By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

THST - Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
In post #58 above, Jonathan Waite was present, October 2018, Very sad. The team wore black armbands against Chelsea.
there we also 2 ex-players who died recently and another member of staff,so said commentator

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I read that it was Jonathan Waites funeral last Wednesday 19th.....just before Arsenal’s. perfect send off for Jonathan RIP.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Stadium gets rave reviews in biggest survey of Spurs fan opinion

7/30/2019

Picture

The new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been rated a hit by a stunning 95% of fans who responded to the annual survey of fan opinion carried out by the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. This year over 4,300 fans, the most to respond in the survey’s six-year history, gave their views on a range of issues from ticketing to TV scheduling to national campaigns. But it is the positive response to the new stadium that catches the eye.

While the Club made much of putting the fans at the centre of its plans for the new ground, it’s safe to say plenty were sceptical about whether what would be delivered would be what fans wanted, and whether it would feel like home. With 95% of respondents saying they were satisfied with the fan experience, there can be no doubt that the Club succeeded on both counts. There are, inevitably, some areas that need to be improved – particularly around stewarding.

It’s possible the new stadium has been embraced so warmly because people were so tired of Wembley – only 52% of fans were satisfied with our first season there, and the long and uncertain wait during last season didn’t create more love – but even so, a 95% approval after just seven games needs no further qualification.

There’s more on exactly what fans love about the stadium, plus how it is changing match-day habits, in the full results of the survey which we’ve published in an illustrated booklet. And we’ll be taking a deeper look at the results in this and other areas, and what they mean, over the next few days in a series of stories on our website.

We also asked about ticket allocation and pricing, both home and away, and looked at what One Hotspur members expect from their membership. The answers make interesting reading. Dissatisfaction with ticket pricing and the removal of cup credits from Season Tickets remains high, away ticket allocation continues to divide opinion, and the need for the Club to address the issue of ticket availability for members is demonstrated more strongly than ever. More in our ticketing story later this week.

One other eye-catching finding was that 81% of those who answered our survey said they had been inconvenienced by games being moved for live broadcast. When eight out of 10 members of your customer base say they are facing problems because of the way a commercial deal works, surely even the football authorities have to concede there is a problem? Especially when those customers are a key part of the ‘product’ being sold. We’ve said for some time the TV tail is wagging the football dog, and these latest findings are further evidence of that.

We also asked about match day atmosphere – it’s also rated highly in the new ground but there are some puzzling findings on the subject of visual displays of support. More later this week, along with fan views on national campaigning work, and of course how the team and the Club’s owners have performed this year. And there’s some quite encouraging feedback for us at the Trust too.

All the findings from our survey are used to inform the work we do during the year. That work can be done more effectively if more people join. If you’re not a member, joining is one click away. If you are, please pass the link on to at least one non-member.

Look out for stories on the stadium, ticketing, the team and the Club, and national and international issues affecting fans in the coming days. You can read the full set of survey results below.

THST Board
30 July 2019

thst_annual_fans_survey_2019.pdf
Download File

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Still trying understand what the other 5% thought

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Amazing how they never bring up the flawed loyaly point scheme

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Amazing how they never bring up the flawed loyaly point scheme
I dont know how it could really be run differently?i have seen the arguments and solutions proposed on twatter,the main unfairness is in the continued buying for games not attended to earn the points IMO.Whats the answer to that,ID on tickets?.In fairness to the trust they did ask for clarity on away tickets for premium/comp for players/staff etc,which is a shocking.I would guess non attendance could easily be checked through access card use,but then again others frequently use others cards.It will always be a flawed system whatever they choose.

the Club confirmed that a maximum of 12.5% of tickets for away games went to Premium members, with a small number going to Academy players, staff, sponsors and partners etc. which varied only marginally game to game. DMC explained this was the rough breakdown for every away game, with c 85% of tickets going to General Admission Season Ticket holders

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I dont know how it could really be run differently?i have seen the arguments and solutions proposed on twatter,the main unfairness is in the continued buying for games not attended to earn the points IMO.Whats the answer to that,ID on tickets?.In fairness to the trust they did ask for clarity on away tickets for premium/comp for players/staff etc,which is a shocking.I would guess non attendance could easily be checked through access card use,but then again others frequently use others cards.It will always be a flawed system whatever they choose.

the Club confirmed that a maximum of 12.5% of tickets for away games went to Premium members, with a small number going to Academy players, staff, sponsors and partners etc. which varied only marginally game to game. DMC explained this was the rough breakdown for every away game, with c 85% of tickets going to General Admission Season Ticket holders

I suppose so...I guess I am just bitter because a) I lost all my LOYALTY points and b) I like over 80% of ST holders will never get an away ticket.

For me they should change the way they allocate tickets....But that will never happen

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I suppose so...I guess I am just bitter because a) I lost all my LOYALTY points and b) I like over 80% of ST holders will never get an away ticket.

For me they should change the way they allocate tickets....But that will never happen
It will just take time,i noticed we sold all 1500 olimpiacos tickets and about 700 turned up,where the club can act is making sure people not attending personally dont get the points.Its one reason i dont agree with the £30 away ticket cap,just encourages people to buy and if you dont sell the ticket on ah well its only 30 quid for 3pts,as long as they still get the emirates ones eh!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
It will just take time,i noticed we sold all 1500 olimpiacos tickets and about 700 turned up,where the club can act is making sure people not attending personally dont get the points.Its one reason i dont agree with the £30 away ticket cap,just encourages people to buy and if you dont sell the ticket on ah well its only 30 quid for 3pts,as long as they still get the emirates ones eh!

