By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Uk politics...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The last time I looked we were still in the EU. Companies don't move overnight, so if they have gone now they would presumably have been already thinking about it for years.
You ok pal.... it's been 2 fucking years.... they are gone and keep fucking going. Pull ya head out of ya arse for fucks sake. Facts are fucking facts.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Copied from a facebook post by Richard Matthews.
List of UK Companies that have been transferred to other countries using EU grants. Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn’t paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK.
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army’s new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX),gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs.
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, brought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU ‘regeneration’ grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it’s Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU.
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.
Name one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don’t even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.
I haven’t detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don’t even go there.
I haven’t mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.
Find something that’s gone the other way, I’ve looked and I just can’t. If you think the EU is a good idea.
1/ You haven’t read the party manifesto of The European Peoples’ Party.
2/ You haven’t had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don’t care.
Brexit means the dissembling stops and Westminster is held to account for the good and the bad on every decision. As it should be. No wonder the Camerons and Blairs are terrified at the prospect…”

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
List of UK Companies that have been transferred to other countries using EU grants. Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn’t paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army’s new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX),gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs.
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, brought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU ‘regeneration’ grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it’s Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU.
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.
Name one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don’t even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.
I haven’t detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don’t even go there.
I haven’t mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.
Find something that’s gone the other way, I’ve looked and I just can’t. If you think the EU is a good idea.
2/ You haven’t had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don’t care.
Brexit means the dissembling stops and Westminster is held to account for the good and the bad on every decision. As it should be. No wonder the Camerons and Blairs are terrified at the prospect…”
Philip Hammond was speaking very well on Radio 4 this morning and your post is a good defence of your views. There is of course an equal (or better) opposite argument, but it's maybe been done to death now. The way to avoid a 'No deal' Brexit seems sooner or later a postponement, so that everyone can come to their senses, or a free vote (non party lines) on a deal in Parliament.

After all the MP's are voted in to represent their people, not Corbyn or May and this is way bigger than those two, so let people, oooops MP's vote.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Brexit means the dissembling stops and Westminster is held to account for the good and the bad on every decision. As it should be. No wonder the Camerons and Blairs are terrified at the prospect…
Now this bit I totally agree with but the rest is just business doing what business does ie produce for as low as possible to sell high.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ohhhh..... Facebook says so.

Carol Cadawaller and any other reputable journalist may disagree.

If you are choosing to get your info from there and outlets like the daily mail, then there is literally no hope it taking sense to you.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
3/ You don’t care.
I’ll see your list of companies using EU grants to relocate and i’ll raise you the actual truth...

http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the-eu-does-not-fund-companies-to-move-jobs-out-of-the-uk/

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The last time I looked we were still in the EU. Companies don't move overnight, so if they have gone now they would presumably have been already thinking about it for years.
Look, I’m not trying to stir the pot but are you actually as stupid as you come across on here?

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I'm very proud to be a citizen of two countries with two PMs who really capture the Zeitgeist of both countries. A woman who votes against her own policies and claims victory and a guy who literally came into Parliament with a piece of coal and made kissy faces at it.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

And another one bites the dust. Nissan doing a runner citing "Brexit uncertainty." Well, that uncertainty didn't exist before you Brexit supporting ingrates decided you wanted out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47107561

How many jobs is this costing you? How much GDP? What is it doing to your global credibility? Businesses are running for the hills. Not your hills by the way. Other hills. All you Brexiteers will have succeeded in doing at the end of the day is destroy the fabric of your own society.

And you won't be managing your own trade relationships. The WTO will have to step in and do that for you. Plus, no more Mars bars.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
And another one bites the dust. Nissan doing a runner citing "Brexit uncertainty." Well, that uncertainty didn't exist before you Brexit supporting ingrates decided you wanted out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47107561

How many jobs is this costing you? How much GDP? What is it doing to your global credibility? Businesses are running for the hills. Not your hills by the way. Other hills. All you Brexiteers will have succeeded in doing at the end of the day is destroy the fabric of your own society.

And you won't be managing your own trade relationships. The WTO will have to step in and do that for you. Plus, no more Mars bars.

Idiots.
Thankfully it’s not costing any jobs mate, the factory remains and they’ll continue to manufacture other Nissan models there. This is just as much to do with falling sales of Diesel vehicles in the EU than Brexit. It wasn’t that long ago that we were told to buy Diesel vehicles and now those very vehicles will be liable for a charge due to the Ultra Low Emmissions Zone in Central London, imposed by Sadiq Khan which has caused a bloody headache for me as most of my work comes from transporting Art & Antiques in Central London. Oh well!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Thankfully it’s not costing any jobs mate, the factory remains and they’ll continue to manufacture other Nissan models there. This is just as much to do with falling sales of Diesel vehicles in the EU than Brexit. It wasn’t that long ago that we were told to buy Diesel vehicles and now those very vehicles will be liable for a charge due to the Ultra Low Emmissions Zone in Central London, imposed by Sadiq Khan which has caused a bloody headache for me as most of my work comes from transporting Art & Antiques in Central London. Oh well!!
Are we suggesting that the Muslim mayor of London is responsible for the extremely sensible policies that are trying to tackle air pollution and global warming? London is a teeny weeny bit of Europe. There is evidence of a young girl dying because of the poor air quality in one part of London. I'm sure that is replicated across almost all major European cities. It's a good move imo and I welcome the investment in modern electric tech to solve it.... Will that investment be in UK based countries with Our the option to export via free trade agreements with Europe..... Nope.

I'd buy a electric motor tomorrow..... if they costed a few quid less.....

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That’s not what Nissan are saying though mate. They categorically stated that the move from Sunderland to Japan is a direct result of Brexit uncertainty.

Brexit will ultimatey cost the UK hundreds of thousands of jobs. Most credible economists think so anyway.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Are we suggesting that the Muslim mayor of London is responsible for the extremely sensible policies that are trying to tackle air pollution and global warming? London is a teeny weeny bit of Europe. There is evidence of a young girl dying because of the poor air quality in one part of London. I'm sure that is replicated across almost all major European cities. It's a good move imo and I welcome the investment in modern electric tech to solve it.... Will that investment be in UK based countries with Our the option to export via free trade agreements with Europe..... Nope.
I'd buy a electric motor tomorrow..... if they costed a few quid less.....
Agreed mate, but it’s just fucking annoying when you’re told that Diesel vehicles are the future, so off the back of that you buy one and now I have to fork out thousands to either convert it to comply with current emissions or buy or rent something else. As you say mate, i’d happily go electric but they’re so bloody expensive.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
That’s not what Nissan are saying though mate. They categorically stated that the move from Sunderland to Japan is a direct result of Brexit uncertainty.

Brexit will ultimatey cost the UK hundreds of thousands of jobs. Most credible economists think so anyway.
I can’t believe i’m actually defending the Brexit angle mate, I think subconsciously i’m just trying to find any positives I can.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...e-than-brexit-behind-nissans-x-trail-decision

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I can’t believe i’m actually defending the Brexit angle mate, I think subconsciously i’m just trying to find any positives I can.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...e-than-brexit-behind-nissans-x-trail-decision
The headline is only a sound grab. The article is actually quite interesting. After reading, it seems to me that there are a combination of factors but that the Brexit negotiations being a complete shambles is tipping point for Nissan in this instance. The article states that Brexit comes at a bad time for car manufacturers.

Nissan has brokered an agreement between Japan and the EU. Nissan also manufactures in the UK to access the single market. Don’t be surprised if this is just a precursor to a wholesale exit.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. It is a good read.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think it’s Japan that has just done a huge trade deal with EU not Nissan? Nissan will just benefit from it. So ironically when we leave we then have to renegotiate a deal with our second biggest trading partner which could take many years....if it wasn’t true it would be hilarious

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I think it’s Japan that has just done a huge trade deal with EU not Nissan? Nissan will just benefit from it. So ironically when we leave we then have to renegotiate a deal with our second biggest trading partner which could take many years....if it wasn’t true it would be hilarious
Yes, that’s right. My wording was poor. That said, businesses will go to wherever conditions are more favourable. Nissan is moving production to Japan to take advantage of a trading arrangement with the EU.

The irony is just sad.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
The headline is only a sound grab. The article is actually quite interesting. After reading, it seems to me that there are a combination of factors but that the Brexit negotiations being a complete shambles is tipping point for Nissan in this instance. The article states that Brexit comes at a bad time for car manufacturers.

Nissan has brokered an agreement between Japan and the EU. Nissan also manufactures in the UK to access the single market. Don’t be surprised if this is just a precursor to a wholesale exit.

Yeah read it last night mate, the days of just reading headlines passed me by a few years ago, always used to get me into trouble. Clearly at the forefront is Brexit but I was more pointing out that they’ll still be manufacturing cars at that plant and jobs are safe, yeah and should’ve stated for the time being!

