By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Summer 2018)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ok so I know it's still winter and one transfer window has only just closed, but having watched Llorente struggle last night to link up with team mates and create much against a mid League 2 defence, I wonder what we're doing with him as our 'back up' striker.

So who would be a better option in the Summer and are people like Rashford out of the question? Mourinho has signed a new contract and signed Sanchez. They needed a goal the other night, he used three subs and none of them were Rashford (injured?). It's a long shot, but worth a bid? What about Tammy Abraham at Swansea? Is he still a Chelsea loanee? who do we have coming through the ranks?.....I'd play and I think so would Poch, any of these young players if they were at the club. Let's find one or even two, because unless they're the two I've mentioned above, they are not going to cost very much. There are players out there - Richarlison and Doucoure at Watford for example, not strikers in this case but players that are examples of great value for money, so strikers must exist as well. We can't do any worse than what we have currently?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Whoever we buy or don't buy, he won't be as good as the bloke we should have bought or he will be great because we didn't buy him. Berahino, why did Levy not just splash the few quid it needed to buy him? What a wanker he has turned out to be.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Whoever we buy or don't buy, he won't be as good as the bloke we should have bought or he will be great because we didn't buy him. Berahino, why did Levy not just splash the few quid it needed to buy him? What a wanker he has turned out to be.
Agreed and I thought at the time he would be a good buy. I really should just find a comfy armchair and realise that we know less than nothing about what really goes on behind the scenes. I'll just pay my cash and turn up and trust the magic Poch who's judgement seems very sound!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I mean, I've love to have Bale at Spurs again. I think he's got a few good years left, but I really can't see Real Madrid selling him, let alone us affording him.

I guess maybe we give them Sissoko in a swap deal. That sounds fair.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I mean, I've love to have Bale at Spurs again. I think he's got a few good years left, but I really can't see Real Madrid selling him, let alone us affording him.

Sisoko is our most capped player player this season... no way will Bale get in ahead of him.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

There has been a huge run of bets on him coming back next season.
Odds have been slashed considerably.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I mean, it'd not be unwelcome, I don't even see it being unfeasible him moving. I just doubt as it being us as the destination. Remember, I think every year since I've been alive Liverpool have been better odds to win the league than Spurs... sure a few big bets coming in are interesting, but it's doubtful to be guaranteed. Maybe someone put similar money on United as well. Who knows.

Would be quite the welcoming gift to the New White Hart Lane though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He is injured for half the year.... Every year....

You think if his frail body can't cope with that nancy foreign muck he'd cope with a rainy Wednesday night at Stoke?

Better overall options out there IMO.... And in our youth set up...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There has been a huge run of bets on him coming back next season.
Odds have been slashed considerably.
I get a bit suspicious about townies, those bastrads coming down here and bothering the beasts, bastards. Suspicious they makes me I tells ya..

The other thing I get suspicious about is football odds. When huge media companies are also bookmakers they have the ability to control the market. Sky is a big fuck off media corporation, fingers in print media, online news and all sorts of skullduggery, they could make a serious amount of wedge by just hinting that Bale was on his way back. When we get those very silly transfer odds appearing in every single transfer window I get suspicious, but I get suspicious about a lot of things, I am sure the postman is coming in and hiding my slippers when I am not looking and that bloke who dresses all in black and wanders around the village talking to people, he makes me very suspicious, dodgy bloke with his collar on backwards, suspicious.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
From various media

Tottenham 'plot shock move for Manchester United star Anthony Martial' as contract talks stall

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Pogba will be available.... Would he run and run and run if Poch told him to?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pogba will be available.... Would he run and run and run if Poch told him to?
no thanks,he is midfields ballotelli,huge ego with limited ability

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
no thanks,he is midfields ballotelli,huge ego with limited ability
He has proper ability.... Its juts how he is employed and his attitude... Both things Poch could potentially fix and churn out a cut price superstar.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He has proper ability.... Its juts how he is employed and his attitude... Both things Poch could potentially fix and churn out a cut price superstar.
Maybe,only seen him at united,he looks nothing special for mourinio in what he is done or asked,if he went for 90m how much would eriksen be worth?
Weird he left as a kid cos they wouldnt pay him 30k a month (offered him 10k as an 18yr old),went to juve and then back as a record signing with huge wages,maybe i am judging him on what he cost,but hasnt been worth it IMO,probably leave again making the whole united pogba saga just surreal.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
There's no doubting his price tag is mental but they are all mental now. As you say Dele and Eriksen produces twice as much so should be twice as valuable.

There is a great player in there though its just a shame that he has believed his own hype and is content on being paid as a superstar but not remembered or revered as one.

Like I said... Get his head straight and playing in a system to suit him and he could be world class. That's all on him though and it seems he is yet to want to be remembered as a great.

Give him Kane's approach to football or sons, or Trips or Davies.... And you have a worldie.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham are planning a summer move for 20-year-old Sheffield United forward David Brooks. The Premier League club hope to agree a deal worth about £10m for the Wales international.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There's no doubting his price tag is mental but they are all mental now. As you say Dele and Eriksen produces twice as much so should be twice as valuable.

There is a great player in there though its just a shame that he has believed his own hype and is content on being paid as a superstar but not remembered or revered as one.

Like I said... Get his head straight and playing in a system to suit him and he could be world class. That's all on him though and it seems he is yet to want to be remembered as a great.

Give him Kane's approach to football or sons, or Trips or Davies.... And you have a worldie.
You might be right, but he currently earns about £15m a year and why do you think Juventus sold him if the potential was so great? I'm 50:50 on him at best. Would be surprised if we ever saw him in a Spurs shirt.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You might be right, but he currently earns about £15m a year and why do you think Juventus sold him if the potential was so great? I'm 50:50 on him at best. Would be surprised if we ever saw him in a Spurs shirt.
Mate I don't want him in one... But there's no doubting if he brought into Pochs philosophy and trusted what he was told, he could become the world beater he thinks he already is. There is nothing to convince me he ever would prescribe to this way of thinking but if he did... He could be something special.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ben Mee being linked today £20m for the burnley CB.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Just watching Zaha for Crystal Palace. For the life of me I cannot understand why we are interested in him. He’s ordinary. Very bloody ordinary.

With goals and assists he is level pegging with shoot em up townsend.. Says it all really!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I have never rated him... I'd wager me and the Poch share that opinion.

Levy however probably sees a profit.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
How do we see a profit on Zaha. He's going to cost way more than anyone wants to spend on him... And I can't see his value going up more than any potential over payment.