By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Uk politics...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Project Fear! Also, companies in Europe who used to export to the UK are saying 'fuck you UK, fuck you and goodbye' because the UK feds are demanding that they register for UK VAT, that is unbelievably fucking mental! Imagine if you were a EU company exporting stuff all around the world and you were expected to register for VAT in every country, produce VAT returns every fucking month for every country, or just one arrogant, self-entitled, xenophobic country who think they are so important - you would say 'no ta, I don't think I'll bother, I'll just stick to the world's largest free trade block ta very much - adios wankers'.

Wanker Johnon's 'deal', the worst trade deal every negotiated in the history of trade, the only one were the outcome was exponentially worse than the pre-deal situation has ensured that UK fishermen get 2.3% more fish, which they will not be able to sell to their usual market, the EU, because of all the customs checks and moronic paperwork, while ignoring the sector that provides 80% of the UK's GDP, services. Even the great Douglas Adams could not have written the script for this, even someone taking a huge amount of drugs could not have dreamt this abortion up.

The British pound is sliding back down the toilet again as Project Reality begins to bite. Cunts like Farage say the EU will collapse within 10 years and Gove says it will all be fantastic.

Here is my new year message to the Brexit supporters following the puppet clown governments calls for reconciliation - Fuck you Brexit cunts fuck you for ever, any Brexit cunt who complains about anything, ever again can fuck off, I hope your life is a fucking misery. Shove your fucking Brexit up your arse. #REJOIN!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Britain’s port chiefs have warned Boris Johnson’s government that new border infrastructure needed to manage post-Brexit bureaucracy is still not up to scratch because of inadequate funding.
It comes as the leading financial analysts at Moody’s said the UK economy is set to become “significantly smaller” because of the Brexit trade deal – pointing to “significant negative consequences” ahead because of all the new barriers to trade.

Meanwhile, Conservative MP David Jones said it was “childish and spiteful” for the EU to threaten to tighten rules on exports of Covid vaccines produced in the bloc. It follows a row with the UK-based firm AstraZeneca over a slowdown in vaccine supplies.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Britain’s port chiefs have warned Boris Johnson’s government that new border infrastructure needed to manage post-Brexit bureaucracy is still not up to scratch because of inadequate funding.
It comes as the leading financial analysts at Moody’s said the UK economy is set to become “significantly smaller” because of the Brexit trade deal – pointing to “significant negative consequences” ahead because of all the new barriers to trade.

Meanwhile, Conservative MP David Jones said it was “childish and spiteful” for the EU to threaten to tighten rules on exports of Covid vaccines produced in the bloc. It follows a row with the UK-based firm AstraZeneca over a slowdown in vaccine supplies.

I have an idea for a new sitcom, it's called Meet The Brexits. It's about a family who brick up their windows so nobody can see in then complain that they can't see out. In episode one they will leave their local health club then demand they be allowed to carry on using the swimming pool, spa and gym without paying. In one scene we will see the family shouting at anybody who can be bothered to listen that the gym members are discriminating against the non-members and applying their so-called rules to restrict their enjoyment of the facilities that they don't pay for.

There was a Brexitty fisherman on the telly this morning moaning that he head successfully operated his business for 40 years, sending his fish off to Europe and now the French were trying to shut him down. He was ironically demanding freedom of movement for him and his fish, and frictionless trade with the the EU, two things he voted against.

Loads of Brexttards howling that the EU will prioritise its own citizens and supply vaccines manufactured in the the EU to - me and the other Europeans first. How dare they defend their own interests and control their own trade and borders, only Brexits are allowed to do that!

They won, they have to get over it, they have to own it.

Cunts.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I have an idea for a new sitcom, it's called Meet The Brexits. It's about a family who brick up their windows so nobody can see in then complain that they can't see out. In episode one they will leave their local health club then demand they be allowed to carry on using the swimming pool, spa and gym without paying. In one scene we will see the family shouting at anybody who can be bothered to listen that the gym members are discriminating against the non-members and applying their so-called rules to restrict their enjoyment of the facilities that they don't pay for.

There was a Brexitty fisherman on the telly this morning moaning that he head successfully operated his business for 40 years, sending his fish off to Europe and now the French were trying to shut him down. He was ironically demanding freedom of movement for him and his fish, and frictionless trade with the the EU, two things he voted against.

Loads of Brexttards howling that the EU will prioritise its own citizens and supply vaccines manufactured in the the EU to - me and the other Europeans first. How dare they defend their own interests and control their own trade and borders, only Brexits are allowed to do that!

They won, they have to get over it, they have to own it.

Cunts.
We had such a good arrangement - not perfect, but really very good and there was a lot of bureaucracy etc. as with most large structures, but as a generalisation we had the best of both worlds. Then the country voted against it, based on some lies, and very simple easy to understand (even without pictures) slogans, pedalled by BJ, Gove and their little Britain worshippers, who perceived it was still 1956 in Britain.

Well 'hello' who knew? it's actually 2021 and we're part of a multi racial, multi cultural, global economy, not a little island nation, with a commonwealth to use and abuse and a large manufacturing base.

All looks a bit shit now doesn't it, maybe Brexiteers should storm Parliament, wearing Make Britain Great Again hats and say that they didn't mean to build a wall around the island. Trouble is they did.

ps. My old man is in hospital with Covid and suffers from increasingly bad dementia. I dropped a personal goody bag off for him yesterday, including a mobile phone, which he can barely use. I gave the bag to one of his nurses - Sabrine and asked her, if she could possibly find a moment, to activate the phone WiFi and Facetime so that my dad's wife could see him and reassure him. He's been very upset and can't understand what's going on and why no-one is around that he knows to care for him.

In spite of the huge Covid toll and stress the nurses are under, Sabrine did all this and his wife was talking to him 15 minutes later, much to his and her great relief, changing the whole mental and emotional situation.

Sabrine is black, has lived here for just over 4 years and whilst not earning very much money, pays taxes and helps to look after the nations sick and unwell. The whole UK service economy, which so many take for granted, relies on Sabrines', and her Asian, East European and non UK equivalents. For travel, for cleaning, for hospitality even for a pint of milk at the corner shop, when you have no car.

Fucking people have no idea what or who they were voting for, because they never bothered to look beyond the side of a bus. Shame on them.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We had such a good arrangement - not perfect, but really very good and there was a lot of bureaucracy etc. as with most large structures, but as a generalisation we had the best of both worlds. Then the country voted against it, based on some lies, and very simple easy to understand (even without pictures) slogans, pedalled by BJ, Gove and their little Britain worshippers, who perceived it was still 1956 in Britain.

Well 'hello' who knew? it's actually 2021 and we're part of a multi racial, multi cultural, global economy, not a little island nation, with a commonwealth to use and abuse and a large manufacturing base.

All looks a bit shit now doesn't it, maybe Brexiteers should storm Parliament, wearing Make Britain Great Again hats and say that they didn't mean to build a wall around the island. Trouble is they did.

ps. My old man is in hospital with Covid and suffers from increasingly bad dementia. I dropped a personal goody bag off for him yesterday, including a mobile phone, which he can barely use. I gave the bag to one of his nurses - Sabrine and asked her, if she could possibly find a moment, to activate the phone WiFi and Facetime so that my dad's wife could see him and reassure him. He's been very upset and can't understand what's going on and why no-one is around that he knows to care for him.

In spite of the huge Covid toll and stress the nurses are under, Sabrine did all this and his wife was talking to him 15 minutes later, much to his and her great relief, changing the whole mental and emotional situation.

Sabrine is black, has lived here for just over 4 years and whilst not earning very much money, pays taxes and helps to look after the nations sick and unwell. The whole UK service economy, which so many take for granted, relies on Sabrines', and her Asian, East European and non UK equivalents. For travel, for cleaning, for hospitality even for a pint of milk at the corner shop, when you have no car.

Fucking people have no idea what or who they were voting for, because they never bothered to look beyond the side of a bus. Shame on them.
Mate, I met many 'Sabrines' when I had my heart attack in the UK. One young girl especially stands out in my memory she was a Romanian 'do-everything-that-self-entitled Brexit fuckwits won't'. She used to bring round cups of tea, wash and shave the old folks, serve food, clean the ward, everything, happily and cheerfully. One cunt in a bed opposite me started to shout at her because her Ingerlish pronunciation wasn't that good, I got umpty and told him to shut the fuck up and be grateful, he of course being a Brexit coward said he had misheard her and mumbled a very insincere apology.

I would say that 75% at least of the NHS staff who saved my life were not UK born, they are fucking superstars and the Brexitards should be ashamed of themselves for how they have been treated - they will not come back, why would they? Little Ingerlund will now learn a painful lesson and I feel really sorry for the folks who did not vote for it, I even feel sorry for those who were conned and now realise what they did - I have no sympathy for anyone who still defends this abortion of a Brexit and if they fucking die of Covid, lose their jobs, get evicted, have their neighbourhoods 'invaded; by the hordes of Asian immigrants that will now be needed to do the jobs that the hard-working Europeans used to do - I will not be unhappy.

There are Brexit benefits, in the EU. Jobs are moving here, European finance markets will eventually overtake the arrogant UK City, companies are moving here as they realise that a market of nearly 500 million is bigly. Costs to EU businesses will drop as they will ditch the expensive routes to the UK, EU ports will grow as the UK ones wither and die because it will be much easier to ship directly to the EU countries and the others connected by road. Fishing? A fucking joke, the UK fishing industry is fucked, Brexittards won't eat the fish caught in UK waters so they will have to pay much more for our tasty EU fish and the only downside for the EU is that the small amount of fish we buy from the UK will temporarily be hard to source - this will change when all the UK fishing companies relocate to the Netherlands and become EU companies.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The sadest part is, there is no way to fix it. Rejoin, and get a shit deal, stay out and wither and die.

I need my kids to get out of this sinking ship as soon as they can, once they've done school.

Its too late for me and the wife. We're too old on an employment basis and too (cash) poor to just up and do it... Retirement abroad will happen at some point, hopefully flitting between the children in whatever part of the world they've settled in...

I can't wait to get out.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
An announcement on mandatory hotel quarantine for some travellers is expected later today, a move that could deal a further blow to an already struggling tourism industry.
Point 1. Mandatory for some... Bullshit ambiguity.

Home Secretary Priti Patel (Propper lying bullying cunt) will make a statement in parliament about border restrictions, after senior ministers met on Tuesday to discuss whether quarantine should be required for all arrivals or only those from high-risk countries.
Point 2. This is an evolving pathogen that is running unchecked through our national health service... All additional risks are high risk. Oh and as the UK is the worst affected country does that mean were going to install boarder checkpoints between the different countries of the UK?

Travellers could be expected to pay to isolate in a monitored hotel with testing carried out during their stay, a system already used for international arrivals in Australia and New Zealand.
Point 3. So it works... why isn't it already installed and working in this country?

Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick told Sky News that the home secretary will set out further measures to make sure there is "less flow of individuals" into England to control new COVID-19 strains.
Point 4. "Less flow"... the least flow is zero. None. Zilch. Zip. Happy for that to have been implemented 9 months ago.

He told Sky News: "The Prime Minister has said we do want to go further and the Home Secretary will be making a statement in Parliament later today about further steps we are going to take in this country to ensure that there is less flow of individuals in."

John Swinney, Scotland's deputy first minister, said the Scottish government will "go at least as far" as any UK government announcement - with its own "additional supervised quarantine measures" if needed.

It comes after UK airline bosses wrote to Boris Johnson insisting there is not enough evidence that imposing hotel quarantines on all travellers arriving into the country is necessary.
Point 5. We are all in the same boat you wankers! The longer this goes on, the deeper the effects of this pandemic will be. Short-sightedness and self interested llobbyists like Airline owners need to wake the fuck up and realise the longer and deeper this pandemic hits, the less moolah people will have to spend on international travel...If any cunt is left by the end of it!

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The irony is everywhere and the thing that i find most laughable is that they defend their vote by now suggesting that the problems are being caused by the EU.

It's a bit like Trump saying the only way to save America from Trump was to vote Trump.

If it wasn't all so sad, it would be hilarious.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I knew people were stupid, but the latest election results and comments make me believe I had really underestimated their stupidity. The fucking Tories killed a higher proportion of their people than all the EU countries and a big chunk of the whole world, the Tories insult the hard working NHS staff by giving them a real-terms pay-cut, the thieving cunts have been feathering their nests and bunging money to their mates. The fucking so-called Prime Minister gave over £100,000 to his girlfriend when he was Mayor of London, the health secretary and his wife own a large part of a company that was given health care contracts, that cunt Cameron (a Bullingdon chum and top Tory) has been trying to get a nice little earner lobbying for companies who bung him shed loads of money. Senior officials in the cabinet office it turns out have second jobs with companies being awarded these secret contracts. The housing secretary overruled planning officials to give his mate a nice little £40m earner. Countless secret Covid contracts have been awarded to Tory backers who have started companies.

