenicists would shut the fuck up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
2 of the 5 cops here tested positive today,the rest are isolating,police station closed for disinfecting.Not sure thats the wisest press release ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid