By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Danny Rose

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Ok, so I'm currently on a Megabus to Newcastle (£10 single from Victoria !! And nowt else to do prior to Watford /LFC Game so I thought I'd read your thoughts
Yesterday, I drove all the way to Tottenham, to see how the development was going, and forgot to take my iPad ......numpty .and buy this seasons shirts ........3XL is the largest they do, just in case anyone need one that large !!
Anyway went and got mine ( away -don't do red) and Callum's home shirt.......for a bit of mischief , I asked would they do Rose 3........ expecting her to go , errrrr, um .......but no she said , of course, the players list is out and we'll do any name ........so he went for Kane ( despite Callum being a GK, - well I suppose it would have been strange to have lloris on a white top !
Some bloke in there got ........PFBAG1 ??? Guess what it stands for !

Anyway, I have heard, that Danny Roses agent, ( Scum of the Earth) is his sisters brother, who played for Wolves, back in the 70/80's , but can't recall his name .And we'll know agents only earn their money by getting them to move or in negotiating a new contracts.
When DR, signed his extension from 45 , to 65k , just last season , he was happy for the pay rise, for much of that time he's been out injured, so he's earned an extra 1,000,000 for doing feck all, for the last 6 months.......I know it's not his fault, but it just means I've been as productive for Spurs as he has been.......can I get 1m please.
Then Spurs signed Sissoko, on 85 k........no wonder he's pissed off
Then talking to other England players, they must be laughing there arses off, WR to DR, " don't worry son, you have to play a whole month, to get what I earn in a week "
And obviously after last seasons display as a team, our players were gonna get talked about.
The final nails , must have been when Man Utd signed Jesse Fecking Lingard up on 100k a week, its when bang average players ( sorry worse players than Carroll, Mason, bentaleb and Livermore) get 100k a week - then JD gets offered 140k at little old Bournemouth, and I think West Ham, have players on more than our highest earner and Palace signed that forward on 95k ffs
His agent, apparently has 2 clients, DR, obviously and Kyle Walker........who now, apparently pays more tax a week , than DR earns........perhaps KW needs a better accountant !
In summing up, to compete, fill Wembley, and then WHL, DL, Needs to sit down the 1st team squad, and give HK, DA, TA 160k a week, yes it's obscene , but I want to watch the best, and these three would command 260m if sold.
CE,DR,HL MD 150k, , the rest 80-130.
Then perhaps we could be shopping for players like Isco, rather than Barkley.......and next year at WHL, PERHAPS, GB Would come back for 2-250 a week

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ok, so I'm currently on a Megabus to Newcastle (£10 single from Victoria !! And nowt else to do prior to Watford /LFC Game so I thought I'd read your thoughts
Yesterday, I drove all the way to Tottenham, to see how the development was going, and forgot to take my iPad ......numpty .and buy this seasons shirts ........3XL is the largest they do, just in case anyone need one that large !!
Anyway went and got mine ( away -don't do red) and Callum's home shirt.......for a bit of mischief , I asked would they do Rose 3........ expecting her to go , errrrr, um .......but no she said , of course, the players list is out and we'll do any name ........so he went for Kane ( despite Callum being a GK, - well I suppose it would have been strange to have lloris on a white top !
Some bloke in there got ........PFBAG1 ??? Guess what it stands for !