The fucking Tories won Hartlepool. Do fucking what?

A bloke on TV this morning said he had voted for the Tories because there were not enough Police, the NHS was underfunded and Labour (who he had supported all his life) had done nothing to help the local economy!!! For fucks fucking sake mate, the fucking Tories have been in power for 11 fucking years so how the fuck is it Labour's fault that the country has been fucked up the fucking arse? That wanker Johnson took a gamble with the vaccine and it paid off, everything else these evil, thieving cunts have done is ignored because these fucking retards think 'Boris is doing a good job'.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate it's even more basic than that... Brand Boris is bigger than any policy or fuck up any party makes...

He is a fucking celebrity like that orange wanker the Septics got shot of. He does however, have half a fucking clue as to who to surround himself with in order to cushion him from the fallout and who to continue spouting his tag line bullshit.

History is stuff that Facebook shows you a picture of from a year ago... not the Tories ripping the funding away from the police, or NHS while allowing huge tax cuts cuts big business..

People are cunts mate.

The Tories are bent as fuck and there will be scandal dripped out over the coming years to support the fact... but Labour offer nothing to combat brand Boris.
I like Starmer and I reckon he's a proper clever chap and has a proper haircut... but he is surrounded by inexperienced party members or Corbynites who are continuing to tarnish and undermine the party.

Labour has to change and modernise with new leaders we can get behind and follow. I think we could see Labour utterly destroyed until they sort their internal politics with the Tories running riot unchecked for another decade.

The next GE is huge for Labour as it could be their ultimate demise. Its huge for the Tories as they will have to plan to unpick and pay for this pandemic and manage what Brexit has Bourne us.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Mate it's even more basic than that... Brand Boris is bigger than any policy or fuck up any party makes...

He is a fucking celebrity like that orange wanker the Septics got shot of. He does however, have half a fucking clue as to who to surround himself with in order to cushion him from the fallout and who to continue spouting his tag line bullshit.

History is stuff that Facebook shows you a picture of from a year ago... not the Tories ripping the funding away from the police, or NHS while allowing huge tax cuts cuts big business..

People are cunts mate.

The Tories are bent as fuck and there will be scandal dripped out over the coming years to support the fact... but Labour offer nothing to combat brand Boris.
I like Starmer and I reckon he's a proper clever chap and has a proper haircut... but he is surrounded by inexperienced party members or Corbynites who are continuing to tarnish and undermine the party.

Labour has to change and modernise with new leaders we can get behind and follow. I think we could see Labour utterly destroyed until they sort their internal politics with the Tories running riot unchecked for another decade.

The next GE is huge for Labour as it could be their ultimate demise. Its huge for the Tories as they will have to plan to unpick and pay for this pandemic and manage what Brexit has Bourne us.
Labour is done and everyone can see it, f*ck me even the die hards in Hull are voting Tory now! The absolute best you can hope for is some kind of Tory Lite party that actually has a bit of integrity come along and take the centre away from Boris and leave him far, far out on the right with all his wally chums. Tory Lite would of course be New (sparkle, sparkle) Labour but this isn't 1997 anymore. The country is done and it's every man with a couple of million already in the bank for himself and/or a crony.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Labour is done and everyone can see it, f*ck me even the die hards in Hull are voting Tory now! The absolute best you can hope for is some kind of Tory Lite party that actually has a bit of integrity come along and take the centre away from Boris and leave him far, far out on the right with all his wally chums. Tory Lite would of course be New (sparkle, sparkle) Labour but this isn't 1997 anymore. The country is done and it's every man with a couple of million already in the bank for himself and/or a crony.
Mate, I don't think Labour is the problem. The problem is celebrity culture, right-wing news media telling everyone that Boris is doing a great job. The majority of voters have switched off their very tiny brains and do what the one-party papers tell them. I have not managed to have a decent conversation with anyone who supports the Tories or Brexit, they are too stupid and believe all the total shite they chose to read.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Mate, I don't think Labour is the problem. The problem is celebrity culture, right-wing news media telling everyone that Boris is doing a great job. The majority of voters have switched off their very tiny brains and do what the one-party papers tell them. I have not managed to have a decent conversation with anyone who supports the Tories or Brexit, they are too stupid and believe all the total shite they chose to read.
Swimming against the tide.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate that's not dissimilar to disenfranchised Labour voters... infact new Tories are disenfranchised Labour voters...!!!