I guess it’ll all depend on what kind of deal we get, I can’t begin to fathom that we’ll end up with a no deal, I just can’t believe the people charged with running our country will allow us to leave with no deal, coz frankly that would be absolutely mental!! Although we must all remember that ‘we’ll be fine’ based on absolutely nothing!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
It's a bit iffy that this trade deal comes along just at the right time to enable the switch from UK to home based (Japan) employment, I thought these deals took decades to put together, that's what everyone keeps saying.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Yep a good read from the Graun, I like to get my news from lefty-newspapers like the Guardian, their articles are actually more than 280 characters and not delivered in a video from some facist nazi fuckwit shouting on Youtube, so they can provide a bit more in depth info and the things that Brexitards hate - facts.. I read the Telegraph for balance, because believe it or not I do try and get both sides of stories - though why there should be sides in the Brexit debate I do not know, surley this monumental fuckup is apolitical? Is that a word 'apolitical'? I think it means not political so why the fuck I said that instead of England talk making I am scoobyless.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yep a good read from the Graun, I like to get my news from lefty-newspapers like the Guardian, their articles are actually more than 280 characters and not delivered in a video from some facist nazi fuckwit shouting on Youtube, so they can provide a bit more in depth info and the things that Brexitards hate - facts.. I read the Telegraph for balance, because believe it or not I do try and get both sides of stories - though why there should be sides in the Brexit debate I do not know, surley this monumental fuckup is apolitical? Is that a word 'apolitical'? I think it means not political so why the fuck I said that instead of England talk making I am scoobyless.
I see the San Miguel has kicked in early today.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Oh so Donald Tusk the Polish PRESIDENT of the European Council , yeah had to change the avatar again as the picture was too big ( that you and I DIDNT , NOR COULD WE VOTE FOR , , NOR VOTE OUT OF OFFICE ) has said he hopes 17.4 m Brexiteeers Burn in Hell,
well if it gets us out of the unholy union , of Pratt’s like him , who think he any rights over how a sovereign state , who pays more in than we take out , well Donald , in under 6 weeks , when we leave on a WTO , cause the EU Is as ever , so inflexible , feck your 39bn divorce, and you and your country can make up the shortfall.
The last person who told us what to do was Obama, well feck him as well, you ain’t going to tell me and 17.4 what todo

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Oh so Donald Tusk the Polish PRESIDENT of the European Council , yeah had to change the avatar again as the picture was too big ( that you and I DIDNT , NOR COULD WE VOTE FOR , , NOR VOTE OUT OF OFFICE ) has said he hopes 17.4 m Brexiteeers Burn in Hell,
well if it gets us out of the unholy union , of Pratt’s like him , who think he any rights over how a sovereign state , who pays more in than we take out , well Donald , in under 6 weeks , when we leave on a WTO , cause the EU Is as ever , so inflexible , feck your 39bn divorce, and you and your country can make up the shortfall.
The last person who told us what to do was Obama, well feck him as well, you ain’t going to tell me and 17.4 what todo
Sigh... Rich that's not what he said at all, he was referring to the brainless "politicians" (you know, toffs and barrow boys who stand to make a mint from this bollocks) who lied, deceived and bent their way to a winning leave vote plus the fact they hadn't even considered IF they won the vote how they would go about leaving the EU.

Just to back this up...
"The EU’s frustration with Westminster erupted into the open as Donald Tusk warned of a “special place in hell” for politicians who promoted Brexit “without even a sketch of a plan”, just 24 hours before his crunch meeting with Theresa May in Brussels."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...hell-for-those-who-backed-brexit-without-plan

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Reading the NF Facebook page again?

This is getting fucking tiresome mate... just say you hate all foreigners and be done with it...

Or open your horizons a little and accept that you may be not entirely 100% right and read a little further afield than Facebook or Twitter.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
It's a bit iffy that this trade deal comes along just at the right time to enable the switch from UK to home based (Japan) employment, I thought these deals took decades to put together, that's what everyone keeps saying.
The moment the UK decided that it wanted to leave the EU the wheels would have been set in motion by any number of outside interests to take advantage of this.

Anyone with half a brain could see that there was enormous opportunity to cherry pick business (and other) opportunities by getting the fuck out of the UK (where practical) post the Brexit vote. The UK made itself non-competitive the moment it decided to leave.

And that is what those without any economic sensibility don't seem to be able to get their heads around.

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alisvet