Anyway, I have heard, that Danny Roses agent, ( Scum of the Earth) is his sisters brother, who played for Wolves, back in the 70/80's , but can't recall his name .And we'll know agents only earn their money by getting them to move or in negotiating a new contracts.
When DR, signed his extension from 45 , to 65k , just last season , he was happy for the pay rise, for much of that time he's been out injured, so he's earned an extra 1,000,000 for doing feck all, for the last 6 months.......I know it's not his fault, but it just means I've been as productive for Spurs as he has been.......can I get 1m please.
Then Spurs signed Sissoko, on 85 k........no wonder he's pissed off
Then talking to other England players, they must be laughing there arses off, WR to DR, " don't worry son, you have to play a whole month, to get what I earn in a week "
And obviously after last seasons display as a team, our players were gonna get talked about.
The final nails , must have been when Man Utd signed Jesse Fecking Lingard up on 100k a week, its when bang average players ( sorry worse players than Carroll, Mason, bentaleb and Livermore) get 100k a week - then JD gets offered 140k at little old Bournemouth, and I think West Ham, have players on more than our highest earner and Palace signed that forward on 95k ffs
His agent, apparently has 2 clients, DR, obviously and Kyle Walker........who now, apparently pays more tax a week , than DR earns........perhaps KW needs a better accountant !
In summing up, to compete, fill Wembley, and then WHL, DL, Needs to sit down the 1st team squad, and give HK, DA, TA 160k a week, yes it's obscene , but I want to watch the best, and these three would command 260m if sold.
CE,DR,HL MD 150k, , the rest 80-130.
Then perhaps we could be shopping for players like Isco, rather than Barkley.......and next year at WHL, PERHAPS, GB Would come back for 2-250 a week
he is mark rankine and yes he is Rose`s uncle.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Absolutely buzzing for the new season, anyway Master Rose, what a prize bellend BUT I've felt for a while that sportsmen have become so sanitised in speaking their mind, because of the impact of what they say and how it's reported in the media, so it's refreshing for someone to come out and speak their mind, the fact it was our player doing it, pissed me right off!!

Bottom line though is, he's not really saying much more than what a lot of fans are thinking, Levy's run a very tight ship and done it very well but because of our over achievements over the last few years, he's gonna have to start hiking up a lot of our players wages, other wise this team will get picked apart by the vultures circling above. He's come across as an ungrateful cunt but the reality of it, is that he's not far off the mark in terms of some of the things he's said, to air it in public though is very disappointing and proper shady.

Thankfully there are bigger issues at other clubs which will over shadow his remarks and it'll be forgotten pretty quickly, by the media anyway.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Thankfully there are bigger issues at other clubs which will over shadow his remarks and it'll be forgotten pretty quickly, by the media anyway.
A quick start to the season starting with three points tomorrow would go a long way toward this.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The is VERY interesting! If it is true, then maybe we have all been talking total bollocks about how much our players get and the snide little cunt can shut the fuck up. If this journo has bothered to do some journalism and actually researched this then it seems that it 'might be' that he could 'possibly' be 'maybe' around 10% underpaid, but if that £72k is for the 'top players' then he might just be getting exactly the right amount or even too fucking much. We need to compare kippers with something that isn't custard, how much do the top defenders get, how much do the ones who are not brittle and spend 60% of the season in the treatment room get? These questions need answers!

We have been all 'Levy is a cunt and don't pay 'em enough wonga' because we have like the bleating little sheep we are believed all the media bollocks about how everybody else in the Premiership gets at least £150k a week, maybe that is bollox? Levy is still a cunt, of course, he is so close to being added to my list, not quite but he needs to be careful because he is teetering on the precipice of doom, one tiny step and that's it, he's on my list, and as you all know there is no coming back from there.

I will get my researching hat on and check this. Anyway, the little cunt shut the fuck up, he IS on my list.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The is VERY interesting! If it is true, then maybe we have all been talking total bollocks about how much our players get and the snide little cunt can shut the fuck up. If this journo has bothered to do some journalism and actually researched this then it seems that it 'might be' that he could 'possibly' be 'maybe' around 10% underpaid, but if that £72k is for the 'top players' then he might just be getting exactly the right amount or even too fucking much. We need to compare kippers with something that isn't custard, how much do the top defenders get, how much do the ones who are not brittle and spend 60% of the season in the treatment room get? These questions need answers!

We have been all 'Levy is a cunt and don't pay 'em enough wonga' because we have like the bleating little sheep we are believed all the media bollocks about how everybody else in the Premiership gets at least £150k a week, maybe that is bollox? Levy is still a cunt, of course, he is so close to being added to my list, not quite but he needs to be careful because he is teetering on the precipice of doom, one tiny step and that's it, he's on my list, and as you all know there is no coming back from there.

