By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Welcome Nuno

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Apparently we have offered 18 month contract for Conte…we still want Poch in 2023 it seems

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Feel for Nuno, no one really wanted him and was so out of his depth. It would be a tough ask for the best managers in the world to get this lot playing the Spurs way, as well as getting results.

At least he can put on his cv, he managed a team to the top of the pl, albeit 3 games in!

Good luck to the next cab on the rank, coz while ENIC and Levy are still around, they’ll continue to be a stain on our club.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
.. while ENIC and Levy are still around, they’ll continue to be a stain on our club.
This certainly needs highlighting in big, bold letters. As exciting as this appointment could be, the initial 18 month deal just smacks of Levy covering himself and Uncle Joe again. Rather than cutting loose and appointing Conte on a 3 or 4 year deal with promise of significant transfer funds, it still smacks of "You'll have to make do with what you've got and what we give you" again.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This certainly needs highlighting in big, bold letters. As exciting as this appointment could be, the initial 18 month deal just smacks of Levy covering himself and Uncle Joe again. Rather than cutting loose and appointing Conte on a 3 or 4 year deal with promise of significant transfer funds, it still smacks of "You'll have to make do with what you've got and what we give you" again.
Very surprised he would even consider such a short contract tbh....

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I think Conte would be driving 18 months, he doesn’t see Spurs as a big job. He wants to be able to see if he is backed before committing long term. Either that, or he wants the PSG job when Poch leaves for us in 2023

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Is this a joke? Antonio Conte? First, wtf would he take this job? This is not a quick rebuild. Our entire back line is light years away from where it was at Poch's peak. At one time we had Walker, Rose, Jan and Toby at the back. Every one of them is way better than what we have now, and Lloris is just older. In midfield we had Dembele and then Eriksen pulling the strings. So by my count we need four top defenders, a stud midfielder, and a brilliant playmaker and then we'll at least be able to challenge for the title. Don't know what it is, but I have a hunch we ain't signing 6 world class players. Or maybe Joe has dementia and said spend all the money? That is our only hope. Cunts!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I think Conte would be driving 18 months, he doesn’t see Spurs as a big job. He wants to be able to see if he is backed before committing long term. Either that, or he wants the PSG job when Poch leaves for us in 2023
Yeah, if the 18 months is true, you may be right. But honestly, a big part of me hopes he very publicly tells Levy to fuck off.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Kinda feel for Nuno. Obviously don't know him but appears a decent man despite the poor performances. As many have said, he shouldn't have been offered the job in the first place. Way out of his depth. I could just hear him at his initial interview: "What?! You... ... want me?! Seriously?"

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Jamie Redknapp called us the laughing stock of football and I am not even angry about it

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
And I wish Nuno the best and feel for him. I hope he lands an appropriate job in the future. He deserves it.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

The feeling seems to be that Nuno was the wrong appointment at the wrong time. I suspect a lot of people inside the game will also realise how he had the deranged pipsqueak likely breathing down his neck as well so I don’t think this will cause him any problems getting another job.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Kinda feel for Nuno. Obviously don't know him but appears a decent man despite the poor performances. As many have said, he shouldn't have been offered the job in the first place. Way out of his depth. I could just hear him at his initial interview: "What?! You... ... want me?! Seriously?"
You are correct, but I seriously doubt Nuno has ever said anything that ended with an exclamation mark.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
He probably just excused himself, thanked Levy for the opportunity and called himself a cab....I'm sure someone will give him a shot in the PL. Nice guy, but from here, not very inspiring.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If Nuno could get The Toon playing the way he once had Wolves playing, that'd be a very good appointment.

They've got a huge January window where he could acquire the tools necessary...

Wouldn't rule it out in order to stop them getting relegated.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Appears to be a done deal but who knows ?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm not mistaken that Conte was a consideration before Nuno am I...?

