By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world. Please note, if you are easily offended, this forum is not for you.

Join us!

Transfer Window Winter 21/22

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This is quite incredible if it turns out to be true ..

A free transfer and a token £10m fee if he plays 20 games. For a player who was once touted as a £100m player, that's a truly shocking fall.
A fucking free....

A FUCKING FREE....!!!!!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I’m hearing it’s staggered payments worth up to £40 million for Alli, that would be insane business by Dr Evil if true. I can’t see him letting Alli go for £10 mill, no way!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
I’m hearing it’s staggered payments worth up to £40 million for Alli, that would be insane business by Dr Evil if true. I can’t see him letting Alli go for £10 mill, no way!
Yes, I read £35 - £40 million

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Founding Member
I've just read that as well. I'd wager those targets are all very easy to hit as well - appearances, goals, league position maybe.

I suspect it's been structured like this to get it done super quickly and get him off the books.

Bentancur and Kulusevski have been announced.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yes, I read £35 - £40 million
Such a good bit of business, another year of him being shit and another year off his contract and we’d barely get anything for him.

I’m bordering on semi happy with how things have gone today, I know it’s not gonna happen but a late signing of Lamptey would maybe make me tip the scales to happy.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
There's talk of a fairly big deal happening involving the buying club being from London. Is it us pulling a rabbit with other clubs desperate? Or is it Spam buying Kalvin Phillips?

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Chelsea and Dembele? Where are you hearing this.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Hell, even 10 mil and off the books is decent. Wonder how much we purchased him for? If only there was a song about it. 🤔

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Random aside, why are we always so late to announce signings even after they're already done? Seems the selling team always announces before we do. It might not be a big deal, but it just makes us look slow on the draw and a bit uninspired. Or maybe I'm just looking for more reasons to hate Levy?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Conte analysed the squad and gave Paratici and Levy his thoughts. We are shifting the deadwood and beginning the rebuild, This is Levy backing the manager, backing the manager on realistic targets and when we fail to get a target (because a bigger club comes in) we have back up options.

The club are backing the manager, and it will be the same in the summer.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Conte analysed the squad and gave Paratici and Levy his thoughts. We are shifting the deadwood and beginning the rebuild, This is Levy backing the manager, backing the manager on realistic targets and when we fail to get a target (because a bigger club comes in) we have back up options.

The club are backing the manager, and it will be the same in the summer.
And it seems Levy has relented in a way: selling some players at a loss rather than hanging on to them & still paying ridiculous wages.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
And it seems Levy has relented in a way: selling some players at a loss rather than hanging on to them & still paying ridiculous wages.
This is the part I find interesting. A lot of the ITK's insist that he's no longer in control of transfers and that's completely down to Paratici now, so that would make some sense that the deadwood is finally getting cleared out, but you'd also assume that Levy has still given Paratici guidelines to work under at least ?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Have we made a loss on any players? Dele is a free but will be £10million I’ll after 20 appearance, he cost £5million.

Dembele has a option to buy for £54million which is a £9million loss, but not to bad in the grand scheme of things. The others are loans with wages paid.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
Not really holding out any hope for this but … ??

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Not really holding out any hope for this but … ??

Hasnt he been a locker room cancer everywhere he has been? Also on a (reportedly) 210k/week? Better be a loan and barca better be ready to cover half of it

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Hasnt he been a locker room cancer everywhere he has been? Also on a (reportedly) 210k/week? Better be a loan and barca better be ready to cover half of it
Not really keen on him but if Conte wants him AND can get him to buy in AND avoids his glass body injuries, I'm all for it.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
Those wages would likely be what scuppers the deal. The asking price is a very Levy-friendly £18m though.

Then there’s this ..

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I have to say, I do feel a bit bad for Lindgard. Guess it's better for us he didn't wind up at West Ham of Newcastle, but seems really unfair to him. Sounds like something Levy would do.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Have we made a loss on any players? Dele is a free but will be £10million I’ll after 20 appearance, he cost £5million.

Dembele has a option to buy for £54million which is a £9million loss, but not to bad in the grand scheme of things. The others are loans with wages paid.
Besides Ndombele, off the top of my head, Lo Celso has an option to buy (at a loss) plus we bought out Aurier's contract.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
Does look like that’s it for this window now. Moving Dele on is all that’s left.

Newcastle supposedly trying to hijack Everton’s deal with a loan offer so might go down to the wire.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Dele feels a bit sad. Would love to know what happened here. Was it his treatment by Mourinho or had he already began to decline under Poch.

It will be interesting to see if he begins To -reform under Lampard at Everton

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
I got the feeling the decline started when he changed agents. I think the whole 'aura', for want of a better word, around him being the next big thing went to his head.

Poch looked after him and let him get away with a lot as long as he produced on the pitch, which he seemed to be doing, but when the Cunt came in and almost immediately chose him as the player he'd rip the shit out of, i think Dele just couldn't be fucked from that point.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I got the feeling the decline started when he changed agents. I think the whole 'aura', for want of a better word, around him being the next big thing went to his head.

Poch looked after him and let him get away with a lot as long as he produced on the pitch, which he seemed to be doing, but when the Cunt came in and almost immediately chose him as the player he'd rip the shit out of, i think Dele just couldn't be fucked from that point.

Yep, the guy started to believe his own hype.

Doesn't work hard enough from what I see. Doesn't want to add more strings to his bow and improve his all round game.

It's sad. He could have been a world-beater.

T

Tottenhamlad

Player in Training.
Be interesting to see how we will line up in future matches on the basis of this transfer window. With really only having four pure center midfielders of Winks, PEH, Skipp, Bentacur I can see the formation being

5-2-3 as opposed to a 5-3-2 with Kane up top and him having two wingers either side.

Sanchez Dier Romero
Doherty PEH Bentacur Reguilon
Dejan Kul Kane Son

Maybe a 3-4-3 if you want to look at it that way.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yep, the guy started to believe his own hype.

Doesn't work hard enough from what I see. Doesn't want to add more strings to his bow and improve his all round game.

It's sad. He could have been a world-beater.
For me, he was kind of the face of the team under Poch when he was young. Pressed like a madman, had a bit of the needle about him, lots of swagger. Obviously that goal at Palace was his best, but used to love how he'd time his run to get on the end of those long diagonal balls from Toby especially. But you're right, the decline was plain for everyone to see, and if we're being honest, it started before he became the target of Mourinho's shit.
1643686435624.jpeg

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Kulusevski not only has skill but he's a beast & knows how to ride a tackle.

Rodri is like a primitive pit bull on steroids roaming the midfield for unwanted intruders.

They're going to be fun to watch.