By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Welcome Nuno

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don't like too much composed. Think you need to be a bit eccentric. I like a bit of mentalness in a manager. Like Conte, Klopp, Pep, and Simeone. All a bit highly strung. But they kick every ball....
Nuno wouldn't inspire me if I needed a kick up the hole. He'd have as much of an impact if he watched it on the tele at home and sent a few texts.....
Poch has that side to him as well. Not one to go batshit, but definitely managed through emotion. I really think this is what a lot of modern players need, and expect. As we all keep saying, Nuno seems a very nice man, but he always has the face of a man who’s about to give you very bad news.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Let's just imagine once sacked.... Who the actual fuck, will even consider working for the "arch cunt" with one of the lowest running, shooting and scoring sides in the league...?

@Dorset is right... those first 3 flukey wins have absolutely skewed our perceived league position and competence in this league at the minute.

Name a single Spurs player that on current form, improves any side in the top 4... including West-Fucking-Ham...!!! OK maybe Son...

It seems like Spurs of the 90's is fully back with avengence... half baked managers will come and go in 18/24 month cycles. We will sign bang average players and every now and then take a punt on a relative unknown from the Portuguese 2nd teir or a Baltic country who will excell and eventually move to Villa as a step up in competition.

I don't think it's easy to run a football club well, I am sure that it's not as simple as I perceive it to be.

But I also assume it is easy to run it badly and make poor business decisions by not investing in the development of your main product, especially when your competitors are investing regularly and heavily to maintain thier product to significantly higher standards.

So the investment in off field activities has been at the expense of the onfield ones... again.

But we're told there is money to spend...

So not just managers but also players must not want to come here which is seriously, seriously worrying.

The club is stale and rotting from the inside out. There's nothing we can do as the club is deaf to the noise of a few fans against the backdrop of the new breed of "customers" and till machines ringing louder and louder in the THFC Mall...!!!

I am sick to the back teeth of it all now. I don't want to see it burn but I don't see it going any other way and the way we're approaching games we could easily slip way way down the table and that'll just exacerbate all of the inherent problems.

I don't want to watch anymore... and I'm not alone. And that's the true mark of how shit we are.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Let's just imagine once sacked.... Who the actual fuck, will even consider working for the "arch cunt" with one of the lowest running, shooting and scoring sides in the league...?
Good post. I chose this bit because I think it's important. I've said it before, but think of it this way: What manager, other than Poch, or maybe BMJ, has left the club with his reputation improved, or even intact, in the Levy era? What up-and-coming, progressive manager would see Spurs as a better opportunity than say, some Bundesliga club?

Like you said, we are in jeopardy of becoming a more profitable (but also way more boring) version of the club in the 1990s. Then again, that's when I started supporting Tottenham, so I guess the question is, wtf is wrong with me???

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I am officially raising Nuno's Cuntometer level to:-

BOAC..... He is now firmly a Bit Of A Cunt...!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don’t think he’s a cunt. I actually think he is a gentleman but he might not be up to the job.
Yep, he's definitely NAC, but he ain't, not, never, no way the right bloke for the job. Goddle said yesterday that it looks like the team are all playing their own individual games and ignoring what the manager wants. We have to blame Levy for giving him the job. Levy knew exactly what style of play Nuno would bring to the team and that style is not what the players want, it's not what the fans want and if he is allowed to keep the job then things will only get worse. He was the only manager left after all the others had told Levy to fuck off or had refused to bend over for Levy's financial backdoor buggery or not been willing to sacrifice their support staff. Of course we all want the heroes to stay, but the fucking manager has to be able to manage how he wants and that includes allowing him to have control over his coaching staff.

Nuno is NAC, but Levy is AC, ABC ( A Big Cunt) , ATC, (A Total Cunt),ACAOC (A Complete And Otter Cunt).

Nuno Out (sadly),but more importantly Levy Out, ENIC Out - then Winks, Dele, Kane, Davies, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Gollini, Royal, NDombele Out.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If every other prospective Spurs manager could see this and swerved the appointment... then I'm sorry, but Nuno should have done the same.

The question I ask you all... Did you genuinely see this panning out any other way...?

We all knew what was going to happen, we could all see that Levy was appointing fall guys so that he had excuses when Uncle Joe gets on the sat phone from HMS "Loadsamoney" and asks why the fuck is the share price dropping like a fucking Breezeblock.

Nuno is clearly not a stupid cunt (SC),you don't get to the level he is at by being thick as mince, so I conclude that he had a reasonable idea that things would pan out exactly like they are.

So why did he take the job...?

Did he get sold a pack of lies by the "Arch Cunt"? Was he truly gullible enough to swallow them? I can't seriously believe that...!

Has he come for the money, for ridiculous pay off that is customary for Spurs managers to walk away with once they achieve next to fuck all...?

Yes the "Arch Cunt" is ultimately to blame, but no one forced Nuno to take the job...

What I would say, is that maybe the Arch Cunt saw this panning out exactly as it is and that's why he insisted on Ledders and Mason being part of the set up.

They're on the payroll already, and are cheap and easy fallguys once his ultimate fall guy has done his job and bared his neck for the axeman... and that scenario troubles me even more.

If this is his plan, then he has planned to put a club legend in between himself and a rollicking from Uncle Joe... Ledders head will be next on the block. That's a fucking huge dick move...!!!

When will the protests start? Not that it matters because the foreign TV rights package deals sold by the Premier League won't be affected by pesky fans... they won't get in the way of the global customers and their bulging wallets which is the real silverware the Arch Cunt is interested in...!