£30 Something the trust pushed for....funny that. Should be a ballot for all..thats fairest...or have a cap on away games you can attend

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty, some of these people have surely earned it., but they need to enforce via our own travelling stewards an ID check to stop tickets being resold and where/when caught a loyalty point deduction. That would stop the practice and eventually filter down. in addition 10% of the allocation could be balloted on a free for all to ST holders with fewer points. That would also improve the distribution.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty, some of these people have surely earned it., but they need to enforce via our own travelling stewards an ID check to stop tickets being resold and where/when caught a loyalty point deduction. That would stop the practice and eventually filter down. in addition 10% of the allocation could be balloted on a free for all to ST holders with fewer points. That would also improve the distribution.
Then us members would complain at not being in the ballot!!

End of the day everyone wants the system that gives them a ticket,the ones propping up their status by selling tickets and keeping points is the real injustice in the system.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Then us members would complain at not being in the ballot!!

End of the day everyone wants the system that gives them a ticket,the ones propping up their status by selling tickets and keeping points is the real injustice in the system.

Ballot gives more chance tho !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

2. Away fans in home areas
It’s becoming a regular occurrence, particularly after European home games, to get complaints from fans about away supporters in home areas. We know it’s a part of football that fans try a variety of methods to see their team, and we know Spurs fans have in the past bought tickets in home areas of grounds where we play away so they can see their team. But we also recognise the issue fans at our new stadium have had with large numbers of away fans congregating in home sections, in colours, and supporting their side at European games particularly.
We raised the issue with the Club again after the Olympiacos game, and particularly emphasised the growing perception that many stewarding staff take a softer line with away fans in home sections than they do with home fans over issues such as persistent standing.
The Club told us that the Olympiacos fans who had gained entry to home sections had mostly done so on single tickets at various entrances, and then congregated in the Upper North Stand. The game hadn’t sold out and the top of that stand had again been identified, as it had been by Red Star fans, as a soft area to assemble. Some were stopped on entry, while 46 were ejected on the night. Others were allowed to remain in their seats after a risk assessment.
We were told stewards are briefed to stop away fans entering home areas but this seems to be another example of what is happening on the ground not matching the briefing given by senior staff. We have numerous reports of stewards shrugging fans in when they are obviously away fans. And we’ve made that point strongly to the Club.
We also asked about the ticket sales process. Tickets were only available to One Hotspur members and Season Ticket holders for the Olympiacos game, with date-based restrictions imposed so that only people who had been members before the group stage draw was made could purchase additional guest tickets for this match, on the advice of the SAG. Whilst date restrictions can help in these circumstances, the Club believes many of the tickets that ended up in the hands of away fans are likely to have been extra tickets purchased by members registered on the database before the cut off or local fans with ties to Olympiacos.
They are currently tracing where tickets confiscated from Olympiacos supporters originated. Individuals found to have sold tickets to away fans will be banned indefinitely, as was the case after the recent Red Star Belgrade match. We’ve asked the Club to look at the how to stop people rebuying memberships after they have been cancelled, accepting that this is a tricky issue facing every club.
We’ve made the point very directly that fans are expecting to see an improvement at future games and that robust measures need to be in place for the Round of 16 match early next year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Starting to feel what good comes from this?a lot of "Levy" speak from the trust,"membership proposition",fans pay for a membership to feel closer to the club"...what nonsense,its for ticketing and season ticket waiting list (or at least it was).And this campaign to get games broadcast for season ticket holders only,just perpetuates the i`m a greater fan than thou,when infact its just the priviledged protecting the priviliedged,same as with away tickets.Watch a stream,get iptv its there already,sorry but not sorry this lot have to deal with what the majority of the fanbase experience every matchday..What next free beavertown and a sausage roll delivered to your house at half time cos you`re missing out.I have a lot of time for the work they do for free,but they are going a bit vichy/quisling in the face of enic.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
as the Club’s own analysis shows, for the vast majority it’s to “support” their Club and to feel a connection with it,"
Yeah right, of course that's why I used to put £50 a year into Levy's skyrocket. Fuck off eh, just fuck off.
The Club has worked hard recently to boost the elements of the package that are not access to tickets by including partner discounts and other incentives, by prioritising access to Club experiences, and by offering discounts on Club merchandise.
Yeah right, like charging double the price for shirts then giving a generous 10% off. Fuck off, just fuck off.
If the Club offered a deferral option, it could realistically be losing over £5m in renewal fees at a time when finances across the game are under pressure.
Yeah right. £5m is fuck all to THFC, less than fuck all, that is less than half what NDobby gets a year. Fuck off, just fuck off.

I know I jacked my membership in years ago and I'm not likely to ever renew it, but I did pay for a few years and I resent my fellow fans being fucked up the backdoor by Levy. The highest ticket prices in the world, massive incomes from TV, a huge property portfolio earning them a huge wheelbarrow load of cash - and they want to squeeze more out of the fans. Fuck off. Just fuck off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah right, of course that's why I used to put £50 a year into Levy's skyrocket. Fuck off eh, just fuck off.
Yeah right, like charging double the price for shirts then giving a generous 10% off. Fuck off, just fuck off.
Yeah right. £5m is fuck all to THFC, less than fuck all, that is less than half what NDobby gets a year. Fuck off, just fuck off.

I know I jacked my membership in years ago and I'm not likely to ever renew it, but I did pay for a few years and I resent my fellow fans being fucked up the backdoor by Levy. The highest ticket prices in the world, massive incomes from TV, a huge property portfolio earning them a huge wheelbarrow load of cash - and they want to squeeze more out of the fans. Fuck off. Just fuck off.
Its almost like they claim credit for letting Levy try to make even more money out of fans.
Nice bit of spin,90% of STHs renewed,or you could say 5,000 didnt.Also the fact the club owed them all more than the £200 they had to pay to keep it,pretty sure that kept the numbers up.