By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Uk politics...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
100%, were fucked if we do and fucked if we dont... from my perspective its choosing the less harmful option (less fucked).

And that option is to rescind article 50, completely overhaul and reform UK politics as the current system is broken and not fit for purpose and then set about electing a new form of government who can then represent the people of this country's best interests domestically and internationally.

Racists, bigots and hedge fund managers will cry and whinge about not leaving Europe for a while and we may have some loonies do daft things but if we can get our country straight and then leverage with new exciting businesses to use us as a trading portal for Europe then I think it may only be 2 or 3 generations who have to eat rats and scavenge rich peoples bins.

Tonight's latest defeat for the government has to be one of the most damning ones ever. She couldn't win a fucking raffle. What this means now though is that MPs will have to vote on the inclusion of a No Deal Brexit (see 10 generations of rat eating kids).

Trouble is if MPs take no deal off the table, were fucked (again lol) as we will have no leverage to bargain with Europe. If they vote to keep no deal we will have the Hard Right lunatics frothing at the thighs about their precious Brexit and all the foreign labour that props up this country will be run out of town.
You have highlighted what I reckon is one of the big problems, "Trouble is if MPs take no deal off the table, were fucked (again lol) as we will have no leverage to bargain with Europe." - all the Brexit negotiations are seen, especially by the people who still believe, despite all evidence that the referendum was crooked, every promise a lie and the future of the UK and the EU will be poorer if this ridiculous act of self-harm goes ahead, those hard of thinking people see the Brexit negotiations as being a fight between us and them, when in reality 'they' are our friends, neighbours and allies not an enemy.

Several government ministers and facist ERG members have warned that voting against May's fuckup of a deal could lead to a second referendum and that would be a betrayal. How the fuck does that logic work? Folks were lied to, the Leave campaign was illegal, nobody had a scooby what leaving actually meant, none of the Sunderland voters who were Leavers because of the non-existent immigration problems in the North East realised they were voting to lose their jobs. The farmers who voted did not know that the promises they would get the same subsidies they do from the EU were lies, the people who voted to support the UK fishing industry did not realise that most of the UK fleet had sold their licences to EU companies and the few that remained British actually relied on exporting to the EU because fickle Brits will only eat cod and there are only about 6 of them fuckers left in the sea. Welsh voters, Cornish voters, North East voters and voters in economically fucked areas of Britain did not for some reason understand the development grants that come fro the EU were from Europe. Most of the voters thought that it was just them nasty Romanians who would be shipped out, not the huge army of staff in the NHS who kept me, them and their families alive. Obviously all the people who keep the shops, bars, hotels, farms, food industries, delivery networks etc........ would not be kicked out would they?

I have been watching Poldark and it seems to me that 21st century British politics is the fucking same kettle of fish. A 'star chamber' of wealthy nationalists and a handful of bigots from Northern ireland hold the government to ransom. The traditionally facist media like the the Mail and the Express whip up xenophobia and hatred, fucking idiots spread lies and bullshit from Facebook and Twitter - just like the rumours spread by the manipulative gentry amongst the peasants in Poldark. The so-called government , and the opposition are not representing the people they were elected to serve, they are representing their own interests, their party and the big-money sponsors of their parties. 18th century politics in 21st century Britain.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Do you think someone will eventually realise, that this isn't about Party politics (not the Grand National winner) it's about the good and financial health of the country and the people within it. The people that politicians are supposed to represent. How politicians in the shape of Jacob Rees-Mogg reresent any part of society is beyond me anyway but that's a different point.

These are the most important decisions since deciding in participation in major warfare and we are a rudderless ship with no effective captain, or lieutentant. We're a global laughing stock - it's an utter disgrace it really is.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Piers Morgan:

"Another absolute drubbing for Theresa May. Her Brexit plan is obviously dead as a dodo. But how in good conscience can she carry on as Prime Minister? She’s lost her vote, her authority, even her voice. Surely the only option left to her now is to resign?"

