By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch winter 2018

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
@skiathospurs and Don.... unrelated but if you havent seen Thor Ragnarok.... It's funny as fuck

Thor: I really wish I had my hammer.

Korg: A hammer?

Thor: Quite unique. It was made from this special metal, from the heart of a dying star. And when I spun it really fast, it gave me the ability to fly.

Korg: You rode a hammer?

Thor: No. I didn’t ride the hammer.

Korg: The hammer rode you on your back?

Thor: No, no, no. I’d spin it really fast, it would pull me off—

Korg: Oh my god, the hammer pulled you off?

Thor: The ground! It would pull me off the ground up into the air and I would fly.

Korg: Sounds like you had a pretty special and intimate relationship with this hammer, and that losing it was almost comparable to losing a loved one.

Thor: That’s a nice way of putting it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The end is nigh for Mousa.....from BBC Sport website

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is on the brink of completing an £11m move to Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan. The Belgium international, 31, is out of contract in the summer and has not played for Spurs since injuring his ankle against Wolves in November.

Chairman Daniel Levy is keen to trim players from manager Mauricio Pochettino's squad. Striker Vincent Janssen is also likely to leave during the January window.

Dembele has made 243 Premier League appearances in total, scoring 12 goals and making 12 assists, having joined Spurs after two seasons at Fulham in 2012. He has 80 caps for Belgium and was part of the squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Netherlands international Janssen, 24, has scored just two goals in 28 Premier League appearances since joining from AZ Alkmaar in 2016 and spent last season on loan at Turkish club Fenerbahce.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is on the brink of completing an £11m move to Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan. The Belgium international, 31, is out of contract in the summer and has not played for Spurs since injuring his ankle against Wolves in November.

Chairman Daniel Levy is keen to trim players from manager Mauricio Pochettino's squad. Striker Vincent Janssen is also likely to leave during the January window.

Dembele has made 243 Premier League appearances in total, scoring 12 goals and making 12 assists, having joined Spurs after two seasons at Fulham in 2012. He has 80 caps for Belgium and was part of the squad that finished third at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Netherlands international Janssen, 24, has scored just two goals in 28 Premier League appearances since joining from AZ Alkmaar in 2016 and spent last season on loan at Turkish club Fenerbahce.
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

I reckon Dembele has probably had to say to Poch he just isnt up to the task anymore. Couldnt see us actively looking to get rid of him when we are still in 4 comps. Fair play to him though. He has been immense for us over the years.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I reckon Dembele has probably had to say to Poch he just isnt up to the task anymore. Couldnt see us actively looking to get rid of him when we are still in 4 comps. Fair play to him though. He has been immense for us over the years.
out of contract end of the year,is he going to play much?probably not now sissoko has emerged,winks,dier,skipp,wanayama i can understand taking the money and freeing a spot to register another player,even if its only Janssen.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
It’s almost the perfect result for Dembele and the club. We got his absolute best football and will recoup a decent fee given his age and waning talents. Dembele gets a golden handshake via the Chinese.

I wish him the best and feel privileged to have seen his immense talents for so long in a Spurs shirt.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
out of contract end of the year,is he going to play much?probably not now sissoko has emerged,winks,dier,skipp,wanayama i can understand taking the money and freeing a spot to register another player,even if its only Janssen.

Yeah spose so although I don't class wanyama as a player anymore. He's never going to be fit again flip sake. Just seems a bit pointless to me for the sake of 9-11 mil if we could be in with a shout of some trophy action. Alot of games to come. Probably just that I love the guy though.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Yeah spose so although I don't class wanyama as a player anymore. He's never going to be fit again flip sake. Just seems a bit pointless to me for the sake of 9-11 mil if we could be in with a shout of some trophy action. Alot of games to come. Probably just that I love the guy though.

He’s pretty much cooked mate. I love him too but the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Dont say it mate.... think it in weak moments maybe, but never say it...!!!

