By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Summer 2020/21

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Quote on sc about Mingey,
I'm not getting too excited quite yet. "He is on the plane right now", could just mean he is taking a couple of inches off a door.
😁

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tottenham remain interested in Valencia's Geoffrey Kondogbia as head coach Jose Mourinho looks to strengthen his struggling squad.

Spurs' chief scout Steve Hitchen is said to be a long-term admirer of the defensive midfielder and has continued to monitor his development this season.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
History tells us that we will bid low and inevitably fail.

We will end up with the options of:

A) Lower cost second rate options.

B) Fuck all.

#LevyOut

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If that figure is true, I'm very surprised we are willing to go that high (especially for another ACM).
Or, does that mean NDombele is on his way out?
He ain't going to work here mate...

He has had opportunities under 2 managers now to buckle down, make the right decisions, get fit and contribute.....

He has done fuck all of any value since his arrival.

I could see how the plan was shaping up as he could have filled the void that the real moose left when he went.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I love how we desperately need 4 CL quality defenders but we're constantly linked with midfileders and ACMs. Fucking Levy.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I love how we desperately need 4 CL quality defenders but we're constantly linked with midfileders and ACMs. Fucking Levy.

That's just it.

Mourinho wants to play 4-3-3
If there was one position that I feel will balance the side & greatly ramp up our performance, it's a DM.
Having someone to not only shield the defense & win / cut out balls but be the linchpin, thus transitioning the other way freeing up our other 2 mids & the FB's out wide. That beast in the midst would allow the others to do what they do best.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That new Korean bloke Kim Min-Jae is a defender - and his nickname is 'Monster'. The media say the Dippers want him as well, so we'll have to wait and see.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
That's just it.

Mourinho wants to play 4-3-3
If there was one position that I feel will balance the side & greatly ramp up our performance, it's a DM.
Having someone to not only shield the defense & win / cut out balls but be the linchpin, thus transitioning the other way freeing up our other 2 mids & the FB's out wide. That beast in the midst would allow the others to do what they do best.
I'd say Dier's signed his contract with the understanding that he'll have that DM role. Jose has always had that player in his teams whether it was Mikel, Makelele, or Matic. I'd be surprised if he didnt play 4-2-3-1 with Dier the anchor man..

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I'd say Dier's signed his contract with the understanding that he'll have that DM role. Jose has always had that player in his teams whether it was Mikel, Makelele, or Matic. I'd be surprised if he didnt play 4-2-3-1 with Dier the anchor man..

I'll be unhappy if Dier goes back to DM. He is a fine center back, but please not a holding midfielder.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Manchester City are close to agreeing a deal to sign Nathan Aké from Bournemouth. As Pep Guardiola accelerates a rebuild of City’s defence following an unsuccessful defence of their Premier League title, it is believed Aké will become a key recruit for a fee in the region of £35m.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I like Dier,but unless he can become more mobile I dont see him as DM.TBH he hasnt really had a spell uninjured or playing in 1½ seasons,could be match fitness,but hasnt looked sharp enough for me.Would be an immense benefit if he was,or could run like sissoko,good in the air,decent shot from long range,has a fairly good long diagonal out ball,but if you are front of the back 4 and nippy players speed past,just doesnt work.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eric Dier on #thfc head coach José Mourinho: "Mourinho has already been fantastic with me, putting his faith in me at centre-back, and it has been fantastic to work with him and on that position. I am really enjoying working with him, he is constantly pushing me."

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tottenham and Everton have been strongly linked to the 24-year-old, while Walker-Peters' loan move to Southampton has been warmly received of late, and a potential deal involving the two players could suit all parties.

However, despite the speculation surrounding Hojbjerg's future, Semmens insists that Saints are yet to receive an offer that would entice them to sell the midfielder.

And he also fired a warning to Spurs that they would not be hanging around until the end of the transfer window to get a deal done.

"We won't do that [wait until the end of the transfer window]," Semmens told the BBC.

"Pierre is committed to us and will stay here another year and play for us, he's very, very clear about that. If there's an opportunity for him then we'll all take it.

"But I think it's important to be clear on Kyle as well; we don't see these guys as things to be traded, it's not a game of FIFA. They're individual personalities with individual dreams of what they want, and therefore we see them as completely separate.

"Kyle's done a great job for us and if that turns into something more then great, but at the moment he's a Spurs player.

"I think to be fair to Pierre, it's a difficult situation for him. There's a club in the market that very much wants him, he's aware of that, he's waiting for that to happen - it's not happened. We haven't received a bit that is anywhere near our valuation."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member