Wasn't it known that Conte was Patrici's pick but due to the cash he would have wanted to rebuild the squad and the fact he wouldn't have been able to have his own coaching staff, Conte decided he dint find the job attractive...?

So Patrici seems to have got his way, and got his man into the hotseat, it just took a few months and the club to become the absolute laughing stock of the league for it to come to fruition...

So I guess this if it all pans out with Conte, Patrici's choice in the hot seat and it still goes pear shaped.... Patrici (Fall Guy number 2) is in the sights.

Levy must know we understand his game and that we've all been here before.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Nope, you're definitely not mistaken. If i remember, it was said at the time that Conte wanted to bring in up to six of his people but we were only offering four.

The transfer situation also played a part in him turning us down so you have to wonder now if we've basically just given him everything he originally asked for ?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Conte is exciting though….

Although we are still up against it in the league. Even if we do have money to spend, we struggle to sell players to make room for them.
let’s hope Newcastle want 3 or 4

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Don’t do it man.

We have been here before.
Oh I wouldn't dream of it until he's pictured with the shirt and a grin that says "What the fuck have I gotten myself in to?" 😂

Twitter is of the opinion that we've "met all his demands" and that his announcement today will be a formality but this is Tottenham. We can still fuck it up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
@USspur is there Any ITK on this bro...?

I'd look for myself but I don't know where to start...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

There's apparently been a bit of a fuckup at Spurs HQ. The social section of the official Spurs app just uploaded a tweet of Conte posing with the shirt but quickly deleted it. Just like us to make a mess of it! 🤣

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Cheerio Nuno, good luck. Nice bloke, average manager. Deserves a better relationship with his club hierarchy.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
As a side bar to this Nuno thread, I have developed a helpfull list that will enable users to easily distinguish between the levels of cunt we all are apportioning to individuals...

Courtesy of @Dorset, we have the lowest level of cunt, Not A Cunt [NAC].

This is the current status of Mr Santa Clause him self, the THFC manager, Nuno Espirito Santo... othe notable NAC's would be Bradley Walsh, Ant or Dec... (not sure which one became a bit of a cunt by getting shitfaced and driving into people),Ghandi, Mother Theresa and Philip Schofield.

The next category I'd like to propose is Bit Of A Cunt [BOAC].

This is where the majority of individuals will sit... its very much a transient level and you can side up up down the "cuntometer" whilst remaining a Bit Of A Cunt. Good examples of a BOAC could be me, Gareth Bale, the entire Philimonic Orchestra (juts a bit cunty isn't it),Sir Elton John or basically anyone you could think of. The way I see it is we're all (apart from the aforementioned ordained above) cunts, but we are able to tolerate and even like some cunts more than others.

The top level of cunt reserved for the most heinous level of "cuntishness" is the Cock-Cunt [CC].

CC's are easy to Spot. They're usually called Jose Mourinho, Sol Campbell, Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler, whomever decided to call a Marathon Bar a Snickers Bar and Jamie O'Hara's mum for simply not aborting that foetus.

It's considered quite a feat to achieve CC status and once achieved, there is absolutely no way of redeeming yourself. You will forever be a CC.

CC's are a special breed and their ability to continue with their "cuntosity" in the face of pleas for a cessation, verbal abuse, threats of violence or even a distinct lack of any tangible audience, would in any other discipline be applauded. They are and always will be CC's

There is of course a minor sub category that is coined to describe adolescent cunts. The CUNTLING [CNTLNG] is effectively a young cunt in training. Think Justin Beiber (early years, he has now developed into a solid BOAC),that Chav families kid from down the street (if you can't think of one it's your kid and you're the chav family) or Norman from Fireman Sam (That Little Cuntling should have been left to perish numerous times, he cost the Ponty-Pandy taxpayers hundreds of thousands with his cuntosity).

To summarise:

Not A Cunt - NAC
Bit Of A Cunt - BOAC
Cock-Cunt - CC
Cuntling - CNTLNG

Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20220908_212405.jpg

I disagree... NAC status approved.