Politics is dead. Popularity and media coverage is the new order of rule.

I voted Green in the hope that if they picked up enough votes to make a shits worth of difference that their green policies maye be picked up by whatever faction eventually won in order to sway some more fringe voters...

Honestly there is no choice that represents what I want so trying to tactically vote for being less fucked and in the hope we can save the planet for the next generation will do me.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I remember speaking to someone in the run up to the last general election. They relayed a story to me about a disabled woman they knew who was struggling on Universal Credit to make ends meet. The woman lived in Ian Duncan Smith's constituency.

And I bet you can't guess who she voted for ?

When the electorate can ignore over a decade of austerity, a near 4000% rise in foodbank use, a massive rise in child poverty and still vote for the lot who caused that just because "they got their country back" then that should tell you that we are fucked for a generation.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Labour is definitely part of the problem and so are the Lib Dems and everyone else. The electorate doesn't have seemingly any alternatives. So they either don't vote or vote Tory. Labour urgently need to find some intelligent policies that can be easily communicated with the public and some intelligent politicians that can deliver them. There are some easy targets but they're not even getting close to hitting them - low pay for nurses and public sector workers, zero hours contracts, education, transport and the £120billion being wasted on HS2. They need to be ruthless, find the new young guns, listen to what the voters are saying and get their vote back. At the moment the tories can effectively do what they want and that isn't good, even for Tory voters because the main beneficiaries, will be elite Tory MP's and the companies who's boards they sit on.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The batsrads are doubling down on holding onto power so they can enrich themselves and their chums, photo ID will be needed in future elections to stamp out (the non-existent) voter fraud. So, poor people (who will soon be a real majority unlike the fake so-called Parliamentary majority) and those terrible youths who do not have driving licences or passports will be disenfranchised. Somebody jokingly said that in 2024 only white homeowners over 35 will be allowed to vote - a prediction that might come true. Facism by the backdoor and the stupid cunts who vote for these criminals are facilitating their crimes against democracy.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Lord Frost has warned that the UK could soon take drastic action over the Brexit deal which he agreed, because of concerns about violence and discord in Northern Ireland.
What a total cunt. This facist cunt negotiated the so-called deal, he raved about how great the so-called deal was and his boss the great dictator Johnson told everybody what a great deal he had got so the stupid cunts would vote him in and allow the Brexit his owners had instructed him to implement to happen.

Everybody with a fucking brain cell has been saying since 2016 that Brexit and the GFA could never work without remaining in the single market and the customs union - in fact the lying cunts told the sheep that is what would happen before the referendum, even that total cunt Nigel Farrago said that we would not be leaving the CU or the SM because that would be an act of self-harm. 'There will never be a border in the Irish Sea and you can send any paperwork to me and I will throw it in the bin' said lying cunt Johnson.

I hope the UK do take this 'drastic action' and the entire world sees what a bunch of lying, law breaking cunts these Tories are. Any 'drastic action' taken by the UK will lead to tariffs, more controls on exports and no cunt wanting to do deals with cunts who tear them up five minutes later. That will fuck the UK even harder up the arse than it is being fucked now, Sorry UK residents, it's going to hurt, a lot, but unless you stand up and do something about the rise of the facist one party state then you will reap what you sow.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oh the irony!

Facist cunt and Witherspoons boss Tim Martin has called for more immigration from the EU because he cant get the staff. This is the cunt who has been banging on about how great Brexit will be.he stopped selling 'forrin' beer because of them, you know - them bastard EU forrinners, he was one of the gobbiest supporters of the stupidest thing any country has ever done to itself and now - the cunt wants freedom of movement back, he has eaten his fucking cake, now he wants his cake back and yours.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Another Brexit “benefit” then ..
Yep, nobody wants to be a coach of a team in an island prison when they can't bring their families with them. Fuck Brexit, fuck the fucking Brexiters, fuck them for fucking ever, the cunts. Stupid cunts cannot even understand that I when I tell them that they are not welcome in my house for a free holiday and a swim in my pool that ban was for fucking ever, not just for the transition period, not just while Covid was ripping through the UK - Brexit will fuck over everybody in Europe and the UK for fucking ever (or as long as I live and that is forever for me). It's not so bad here because their are actual Brexit benefits - more jobs in EU companies that have abandoned the UK because they know that half a billion customers is better than the 55 million there will be left in Little England.