I will get my researching hat on and check this. Anyway, the little cunt shut the fuck up, he IS on my list.

works for "sportingintelligence . com" cant find a whole article.Yes it is interesting if true..
https://twitter.com/sportingintel

Its not as simple a debate as "pay them what they are worth" its more pay them what a rival is paying,in Kane`s case that would be over £250k pw !or if PSG want Dele could be £400k pw,someone will always pay more and its where you draw the line in the sand.Pay Danny more even just 20k pw,then what about a few other players,one answer is sack his fucking leech of an uncle and instantly have a big % pay rise.
Same as "sign some fucking players Levy you tight cunt",yes we have funds and no doubt we should,but the lets join in the kamikaze spiral of inflated fees?people wanting a sugar daddy,many of whom dont subscribe to the club,or wailed at £700 for a season ticket,or £64 for a juve ticket,and yet someone should just have £50m laying around,how about you want to sign Martial and you give the club £2000,probably same pain as levy with £50m,nah dont think people will see that as fair but principle is same.
Now I am no Levy lover,but unless a sheik,or god forbid rich american,or chinese,russian,african despot buys us as a play thing,any owner will want a return on investment,as would we if we buy a house,stocks shares in a venture,its no different because their wealth is greater.

The point being,if our wage % is relative to our income thats about right in terms of judging it?isnt it?There is no sense in the pay them what they are worth mantra,because how do you gauge that?Because the sun or mail tell you another team will double their dosh?put coutinio on £200kpw he will still want to go to barca.
If there is any sense to be made,its paying bonuses that reflect performance,sure we do have that,maybe the extra income that makes can go straight back into the money pot,but simply paying Rose what Walker now earns at city,forget that,for now,under these circumstances.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

The other thing is in our squad the players contracts have alot of bonus stipulations so 65k is probably on rose 'basic' salary with clean sheet bonuses and shit added on top.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The other thing is in our squad the players contracts have alot of bonus stipulations so 65k is probably on rose 'basic' salary with clean sheet bonuses and shit added on top.
The shit isn't very attractive though....that's one of things he'll want changed...!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/lloris-danny-rose-outburst-propelled-tottenham-newcastle-victory-101414995.html
Lloris: Danny Rose outburst propelled Tottenham to Newcastle victory
Captain Hugo Lloris says Tottenham’s players were unaffected by Danny Rose’s outburst last week – and he feels Sunday’s victory at Newcastle showed the squad’s commitment and focus.
Rose – who has been out of action with a knee problem since January – made waves in midweek when he aired frustrations to a national newspaper, bemoaning Spurs’ wage structure and lack of transfer activity while stressing his desire for well-known signings.

It has since been suggested that the England left-back’s feelings are privately shared by some of his team-mates – especially when it comes to their pay packets – and his comments soured the mood among supporters just before the opening weekend of the Premier League.

on Friday, manager Mauricio Pochettino drew a line under the affair – and Lloris has also played down its significance, underlining the unity in the dressing room." data-reactid="21" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">But, after Rose apologised on Friday, manager Mauricio Pochettino drew a line under the affair – and Lloris has also played down its significance, underlining the unity in the dressing room.

READ MORE: Lloris defends Tottenham’s transfer policy

“I think it’s important, one thing, because we heard a lot of things – the team is very quiet about that,” said the skipper. “Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That’s it. But the team was never affected about that because we were so focused on our first Premier League game.

“We know from outside if you start to listen, inside the squad you can be affected, but the most important thing is to stick together, be focused and have the same ambition.

“Danny is part of the team. We understand his frustration. It’s now been six or seven months that he’s been out of the team with an injury. We hope he’s going to be back as soon as possible.

“We stayed calm. We’re still in touch with Danny and there’s no problem. If people from outside want to make trouble, it doesn’t affect us because we are a good squad with a good mind.

“Sometimes you can make mistakes. The thing is you don’t have to repeat this kind of thing, and the most important thing is that the leaders of this team are not affected. We’re moving on and we showed it yesterday – the commitment is great inside the squad.”

Vice-captain Harry Kane echoed his skipper’s sentiments, stating: “It’s been put to one side. Danny said what he said. We’ve all moved on from it.

“From our point of view we’re strong, we’re all Tottenham players, we’re here for a reason and that’s to play for the club. That’s what we’ve got to do – just focus on the pitch. That’s all that matters. It wasn’t really a big thing at the training ground to be honest."