For me 99% of people are a BOAC...Nuno is now included in that.

He knew what he was walking into and hasn't had the minerals to do a single fucking thing about it. Not on a Saturday afternoon or on the training ground.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
In short Levy has hired two scapegoats a director of football and a 6th choice manager, to deflect blame.

The buck stops with Levy - he has to leave or properly invest in the team, management and leave the football side alone, which realistically won’t ever happen.

Levy out

Ps the Demi god that is Pep Guardiola lost 0-2 to Palace at home yesterday lol

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Well Jorge Mendes represents Nuno and I get the distinct impression that Levy went to him and asked him for anyone who might be interested after being told to fuck off by anyone else with even an ounce of credibility or ability.

But then with the other free agents who were available at the time, I do wonder what it was that set Nuno apart and convinced Levy to appoint him?

Would it have been a willingness to accept Levy’s interference and/or the fact that he wouldn’t get any say in transfers and would have to make do with whoever was signed for him ?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
OK, so Nuno is the wrong man in the wrong trousers, but the players have to take most of the stick. They are top professionals, internationals, supposedly great players. Standing around waiting for aimless crosses to come in would never have been suggested by any manager. For me the whole work ethic was summed up yesterday, towards the end of the game there were 5 blokes standing like fucking statues in the United area waiting for a cross to fall at their feet, no movement at all, so fucking easy for United to defend. They do not give a fuck and even if the bestest manager in the World was appointed they would still not give a fuck. All Of Them Out.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

All over the internets that Levy was said to be “furious” with the manner of the defeat yesterday and that Nuno could even be on his way sometime next week.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
All over the internets that Levy was said to be “furious” with the manner of the defeat yesterday and that Nuno could even be on his way sometime next week.
I am furious about the manner of most of our defeats and even a few of our wins this season. Sacking Nuno will not fix anything. Sacking himself might start the fixing process.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Why.... because he is going to have to deploy scapegoat employee number 1...?

The short period this inevitability has taken to materialise is the only thing he can realistically be pissed about...!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Why.... because he is going to have to deploy scapegoat employee number 1...?

The short period this inevitability has taken to materialise is the only thing he can realistically be pissed about...!
You're not wrong. And if whoever comes in doesn't turn things around then it's likely scapegoat number 2 will follow him out of the door with Levy absolving himself of all blame.

But then this tweet tends to sum up how out of touch Levy is with the core fanbase

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Um, they should not be surprised and they should understand the hostility is really directed at THEM! TFCs!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Other "sources" are claiming the deed has already been done.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If that's 👆 true... I won't be surprised...

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
The Pro's and Con's of THFC for any prospective manager...
Pro's
Big club
Great tradition and values
Fantastic stadium and training facilities.
2 of the best strikers in world football.
London
The best fans on the planet!!!!

Cons
Daniel Levy

Conclusion: Fuck that....

We'll be doing well do get Potter if Nuno goes. Why would any manager worth their salt work for that plank ?

Levy out
First team Squad out
Poch in.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Need a strong manager to bring some of them egos into check. Nuno not strong enough, especially replacing Jose.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don’t think we’ll sack him yet (as in Monday) but if we lose either of the two games before the international break he’s done for. We are an absolute laughing stock.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone else actually want it to happen...?

I want Levy to be so fucking uncomfortable, he maybe, just for a little while, understands how we feel.

I don't expect it'll last long, but if we continue to play like cunts under Mason and the fans keep booing the players.... it'll have the desired effect.

That does obviously actually hurt the team I profess to support and love, but if something is so sick that you need to cut it open and remove the decaying parts infecting it, in order for it to recover and eventually be stronger... you have to do it...!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

This is all over Twitter this morning ..

I personally don't believe it. It's likely Levy has instructed his PR people to leak this to try and keep up this notion that the Spurs job is still desirable.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This is all over Twitter this morning ..
I personally don't believe it. It's likely Levy has instructed his PR people to leak this to try and keep up this notion that the Spurs job is still desirable.
Hope it's true, but can't see how he'd want it unless there were cast iron guarantees and a significant treasure chest to pick from !?
If its supposedly happening today we don't have long to find out I suppose...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Begs the question why waste 4 months, a shitboat load of money, optimism within the club, fanbase and playing staff on Nuno when Conte was on the table when "that cunt" got sacked...

If it happens, it's because Levy is desperate and out of options...

It's a fucking embarrassment...

This club is the biggest joke in the English football right now.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Well firstly, it's official now - Nuno and his coaching staff are gone ..

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Secondly, we're supposedly almost in "total agreement" with Conte

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
This is the right decision now, but was never the right decision when he was hired. Ideally Conte, but Levy will need to give him a bucketload of cash.

Lets see how this played out.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Yes, Conte wouldn't touch us with a twenty foot bargepole unless he was given cast iron assurances of significant player investment with total control over transfers and likely a multi-year contract as well.

But then maybe it's finally come to this ?. Maybe the deranged pipsqueak has finally been backed in to a corner to the point where he realises the only way out is to open up the vault ?

The sad thing is about it though is that if it does indeed turn out to be Conte and he ultimately makes it work, it likely means that there won't be an opportunity for Poch to come home for some time.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This is the right decision now, but was never the right decision when he was hired. Ideally Conte, but Levy will need to give him a bucketload of cash.

Lets see how this played out.
Regardless of who comes in, the team has needed that cash injection for 3+ years...!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
So, the inevitable has happened. Levy has all his ducks lined up in the shooting gallery now to make sure he's furthest from the bullet. Paratici next?