I have replied in the politics thread because I don't want to upset any soft cunts who want to ignore reality and "don't do politics".

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a cunt that Brexit Buffoon Johnson is. The Northern Ireland Protocol, which could be called the Boris Johnson Protocol because him and that total wanker Frost negotiated it, then told the UK electorate how fucking great it was so they could win the last election. Now Boris Johnson is whining like a cunt that the Boris Johnson Protocol is terrible for the UK.

it is the prime duty of the UK government to uphold the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom" and said the government would do "whatever it takes to ensure that".

Really Johnson you lying fucking crook. Why did you sign the fucking agreement then? He was totally happy to agree to a border in the Irish Sea when he wanted your fucking votes, he will say anything to hold onto power and then renege on a legal treaty, like all those evil cunt Tory bastards. So many promises, no fucking action. How many of the 200,000 affordable houses they promised 12 years ago have been built? Why are they scrapping their manifesto promise of 0.7% of GDP in aid without a vote in Parliament? If you believe the Brexit promises then you are fucking stupid, if you believe the 40 new hospitals will be built then you are even more stupid, if you believe that the £37bn pissed away on a useless test and trace system was them 'doing a good job' then you are so fucking stupid that a really stupid bloke would look like a genius compared to you. Raking in donations from property development companies while they scrap planning laws is not a fucking coincidence. Government ministers being found guilty in court of acting illegally then keeping their fucking jobs with no uprising on the streets is beyond belief. Thieving fucking crooks doshing out your money to their mates and stuffing it in their pockets.

To be fair and balanced - Kier Starmer is a waste of fucking space and would probably make a total balls-up of running the country. PR is the only way to ensure the extreme evil and greed of the Tories or the extreme incompetence and infighting of Labour are kept in balance. Sorted! I will take over as UK dictator as soon as the people rise up and demand I take over.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Massive win for LD's in 'True blue' Chesham & Amersham overnight. Former 16k majority now -8 deficit. Victory for local campaigning against arrogance, corruption and croneyism. Hurrah, keep going, take Uxbridge next eh Bozo?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Let me stir the pot here. I will of course want to hear what those of you actually tied to the sceptered isle say, but isn't there a properly progressive case for Brexit?

I know, I know, those asshats in blue are an entitled mob of parasites who are so full of shit their eyes are brown (apologies for the mixed metaphor).

But doesn't the EU have a lot to answer for? Not the small-minded dog-whistle stuff Boris feeds his pet proles (I did it again!),but the general corporatist, anti-democratic throttling of proper public involvement in the construction of a properly functioning society?

There, now we can forget about the managerial clusterfuck for a bit. Lay it on me.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Let me stir the pot here. I will of course want to hear what those of you actually tied to the sceptered isle say, but isn't there a properly progressive case for Brexit?

I know, I know, those asshats in blue are an entitled mob of parasites who are so full of shit their eyes are brown (apologies for the mixed metaphor).

But doesn't the EU have a lot to answer for? Not the small-minded dog-whistle stuff Boris feeds his pet proles (I did it again!),but the general corporatist, anti-democratic throttling of proper public involvement in the construction of a properly functioning society?

There, now we can forget about the managerial clusterfuck for a bit. Lay it on me.
Yes it does, like any large beaureaucratic organistion and on the surface there is much to be improved, not least a lot of wasted money and croneyism, but we've had that in spades from our own UK governments year after year after year and especially now.

Brexit was a little Britain idealogy, pedalled by those who still consider it to be 1950 something and imagining that we're a global manufacturing power. By convincing a dim 'don't mention the war' electorate, stuck in 'an island nation mentality' of the past and telling very basic lies, that nobody checked, coupled with a few easy to repeat slogans, they've had their day and now we're reaping all the non benefits, whilst the privileged old school front bench reap personal financial rewards. Cummings masterminded much of the campaign, which tells you a lot, especially after his recent tirades. Complete bunch of cunts treating the country like a personal play thing.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Could you enlighten me as to what the fuck you are talking about? That sounds very Brexit to me, coming out with some broad unspecific pile of bollocks and calling it a reasonable argument. In answer to your fist question - "isn't there a properly progressive case for Brexit?". No.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
This is meant to be a longer conversation, or debate, or even virtual fisticuffs. And I won't be able to lay it out in one post. And may be considered varna sankara before it's over.