“We’ve been focused on the game and we know that, whatever happens off the field, what’s most important is what happens on the field in front of our fans.

“We had great support [at Newcastle], as we always do. That’s all it comes down to – playing on that pitch and winning those games.”

on Sunday." data-reactid="37" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Having kicked off their campaign with a 2-0 victory at Newcastle, Tottenham are now preparing to face reigning champions Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday.

It will be Spurs’ first competitive match of the season at the national arena, which will host all of their home matches this term.

The Lilywhites have a poor record under the arch and lost three of their five matches there in 2016-17, while their draw against Gent was as good as a defeat, ending their European campaign.

However, Spurs beat Juventus 2-0 in Brent in their final pre-season friendy, and Lloris believes they can continue to put their Wembley woes behind them.

“I think it belongs to the past,” he said. “We had a few bad performances in the Champions League – against Monaco, against Bayer Leverkusen – but it was an experience.

“We had some great performances there too, even if the results were not the best, like in the Europa League [against Gent] when we had 10 men against 11 – we dominated the game and the space on this big pitch.

“It was the case against Chelsea when we lost 4-2 in our FA Cup semi-final, and it was the case against Juventus – one of the best teams in Europe.

“Step by step we need to build a real confidence at Wembley, create our own atmosphere with our fans and try to be connected with them.

READ MORE: Spurs start with a win at Newcastle

“It’s up to us, we are the actors. We’re going to try to put intensity in our performance – in our runs, our passing and our movement – and try to create something at Wembley.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I know it's beating a dead horse a bit, but it takes some nerve to gob off the way Rose did when he's apparently some ways away from getting back to fitness:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/mauricio-pochettino-not-know-danny-rose-play-again

Mauricio Pochettino still does not know when Danny Rose will be fit to return to the Tottenham team.

The full-back has been missing since damaging medial ligaments in his knee against Sunderland in January. He had surgery in the close season and had been expected to return after the international break but Pocchetino admitted he is none the wiser as to the when the player will return.

“I am coach not a doctor,” said Pochettino, whose side play Swansea at home on Saturday. “They know better than me but we are assessing him every day. It’s like the case of Erik Lamela. Both are doing well but we have to wait and we cannot give a date on their return to training.”

Rose came into conflict with his manager during the close season when he gave an interview in which he expressed exasperation at the amount of his contract and the quality of Spurs’ signings.

Tottenham went on to strengthen their squad at the end of the transfer window, recruiting Davinson Sánchez and then Serge Aurier and Fernando Llorente on deadline day.

“I suffer because he is my player and you want them fit, healthy and ready for selection,” Pochettino said of Rose. “After a long-term injury it is so difficult because all players love to play football, they love to be fit and healthy. Danny has been suffering a lot, for eight, nine months. It’s a very difficult situation but all the staff try to help him, to push him and keep him motivated so he is fit again as soon as possible.”

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
''It’s a very difficult situation but all the staff try to help him, to push him and keep him motivated so he is fit again as soon as possible.”

That appears to say a lot about DR's attitude. I would expect that to come within Danny.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
''It’s a very difficult situation but all the staff try to help him, to push him and keep him motivated so he is fit again as soon as possible.”

That appears to say a lot about DR's attitude. I would expect that to come within Danny.
If he makes it back into favour,he will be the first with poch at spurs!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I read somewhere yesterday that Rose will be ready for Real Madrid. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. That would be a total kick in the vagina for our number one left back Ben Davies. IF he recovers from his injury then he will have to earn his place again, from the bench, maybe he can have a start in the Carryblooooo Cup, not pushing out Ben from the biggest games we have seen for donkey's years. But maybe it would be better if he just fucked off to the chavs to earn 'what he deserves'?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I read somewhere yesterday that Rose will be ready for Real Madrid. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. That would be a total kick in the vagina for our number one left back Ben Davies. IF he recovers from his injury then he will have to earn his place again, from the bench, maybe he can have a start in the Carryblooooo Cup, not pushing out Ben from the biggest games we have seen for donkey's years. But maybe it would be better if he just fucked off to the chavs to earn 'what he deserves'?
Exactly, well said, only ....not the chavs, or indeed elsewhere in the Premier League. Bayern Munich or Barcelona, maybe Juventus.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Soz, who are we talking about... we only have one LB.... the Welsh lad

