By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Video technology is coming...at long last?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What happens when a player cracks on while VAR is being debated outside of the game and he pulls a hammy unnecessarily. Ir ge flatters the goalie and their both injured...

It's far too slow, its disruptive, it's making the joy of football sterile and unnatural.

Fuck VAR

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What happens when a player cracks on while VAR is being debated outside of the game and he pulls a hammy unnecessarily. Ir ge flatters the goalie and their both injured...

It's far too slow, its disruptive, it's making the joy of football sterile and unnatural.

Fuck VAR
It happened a few years ago when this dont flag early for offside phase of play bollocks started,wait until they touch the ball.Lloris got badly injured in a challenge and missed games,bloke was well offside but because they dont flag early play continued and pow,keeper out may have been when he got concussed?? cant remember exactly.Was needless injury.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It happened a few years ago when this dont flag early for offside phase of play bollocks started,wait until they touch the ball.Lloris got badly injured in a challenge and missed games,bloke was well offside but because they dont flag early play continued and pow,keeper out may have been when he got concussed?? cant remember exactly.Was needless injury.
Everton away

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
👆 that's my exact point... it will happen.

The lino and the ref are not the issue here. They are generally very good at their jobs.

The issue is the pundits, ex players managers, and gobshite fans slamming every tiny mistake becuse they have the benefit of super slow mo replays, at every conceivable ange as well as computer generated reconstructions from positions and perspectives no one else could even dream of.

These arrogant armchair wankers need to realise that humans are culpable and the ref and lino only have one chance at making the best decision.

Get rid of the fucking lot... goal line tech can even fuck off, I dont want anything that separates me and my lad with our jumpers for goal posts with the game that's played in the world cup final... it makes a disconnect between the kids dreaming of doing it, and those very few who actually achieve it....

I genuinely cant see me having my mind changed on this. I am open to progressing the game, just not this way.

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
ive been against it since day 1. match day 1 has done nothing to change my opinion

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
"THERE`S SOME PEOPLE ON THE PITCH....THEY THINK IT`S ALL OVER.........OH WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUTES

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I vaguely remember writing something, somewhere about VAR.

Fans chanting for it is literally the worst thing.

If anything, we need to be chanting for VAR to fuck off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Is this VAR across Europe leagues wide this season? It will be interesting to see the reaction from European fans.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is this VAR across Europe leagues wide this season? It will be interesting to see the reaction from European fans.
no,I know for certain the swedish league isnt using it.And I think the PL adaptation of the rules is different to other leagues regarding handball.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
no,I know for certain the swedish league isnt using it.And I think the PL adaptation of the rules is different to other leagues regarding handball.
Which is another reason the whole thing a load of bollocks. You and the missus won't know where you are - ball to hand or hand to ball and all that eh? :oops::oops:;)

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I saw that regarding the champions league to. Premier league VAR is different. How the fuck can that be a thing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I saw that regarding the champions league to. Premier league VAR is different. How the fuck can that be a thing.
It makes no sense as much else in football these days.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Which is another reason the whole thing a load of bollocks. You and the missus won't know where you are - ball to hand or hand to ball and all that eh? :oops::oops:;)
Somehow in this context ball to hand seems more worthy of a free kick than the other way 'round.