It's not even my country, so where do I get the nerve?

Nevertheless: If by "Brexity" you mean supporting the shitshow that's taken up the last five years, hell no. But if it's possible to conceive of the UK leaving the EU--not Europe, mind--in order to have a freer hand to fight inequality, construct a national industrial strategy, bolster worker's rights vis-a-vis corporations, and tweak democracy so it's not beholden to wealthy donors, then hells ya!

But let's call it "Lexit" then, silly as it sounds. There's more to this, which I'm happy to discuss once I've a few pints inside me rather than in front of me, but suffice it to say it wouldn't involve any of that Little Britain bollocks, and would indeed be a throwback to the 50s, but with a lot more immigration, solidarity and worker's rights.

(He says with fists raised, but in a defensive stance)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't think there has ever been an argument where in my mind Brexit has ever been made to sound progressive...

I honestly and truthfully gave it a chance, I tried to see from any angle where there would be a benefit for the UK in leaving Europe... I even tried to be a selfish cunt and see how I could exploit it and make myself enough money to fuck off and leave all those left to suffer the brexit benefits.

I am still here, enjoying all the benefits the Tories have given us.

But to get to your point... the argument that Europe is trying to create a United States of Europe and take power away from the UK government...

I could be flippant and just say "good, they're a bunch of useless cunts anyway", but that would be too easy.

The deal we had with Europe was phenomenal. It was the only stage worldwide where we had one of the top seats and where we could influence our future on a global level.

We now don't have that.

We now have deals with Australia and Japan and we actually have to compete with Europe when making trade deals...

There has been nothing so far that has been close to being described as a benefit in my eyes. Things cost more and take way longer to be imported or exported, threats of legal action over Covid Vaccines, the Boarder between Ireland causing another civil war, the home nations wanting to ditch the UK and get back into Europe claiming their independence...

Can anyone actually name a benefit from the UK leaving Europe.

Let's see how long it takes for immigration to be mentioned...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This is meant to be a longer conversation, or debate, or even virtual fisticuffs. And I won't be able to lay it out in one post. And may be considered varna sankara before it's over.

It's not even my country, so where do I get the nerve?

Nevertheless: If by "Brexity" you mean supporting the shitshow that's taken up the last five years, hell no. But if it's possible to conceive of the UK leaving the EU--not Europe, mind--in order to have a freer hand to fight inequality, construct a national industrial strategy, bolster worker's rights vis-a-vis corporations, and tweak democracy so it's not beholden to wealthy donors, then hells ya!

But let's call it "Lexit" then, silly as it sounds. There's more to this, which I'm happy to discuss once I've a few pints inside me rather than in front of me, but suffice it to say it wouldn't involve any of that Little Britain bollocks, and would indeed be a throwback to the 50s, but with a lot more immigration, solidarity and worker's rights.

(He says with fists raised, but in a defensive stance)
Not virtual fisticuffs at all mate, but if you come out with some random non-specific bollocks like ' general corporatist, anti-democratic throttling of proper public involvement in the construction of a properly functioning society?' then I am going to call you a wanker until you come up with specific, actual, real examples of what you are talking about. When I said Brexity that is exactly what I meant, those flag waving cunts have been spewing out bollocks like that for 5 years and not one of them can come up with a specific, actual, real, measurable argument for the fucking great shit show they have created.

I ask again 'can you tell me what the fuck you are talking about', if you reply again with weak-arse politics talk like "a freer hand to fight inequality, construct a national industrial strategy, bolster worker's rights vis-a-vis corporations, and tweak democracy so it's not beholden to wealthy donors" then I am going to get umpty. Tell me how you think leaving the EU could actually do any of those things when in the real world, actual, real, measurable, proven in court cases have shown that the exact opposite of what you are suggesting could happen has happened. I don't have to prove anything, Remainers (or Rejoiners these days) do not have to, we did not want any change, we were happy with the way things were so it is up to the agitators for change to prove their case.