Can't stand the guy but it is hard to argue with that.
He is of course right, but more importantly we dont seem to have prepared for this scenario. I work in goverment and I cant see where the 4.2 billion for no deal preparations have been spent. There is no viable back up option that can respect the referendum result and give us a good deal.

If that is the case and there is essentially no good exit deal, we are left with the default 2 options which both tear the country apart.

Leave with no deal OR Rescind article 50 and dont leave.

They seem to be the inevitable options we are heading towards. The lay person may well say "ain't that the exact same scenario we had when we initially voted on the referendum the first time round"....?

Of course again, they would be correct. The difference now would be that people voting should be way better informed of the consequences. Of those 2 options. Of course you will have people that will bwligwrantly vote one way or another because out means out, or stronger together etc...

But the vast majority of people will be able to make a better informed choice and the way that this vote is policed and managed could be vehemently controlled to ensure shit cunts from both sides only present the facts.

There needs to be an independent fact checking service that controls all the things being said by politicians and the media so that normal folk can, if they read something go and check its validity and context.

Either way its gonna be a shit show of varying degrees. The choice now is how bigger shit show we attempt to deal with.

What I know categorically is that no one voted for this. No one voted for an utter embarrassment of a cluster fuck that has been hijacked by the left and right for their own selfish ideologies.

The people in the middle have been forgotten. Which is exactly why I think a new vote based on the initial question using the now known facts is imperative in order to move forwards.

I said I was going to stay out of this thread and politics in general. I cant help giveing a fuck though.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So that is that..... there will be no, no deal Brexit. My precious is gone, finito, not an option, Hasta la vista baby...!!!

What are the hard right going to do with their time now. What will Yaxlwy Lennon become now? Who will fund his businesses and his purchase of 5 bedroom houses now?

I jest........ a bit

What this does mean is that future negotiations are over, which means that the UK will have to adopt some type of deal that is at the mercy of Europe. That will mean a backstop in Ireland. Or immigration quotas. Or being treated as a 3rd country on trade deals..... or all 3 of them more likely. They will double fuck us now for everything they want as there is no threat of us turning it down. We're out of options. Leaving Europe will be nothing like the fair deal the moderates wanted or the hard deal the hard line wanted. It will be some pseudo leaving deal where they get everything they had and more and we get to be treated like cunts... I suppose if you behave like a cunt you should expect to get treated like one... comeuppance maybe.

Or.......... we wont leave. Seems to be something in that idea now.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So that is that..... there will be no, no deal Brexit. My precious is gone, finito, not an option, Hasta la vista baby...!!!

What are the hard right going to do with their time now. What will Yaxlwy Lennon become now? Who will fund his businesses and his purchase of 5 bedroom houses now?

I jest........ a bit

What this does mean is that future negotiations are over, which means that the UK will have to adopt some type of deal that is at the mercy of Europe. That will mean a backstop in Ireland. Or immigration quotas. Or being treated as a 3rd country on trade deals..... or all 3 of them more likely. They will double fuck us now for everything they want as there is no threat of us turning it down. We're out of options. Leaving Europe will be nothing like the fair deal the moderates wanted or the hard deal the hard line wanted. It will be some pseudo leaving deal where they get everything they had and more and we get to be treated like cunts... I suppose if you behave like a cunt you should expect to get treated like one... comeuppance maybe.

Ooooo I could crush a grape!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I jest........ a bit

Really this vote is meaningless. The lying, devious, evil bitch said 'free vote' then rescinded that. Now she says that an extension can only be asked for IF MPs accept a deal and as her shit deal is the only one on the table, then .... what the fuck? She is going for a third vote on her deal, but giving the British people a second vote, one where they would be better informed is undemocratic? Cunts, all of them, the Brexitards, the MPs, the right wing media, cunts. I will never forgive any of them, my hatred is absolute, complete and for fucking ever.

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alisvet