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Danny Rose - the man who crapped in his own nest.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Sounds like Rose is dead to Pochettino now. Apparently he was expecting to play, had words and now hasn't travelled with the squad and is training with others. Just heard it on Sky Sports

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sounds like Rose is dead to Pochettino now. Apparently he was expecting to play, had words and now hasn't travelled with the squad and is training with others. Just heard it on Sky Sports
Just about the last thing we needed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Put him in the German shop window the dirty rat cunt

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Snake watch day 137

Firstly,his knee is iced up in the pic after dortmund.

and interview after the game;
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/danny-rose-was-fuming-over-north-london-derby-snub-but-tottenham-star-denies-falling-out-with-a3698136.html?amp

Danny Rose has admitted he was “fuming” to be left out of the north London derby but played down rumours of a bust-up with Mauricio Pochettino.
The defender was restored to Tottenham’s starting line-up for last night’s 2-1 victory here at Borussia Dortmund, a result which secured top spot in Champions League Group H.

Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son scored Spurs’ goals but much of the attention was on Rose after he was omitted from the squad against Arsenal last Saturday, with Pochettino urging him to focus on training with the reserves to rebuild his fitness.
Rose, 27, had been out for eight months with a knee injury, during which time he expressed his frustration at his £65,000-a-week wage and Tottenham’s transfer activity, before returning to action in October.He started the Premier League match against Crystal Palace prior to the international break before appearing in both England friendlies, making his subsequent absence at Emirates Stadium a surprise to many.
Speaking for the first time about being dropped, Rose said: “My reaction was I was fuming, I was angry. But understanding, at the same time. There has been no bust-up, there has been no argument. There has been no falling out. The manager explained he thought it’d be better for me to do a hard session on Saturday, which I did.

“I understand there have been a lot of reports but they are not welcomed and they are not true.

“And whether I’d been at the Emirates or not, everybody’s losing sight that I couldn’t have stopped the referee or linesman from making bad decisions that led to us conceding.”

Asked whether he felt fit to play against the Gunners, Rose said: “I don’t know. Whatever fitness I have, I still feel I’m one of the best in the League, I believe in my ability.

“At Tottenham, you have to have an exceptional level of fitness. I’m not there yet because I’ve been out for a long time. I’m still catching up.

“I wasn’t happy [with being left out] but it’s gone now, we all have to move on. When I get the opportunity to play, like I did last night, I have to try to do as well as I can.”
Speculation persisted over the weekend that Rose could make a £40million move to Manchester United in the January transfer window but the left-back (left, in action last night) told Standard Sport: “I’ve said in most interviews I’ve done this season that I want to contribute to Tottenham winning something this season.

“Nothing has changed. Everyone just needs to understand that me and the manager want the same thing for this season: we want to win something.
“So I’m on the same page, I’m fully focused on playing as many games as I can for Tottenham, contributing to something beautiful, successful this season.

“And again, there has been no bust-up, no falling-out, and I’m on the same page as the staff.”

Rose came through a slow start to impress last night, mirroring Tottenham’s performance collectively as they recovered from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s 31st-minute opener to score two second-half goals.

Last night was Rose’s sixth appearance since coming back from injury and he said: “Before last night, I thought I was close [to full fitness] and then in the first half I was horrendous, I thought I was getting hooked at half-time.

“It gave me a bit of a reality check, maybe I’m not as close as I thought I was. Second half I did better, I contributed quite a lot. I just hope I can get many more minutes, there are a lot of games now over the next six weeks and I hope I can play a part in as many as possible.
“Under this manager we’ve always had a good late November, good December, and I hope that continues and I hope I can be a part of that.
“You can only get fit by playing games. There are only so many training sessions you can do.
“I don’t think I’m far off but I hope I can play as many more games to help me get there as quick as possible.

“The knee feels pretty good. In the last 10 minutes, I felt my knee was getting a bit stiff but it was nothing serious. Now I need to recover and be ready for the weekend.”