I think it might have been the semi-final of the World Cup and he came on for Belgium when I started to have real reservations as to how much the great man had left to give. Frankly I have never seen him play so badly and whilst it was one game, his injury history suggests that the end may come very quickly at this level. At his best, Dembele would glide past opponents whilst he was in 1st gear...now it seems he is working harder than ever to have the same impact (when he is fit enough to play).

I can recall when the great Adam Gilchrist decided to retire from the Australian cricket team. He was actually still playing well enough to hold his spot but dropped an absolute sitter in a test match. He turned to whomever was fielding at first slip (possibly Mark Waugh) and said, "I'm done." He just knew at that moment that he was not the player he used to be and wanted to go out on his own terms. He retired after that match.

I suspect Mousa feels the same way and that the Chinese league presents him an opportunity to top up his retirement fund.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm willing to bet that they are not all Poch requested transfers as well.
Also helps we sold around £69m in academy players,did someone ask why have an academy earlier!!But not many make as much profit as we have,saints I would take to be a huge exception.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Also helps we sold around £69m in academy players,did someone ask why have an academy earlier!!But not many make as much profit as we have,saints I would take to be a huge exception.
Chelsea and City possibly? One thing I do like about Klopp is he trusts his younger players in the same way that Poch does. the Wolves FA Cup game was evidence of that. Shame about the result!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Chelsea and City possibly? One thing I do like about Klopp is he trusts his younger players in the same way that Poch does. the Wolves FA Cup game was evidence of that. Shame about the result!
He plays one academy player trent arnold,he made sweeping changes for the cup not using many academy players,the young centre back who came on as sub is a purchase.He has bought some younger players,gomez,robertson,but i dont see him trusting kids any more than Pep.Cheque book please is more how they roll.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
eh eh !!
Klopp: "We already have problems. I saw Chelsea v Tottenham with both benches full, full squads, lucky them."

Wanker,do I really need to go through our injury list this season,or even who missed chelsea.If he was a genius or even a muppet he would realise lovren,matip as cover when you only have 2 decent CBs would come back and bite him.He has had 3 years to improve that area,yes he signed VVD for a world record fee,but other than that he is as myopic as wenger and like him couldnt organise a defence for mother teresa.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
eh eh !!
Klopp: "We already have problems. I saw Chelsea v Tottenham with both benches full, full squads, lucky them."

Wanker,do I really need to go through our injury list this season,or even who missed chelsea.If he was a genius or even a muppet he would realise lovren,matip as cover when you only have 2 decent CBs would come back and bite him.He has had 3 years to improve that area,yes he signed VVD for a world record fee,but other than that he is as myopic as wenger and like him couldnt organise a defence for mother teresa.

I don't mind him bitchin'. All he's doing is piling the pressure on himself and giving the players an excuse, which they will hopefully take!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
eh eh !!
Ha Ha.....

You're right of course, but need to bear in mind that he's just playing media games and really addressing the most myopic, self entitled supporters in the world. Clearly he knows his audience well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dwoa_ziXQAA56S8.jpg

I recommend clicking on it to read properly-

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fun fact, Physioroom currently has Lovren, VVD, Matip and Gomez all out
Shame!!Well I am sure whatever the merits of Dier and Davies,they are all capable of playing fullback and centre back (and midfield in Dier`s case),jan can play FB too,that means we have at least 3 credible fullbacks left and right and possibly 6 or 7 CBs when needed.That isnt pure luck,that is consideration and planning.
We havent seen it yet,but pretty sure Foyth could play DM,so even missing wanyama,dembele,dier,winks,there is a decent alternative in crisis.Wasnt always this way,Son playing LB,remember how that went.Its poor planning from Klopp to not have enough in defence,wenger was the same,its a blind spot to them,so busy trying to buy tricky wingers,AM they miss the obvious.Its not so unusual to have one or 2 CBs out,,the more you lean on the 2 left without a break,more chance they will get crocked too.They went into the season with Lovren out,that left them one spare,now they are relying on their academy,who knows they may strike it lucky,but all the money spent and not to have a few versatile players,poor management.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Pretty nicely sums up the silly season I think:

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Feel free to move this to the whopper area !!